Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

pioneerpro wrote: »
    That slippage is offset on your CGT is it not?

Yes,

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

-6% on degiro, from +30% in Jan, only a small venture into crypto so it hasn't saved me.

daheff wrote: »
    Time to put cash sitting on sidelines into the market now, or wait a little while longer?

I'd consider (my option only) selling anything(taking profit) that's not paying div and more speculation(SPACS)!!!!! .. But those stocks are prob up +20% this Yr so if we go into a crash you will find it hard to find a matching buyer of ur sell.

I'm a long term investor I've usd on sidelines looking to buy into long term stock paying dividends that can beat inflation(not rushing in yet.. Wait and see) ... Israle-gaza news not considered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

A colleague of mine at work today was saying about a girl she knows on a J1 internship in the US. She was saying there is a huge gang of them over there and they are all getting Joe Biden's stimulus cheques.

The inflation problem is only beginning and the stock market is a broken sh1tshow! We're running out of places to put our money. It'll be interesting to see if crypto continues to gain from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I thought the J1 had been cancelled.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I thought the J1 had been cancelled.

You could be right, I can't imagine plane loads of students going over to the US this year. She may have been talking about last year and Trump's cheques:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-payment-to-former-j1-students-may-affect-ability-to-return-to-us-1.4245643

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Current portfolio:
    552843.png

BT.L, IAG.L, TRR.L & NOK are the main ones keeping me from falling further and crypto (ETH & ADA main gainers).

Made the same mistake as previous posters of reinvesting profits at the wrong time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

bfa1509 wrote: »
    A colleague of mine at work today was saying about a girl she knows on a J1 internship in the US. She was saying there is a huge gang of them over there and they are all getting Joe Biden's stimulus cheques.

The inflation problem is only beginning and the stock market is a broken sh1tshow! We're running out of places to put our money. It'll be interesting to see if crypto continues to gain from this.

I'm personally fairly confident that inflation is temporary.

The only real concern I would have would be a COVID 2 situation where a variant came out that the vaccines were not covering. For me the rest is just everything rebalancing to norms after a big shift from one type of stocks to another and now back to half and half like normal. Where that normal is though will impact growth investors allot.

I do think a lot of money was spent during this period that will ultimately need to be repaid. But if COVID is a once in 100 year type of event then that repayment can be spread out over a good bit. However as I say confidence would be hit if there was a COVID 2 situation.

cronos wrote: »
    I'm personally fairly confident that inflation is temporary.

The only real concern I would have would be a COVID 2 situation where a variant came out that the vaccines were not covering. For me the rest is just everything rebalancing to norms after a big shift from one type of stocks to another and now back to half and half like normal. Where that normal is though will impact growth investors allot.

I do think a lot of money was spent during this period that will ultimately need to be repaid. But if COVID is a once in 100 year type of event then that repayment can be spread out over a good bit. However as I say confidence would be hit if there was a COVID 2 situation.
    Exactly, a covid2 should be an investor's number one concern. Question is where to to have your money in anticipation of this. Gold, tech, bitcoin? Hard to tell.

The power Elon has to influence crypto prices is scary. BTC price dropped straight away

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1392602041025843203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

cc87 wrote: »
    The power Elon has to influence crypto prices is scary. BTC price dropped straight away

Amazing they have the nerve to suggest that it's recent. Everyone has known that for years.

Amazing they have the nerve to suggest that it's recent. Everyone has known that for years.

I feel like BTC is becoming too mainstream for him these days. Probably tweet about buying a different crypto in the next few days and the energy concerns are just a smokescreen.

Just hope it's a coin I hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

This made me laugh quite a few times...

https://youtu.be/sIxtzJVnHNw

Everything moneys take on Stock Moe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I've been buying some DKNG at BEP 43. Seems like a good deal to me.

I understand how IPO's have been crazy in the US, driving interest, but why would anyone over here, where Flutter is headquartered, buy Draftkings? Flutters market cap is only slightly larger despite already being far more successful in the states, and then the extra 1.9BN of revenue from established business in the rest of the world, probably top 2 in the ROW market. Draftkings have little experience of success at anything. Either Flutter is way underpriced (through not being listed in the US) or Draftkings overpriced. I suspect both.

I'd imagine Flutters price will go through the roof once they get over the fox court case and IPO FanDuel in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

It's not good that , I think he should be more responsible he's going to cause alot of people to make or lose lots of money . I think there should be a law against what he's doing .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Ouch, the bleeding continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

new2tri19 wrote: »
    It's not good that , I think he should be more responsible he's going to cause alot of people to make or lose lots of money . I think there should be a law against what he's doing .

I think its the people who should be more responsible. People were cheering him every time he pumped and every time you gain from markets somebody looses.

new2tri19 wrote: »

Regulating crypto is a weird one, if the SEC do it, it's likely a lot more investment funds will put money towards it possibly increasing the price.

But could also mean a lot of exchanges currently used will come under the SEC meaning some will probably stop operating in the US leading to a sell-off possibly dropping prices. Only the major exchanges like coinbase, binance could easily absorb the costs of becoming regulated.

I find comfort that red days in the UK market are 4/5% and not 15-20% like the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Regulating crypto is a weird one, if the SEC do it, it's likely a lot more investment funds will put money towards it possibly increasing the price.

But could also mean a lot of exchanges currently used will come under the SEC meaning some will probably stop operating in the US leading to a sell-off possibly dropping prices. Only the major exchanges like coinbase, binance could easily absorb the costs of becoming regulated.

Not many investment funds will put money into these. any decent investment fund will not touch them with a barge poll as they have no fundamentals.
    Regulation will effect Coinbase, it will probably land itself in trouble in time as the more scrutiny it is under the less it can manipulate or paint trades. That is one reason I would not invest in $Coin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not many investment funds will put money into these. any decent investment fund will not touch them with a barge poll as they have no fundamentals.
    Regulation will effect Coinbase, it will probably land itself in trouble in time as the more scrutiny it is under the less it can manipulate or paint trades. That is one reason I would not invest in $Coin

Not multi-asset funds, but there's a few Bitcoin trackers out there that people can avail of. What we're seeing more and more of these days is people putting 2-5% of a portfolio into a Bitcoin tracker ETF

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

https://twitter.com/saxena_puru/status/1392704371217944576?s=21

Some truth in this, although there's no way that growth-tech can't/won't bounce back strongly imo. We're really ramping up for IoT and Web 3.0 atm.

Some truth in this, although there's no way that growth-tech can't/won't bounce back strongly imo. We're really ramping up for IoT and Web 3.0 atm.

And yet he ignores the very obvious - Crypto.

DOW futures going south.

I don't think he ignores it - it's a separate entity from the other assets being discussed for numerous distinct reasons.

The 401k and Real Estate markets aren't tied up in Crypto, nor are energy /commodity futures. It's an unregulated and decentralised market which cannot should not have a contagion effect on other markets, other than out of sheer ****ing hubris from Institutional Investors (new Goldman Sachs trading desk anyone?)

Simply put, there weren't any people jumping from buildings in 2018 because of the crypto 'crash' or during the height of ICO scams - unlike the other historical crashes he mentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I generally agree with what he said but just as an aside I can't stand that Puru guy.

One of these guys on Fintwit that is long whenever a stock bounces and is either short or "100% hedged" when a stock tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He's awfully anti-crypto. Has been shouting it's a bubble forever. He claims he's not invested in Crypto hence he's independent, but he knows that Crypto is taking funds that would otherwise be going into his Growth stocks.

And yes, agree with the comment that he's "fully invested" when we've had a good day and "hedged" when there's a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

I think the crypto market is very similar to the fiat market at the minute.

LOTS of speculative buys without any actual product then a few currencies that actually have functions on the blockchain that have some value or merit. The amount of biopharm companies running on pipedreams is unreal. Sure some will make it but most will eventually bottom out and probably stay there.

Both markets are open to manipulation via social media, Elon Musk has shown this and I don't doubt for a second the hedge funds have hired people to pump and manipulate on the likes of twitter and reddit. It's definitely going to get messy.

I generally agree with what he said but just as an aside I can't stand that Puru guy.

One of these guys on Fintwit that is long whenever a stock bounces and is either short or "100% hedged" when a stock tanks.

Hadn't even realised it was from one of those bastions of financial mediocrity and after-timing. That stuff couldn't annoy me more. Still, a stopped clock and all that.

• Advertisement

Think someone might have a rough day at work today
    https://www.marketbeat.com/instant-alerts/nyse-pltr-a-buy-or-sell-right-now-2021-05-2-3/

$170 PT instead of $17

Advertisement