Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

What position are people's portfolios at this point? I'm still 6% up but losing about a 1% a day every day for the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

cronos wrote: »
    What position are people's portfolios at this point? I'm still 6% up but losing about a 1% a day every day for the last couple of weeks.

Not too bad all things considered, 2% off my all time high.

DKNG getting crushed though

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

MikeSoys wrote: »
    more pain until FEd calms the market. they will need to raise rates sooner but not cause issues for T bill.... helicopter money might be on the way ie,:..crack cocaine for wall street-figurativly!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ;-)

that can only work so many times until its fully priced in.

Not too bad all things considered, 2% off my all time high.

DKNG getting crushed though

I've been buying some DKNG at BEP 43. Seems like a good deal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Down 31%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Down 28 percent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Down about 15% after being up by a similar amount not too long ago.

We'll all be looking back on this and laughing in a year's time when LMND is a >$100bn market cap juggernaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Down 7.3%, but opened up a few new positions on dipping stocks so probably closer to -5% realistically. All high conviction, but might have to trim a pre-rumour SPAC and buy back in at a later date to buy some dips. Happy to sit like this till September, but would prefer not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Including crypto I'm 60% up from my start in Jan 2020. Crypto only represents about 10% my actually capital, but it's gone 5x. On just stocks I'm 22% up overall, however thats back from 120% up at the peak in mid Feb. Money comes money goes, defo not gonna lose sleep over it, but I most certainly know I cannot and will not allow my savings be invested in such volatility for the long term ha.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Including crypto I'm 60% up from my start in Jan 2020. Crypto only represents about 10% my actually capital, but it's gone 5x. On just stocks I'm 22% up overall, however thats back from 120% up at the peak in mid Feb. Money comes money goes, defo not gonna lose sleep over it, but I most certainly know I cannot and will not allow my savings be invested in such volatility for the long term ha.

You mean you are going to sell up? Confused regarding your comment on savings. I would consider my money in stocks savings. Obviously correctly volatile savings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

Down 40% from being up c.15% in late Feb - averaging down throughout April drove much of the swing but feeling okay about the portfolio long term but sitting tight for next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Overall down 3% for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

Overall up 13%.

On my new 2021 Cycle I'm down -25%.
    NNDM, IDEX and NIO. Two small cap tech growth stocks and well...NIO.
    Very long-term holds so not worrying, eventually small cap tech will take off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

We'll all be looking back on this and laughing in a year's time when LMND is a >$100bn market cap juggernaut.

And many of us bought into that hype. I blame Motley fool in my defense.

bish76 wrote: »
    And many of us bought into that hype. I blame Motley fool in my defense.

Hmm, time to buy I wonder. Funnily when I started this back in October it was the first stock I was looking to buy. I remember it was at 47 and I was waiting for it to hit 45 but then it just took off like a rocket and I ignored it after that. Might be time to put a 1% portfolio position into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

You mean you are going to sell up? Confused regarding your comment on savings. I would consider my money in stocks savings. Obviously correctly volatile savings.

Well at some stage I'll build a house, not selling up for now, but I am slowly diversify away from mostly growth stocks and crypto, they are like the cocaine and hookers of the investing world, great fun if you get lucky but absolutely not safe or sustainable longterm haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Up 5% ... was down entering this year after panic sell last March lost me about 30%. Slow grind back up. I am largely in value stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Small portfolio and pretty much down overall. Most of my American based company's are up. Mainly tyson foods and AT&T. My European ones are keeping me down. Large portion in a uk based russian warehouse owner has me down 40%. Its a microcap that i bought for growth and a long term hold, have Santander which is slowly coming back towards the black.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Down 22% after being up a similar amount. While it's hard to look at now I'm still confident with my portfolio in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Down 19% and falling fast.
    Lemonade dropping like a stone and others aren't faring much better.
    In it for the long haul so not overly concerned. Am worried about how long it will take to claw back the losses of the last few weeks.
    Would live to average down on some stocks as there is value out there but not an option at the moment.
    I'll keep repeating the 'time in the market' mantra to myself to soothe my battered T212 portfolio value!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Pretty much flat / neutral on my initial capital, but technically down about 8% as I took some profits earlier in the year and had small dividends too. First 6 months investing. Was up 48% at one point. Took a beating in March and panic sold positions which cost me about 7%. Not sure what state those panic sold stocks would be in today but they rebounded a lot back then.

Interestingly, if I held all my initial 10 or 15 starting positions (held only 2 or 3 and profited on the rest, then went SPACs, biotech, growth spec...) I’d probably be up 30-40% today. Was a good blend of stocks and all Schwab A rated at the time. May just have been my timing too for those typical steady stocks.

I regret not going more into VFH financials ETF. I tried to build up holding in two Ark ETFs too quickly but will average down periodically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah Crypto saving me too, still down about 5% YTD, probably 30% off the highs of Feb. To be honest, I don't even consider them real highs, they were far above reality.

For those giving out about lemonade, did any of ye read the shareholder letter? Or review the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

SmokyMo wrote: »
    that can only work so many times until its fully priced in.

Us is printing trillions they need to print more to service the debt. This is a much needed correction.. hopefully we're not going into a period of Stagnation.. SPACS is not a good investment imo. Dow having worst day since jan..
    Anyone can make money in a bull Market, look at what would you like to hold in 10 yrs.us Stock still OVERPRICED...

circa DJI - 650 into the close. More selling now. Take a moment to think about Elon he's lost an ugly amount this week.

KO might be good sub $52

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

This feels like a full on crash. My DEGIRO looks like an ark etf, tech and genomic heavy, really hurting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Time to put cash sitting on sidelines into the market now, or wait a little while longer?

Valhallapt wrote: »
    This feels like a full on crash. My DEGIRO looks like an ark etf, tech and genomic heavy, really hurting now.

A much needed correction.. I'd put a Google news alert for and word from FED
    I think a correction is when market falls 10% from 52w high.. If we down more by Friday then we on the way down big time(which is good)

Would be looking at stock that actually make a profit in the real world, dividend stock, work our your usd/eur exposure though....

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Gone from being up 30% start of March to 8.4% up now but I'm not worried. I've seen this "sell in May" type pattern before. Averaging down what I think I want to hold the longest and has the strongest chance of growth. Crypto wise my IOTA holdings has been staying in the same range for a good while now.

I know it's hard to log off from degiro and the like but consider it if it's panicking you daily. If you are doing this for short term gains it's not really investing at all and you will more than likely get snookered by swings in the market. There's a very good chance of a "vaccine reaching critical mass" type boost end of July/August. Also keeping an eye on this hyper inflation fear + trying to figure out if the central banks will ever try to shut off the money tap that's falling into the bucket of holes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

MikeSoys wrote: »
    work our your usd/eur exposure though....

That slippage is offset on your CGT is it not?

• Advertisement

Gone from being up 30% start of March to 8.4% up now but I'm not worried. I've seen this "sell in May" type pattern before. Averaging down what I think I want to hold the longest and has the strongest chance of growth. Crypto wise my IOTA holdings has been staying in the same range for a good while now.

I know it's hard to log off from degiro and the like but consider it if it's panicking you daily. If you are doing this for short term gains it's not really investing at all and you will more than likely get snookered by swings in the market. There's a very good chance of a "vaccine reaching critical mass" type boost end of July/August. Also keeping an eye on this hyper inflation fear + trying to figure out if the central banks will ever try to shut off the money tap that's falling into the bucket of holes :D

I can't see hyperinflation.. Its the USA they will declare war with someone before they allow it going that far Stagnation after the economy cools. Don't forget about the Indian varient!!

Advertisement