Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Anyone here still in ANVS?

Dr. Maria rang the closing bell for NYSE Monday. Next set of data or bio markers maybe is due soon (this week it seems).

Up 20% today. I was watching and wanted to buy more shares below 21 which it hovered around recently. Didn’t get a chance so had to buy at pretty much my average today. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Tough start to today

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

I don't know why I just didn't take your word for it... Had to check myself... Now I'm in bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Is TSLA going back under 600 today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

chance to get in RIO.L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Lads my portfolio is actually being fisted atm! Down 50% in SPCE which will likely tank as low as $10... I'll need to double down to even get a whiff of breaking even.

Everything I have is getting rekd, Paypal, Salesforce, TXMD + almost everything else.

I think things will only get worse until crypto begins to slow down and then hopefully things might turn around. Either that or a post-COVID pop (wishful thinking).

Thankfully I'm only young and threw 10K into bonds/saving accounts before I went near the market.

Looks like I'll be a bagholder for the foreseeable...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

How do I explain this to my wife?

If you are dollar cost averaging and have a long time frame (i.e. 5/10/15/20) years then days like today needn't bother you. In fact, it is probably a good thing for prices to go down at a stage in your investment "career" where there is still a long runway ahead for stocks to go up (as the market does over time).

If you have now changed your mind about the quality of your investments because the share price has gone down, and for no other reason, you have to ask yourself if you were really investing or just gambling. If you are not confident in picking single stocks you should look at more diversified instruments like Investment Trusts (which is what I do) or ETFs.

But of course it is still sh!t, my tech IT is down 10% over the past week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Lads my portfolio is actually being fisted atm! Down 50% in SPCE which will likely tank as low as $10... I'll need to double down to even get a whiff of breaking even.

Everything I have is getting rekd, Paypal, Salesforce, TXMD + almost everything else.

I think things will only get worse until crypto begins to slow down and then hopefully things might turn around. Either that or a post-COVID pop (wishful thinking).

Thankfully I'm only young and threw 10K into bonds/saving accounts before I went near the market.

Looks like I'll be a bagholder for the foreseeable...

Wouldn't be too worried about Paypal and Salesforce long term.

Things like SPCE are having a rough time. Not sure the long term for something like that. While things like CCIV are very speculative, space tourism just isn't happening full stop.

Chamath Palihapitiya getting out of SPCE at 30 was definitely a sign of concern to me. Didn't think it would be this bad though.

• Advertisement

If you are dollar cost averaging and have a long time frame (i.e. 5/10/15/20) years then days like today needn't bother you. In fact, it is probably a good thing for prices to go down at a stage in your investment "career" where there is still a long runway ahead for stocks to go up (as the market does over time).

If you have now changed your mind about the quality of your investments because the share price has gone down, and for no other reason, you have to ask yourself if you were really investing or just gambling. If you are not confident in picking single stocks you should look at more diversified instruments like Investment Trusts (which is what I do) or ETFs.

But of course it is still sh!t, my tech IT is down 10% over the past week

I disagree, I think any investor paying attention to their portfolio should be concerned when the share price of a company they've invested in drops +50%. There are very few examples where such a drastic drop in 'value' didn't reflect something more fundamental.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

when you see red in your account, it's a dip, when your wife sees it, it's a crash.

LONG: Affirm, Draftkings, Invitae, Metromile, Snowflake

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

VertBlue wrote: »
    I don't know why I just didn't take your word for it... Had to check myself... Now I'm in bad form

:pac: :pac: same here...

cronos wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too worried about Paypal and Salesforce long term.

Things like SPCE are having a rough time. Not sure the long term for something like that. While things like CCIV are very speculative, space tourism just isn't happening full stop.

Chamath Palihapitiya getting out of SPCE at 30 was definitely a sign of concern to me. Didn't think it would be this bad though.

SPCE is suffering at the moment as their big sell was the plan of being the "first" to run a successful commercial flight. Now they're struggling to run a successful test flight and Blue Origin looks far more likely to get that first flight now.

Having said that, any bit of positive news from SPCE will bring the SP back up I think. Just a lot of negative news around it currently adding to the SPAC and general market decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Nasdaq is only down 6.8% from all time high.

I do love the negativity here, you can often gauge how close we are to the top/bottom by reading this thread. (Another bit to go, but we're getting warmer :) )

Going to hold out for another little decreace before adding to highest conviction names (msft, nvda etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

jams100 wrote: »

I do love the negativity here, you can often gauge how close we are to the top/bottom by reading this thread. (Another bit to go, but we're getting warmer :) )

Going to hold out for another little decreace before adding to highest conviction names (msft, nvda etc.)

Whats your conviction for nasdaq breaking ath?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

LC134 wrote: »

Dr. Maria rang the closing bell for NYSE Monday. Next set of data or bio markers maybe is due soon (this week it seems).

Up 20% today. I was watching and wanted to buy more shares below 21 which it hovered around recently. Didn’t get a chance so had to buy at pretty much my average today. Fingers crossed.

Yep I have a few hundred shares, looking good for some upward momentum, only thing green in my portfolio!!

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    I disagree, I think any investor paying attention to their portfolio should be concerned when the share price of a company they've invested in drops +50%. There are very few examples where such a drastic drop in 'value' didn't reflect something more fundamental.
    Well that's why I had the caveat.

If you thought it was a great investment for x reason, and the only change is that the price has gone down and x reason remains valid, then you should try not to worry and not panic sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

LC134 wrote: »

Yes, I have quite a big position in ANVS, in fact I'd call it massive and ridiculously risky.

If the trial results are positive, which all indications point to them being (watch Maria's latest interview) then this is a billion dollar company. SAVA hit 4.5 bn market cap off a 10% improvement for AD on retrospective results analysis.

All initial data from earlier trials point to Annovis' drug being even better. We also have a passionate, dedicated CEO who's life goal is to "stop nerve cells dying"

https://youtu.be/M7RnuKvMHr4?t=727

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I do love the negativity here, you can often gauge how close we are to the top/bottom by reading this thread. (Another bit to go, but we're getting warmer :)

Lol agreed, we are nowhere near the blood on the street levels of fear from last March. My portfolio hurting massively at the minute, but I'm absolutely not going to do anything impulsive. Dollar averaging into positions still, but I have learnt the hard way that growth stocks are serious high risk/reward and take your profits along the way and don't become blinker like last Jan that it would all go on indefinitely. I've rode the crypto wave very nicely the last 9months, and it's time for me to start taking profits of that more rather than blindly hodl on forever.

And yep Nasdaq still in a longterm uptrend, well above its 200day ma, only just dipped under its 100day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Yesterday I bought back into UWMC. Dollar averaging into PLTR, QS, SKLZ, DM & TTOO as well.

I wish RIGOLO was here right now to advise me about TXMD... I'm getting spooked. It's below $1 in premarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Didn't realise how low USD was vs EUR as well, which explains some of the drop.
    Also an excuse to pile even more money in to my USD stocks...if only I hadn't already bought in only plenty of falling knoves.

Must ask herself for a loan...

If pre-market is anything to go by, we could be a lot closer to the bottom by the end of today

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Whats your conviction for nasdaq breaking ath?

I dont understand what your asking?

Nasdaq will break all time high, when? (Your guess is as good as mine, but the future is tech not brick and mortar retail or oil etc.)

I'm just going to average down anytime there is a ~10% correction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Death, taxes and a daily 10% movement email from Degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

PSFE Paysafe down nearly 20%, wow didn't see that coming. I dread to see my balance when this opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

I dont understand what your asking?

Nasdaq will break all time high, when? (Your guess is as good as mine, but the future is tech not brick and mortar retail or oil etc.)

I'm just going to average down anytime there is a ~10% correction

well I assume you thought it will break ath so was wondering why? From I can gather tech will continue to dump. Dont think this year is attractive for tech.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

To me this has really reinforced that I need to take some gains when they are on the table. Particularly with some of the more speculative investments. My CCIV is particularly difficult to look at at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

This has just been a free-fall since March. A stock a day losing 20% (TDD yday, PSFE today) and SPACs bottoming out to NAV. Every time I look at PLTR I think its in the buy-range, and it just keeps on trucking down...

All I can say is thank god for crypto markets.

Advertisement