Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Growth stocks are back baby!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

DKNG up 9%, I'll take that thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The trouble with stocks that are down 60% from their peak, is that they need to go up 150% to recoup that.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The trouble with stocks that are down 60% from their peak, is that they need to go up 150% to recoup that.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

crushproof wrote: »
    I see GEVO has limped back in life today.

I was watching it in the 4s and expecting to average down when I had some free cash. I haven’t read the earnings but assume there was some good prospects in there to give it the gain on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Well folks I am back.

Awful week relatively speaking. My overall profit has been halved. Guess I am in a nice position to have profit at all though.

I'm 30% BABA and 30% BRK.B. Looking back I wish I put everything in BRK.B, they're just so good and it's been killing it recently. I am up 30% with them.

BABA is killing me, down 15% overall.

LMND has taken a big hit too. I was up 150% at one stage and now it's just 7% up, which was negative Thursday.

I really want to put more into BABA but don't want to be too concentrated on one stock either.

Down 15% on CRISPR, down 30% on IPOF (never going near reddit meme stocks again)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Talk of a big merger between AT&T and Discovery. Will be following this story with interest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57139433

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

cc87 wrote: »
    Viacom, $VIAC, is looking an interesting prospect at the moment.

Down to $38 from a recent high of $100. Current PE 8.5. It's annual revenue is the same as its market cap, $25b
    Streaming revenue about $240m higher than Roku
    Owns most of the tv shows with the highest viewership.
    Owns rights and/or distribution rights to a lot of big move franchises including Marvel
    Paramount+ is available on Amazon Prime, Apple TV, PS, Xbox, Iphone, Android. Added 6mil new subscribers Q1. Is cheaper than other streaming sites, has rights to NFL and UEFA games.

In at BEP of 41. Agreed all the points made above.

Stock seems to be out of favour with the market though.

Really should be much higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

4d possibly showing some life with an upcoming update on their IBS treatment, Blautix, P2 trials announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Slower recovery in China than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Can you short an ETF? It's not something I would ever do, but one thing I noticed is that the volitility ETFs (e.g. Lyxor S&P 500 VIX) never maintain a higher level, they always spike up and then very gradually lower again. I recon one could exploit this on a particularly turbulent market situation.

Buy it when it's low and sell when high?

I know that's not shorting, but if you are seeing this trend then surely that's a valid strategy.....unless you want to get both ends of the candle ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Continuing my dollar averaging into the market, TSM looking quite attractive at the minute, PE ratio of 30 so its not in the full blown growth stock class, back to a reasonable support level of 109$. Chip shortage not going away anyday soon. MCAD still quite negative, so I certainly won't be going into it with any large position, however it's a good stock that I've had on my radar for a long time now and am happy enough to start building a position in at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

daheff wrote: »
    Buy it when it's low and sell when high?

I know that's not shorting, but if you are seeing this trend then surely that's a valid strategy.....unless you want to get both ends of the candle ??

There is an Inverse VIX ETF (SVXY) so in theory you could get both ends of the candle with great timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

growleaves wrote: »
    There is an Inverse VIX ETF (SVXY) so in theory you could get both ends of the candle with great timing.

you cant those ETFs over here only through American brokers

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Michael Burry's got a half billion in Tesla puts
    https://twitter.com/BillSPACman/status/1394361534525198346

is it time yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Michael Burry's got a half billion in Tesla puts
    https://twitter.com/BillSPACman/status/1394361534525198346

is it time yet?

Half a billion worth of shares in put options. Actual amount he wagered is going to be in the area of two orders of magnitude less than that.

Would love to know his strike price and expiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

transylman wrote: »
    Half a billion worth of shares in put options. Actual amount he wagered is going to be in the area of two orders of magnitude less than that.

Would love to know his strike price and expiration.

Did he not do that like 3 or 4 months ago ?
    When the price was a lot higher too ..

richie123 wrote: »

Ya it was a while ago. I think he said at the time it was nothing to do with the company in particular but that the SP had increased far too much and a drop was inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Anyone watching Amc? Price has shot up.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

ceekay74 wrote: »

Up 7% yesterday, another 11% pre-market, are the reddit lads off again or is there some substance to this

Some Gamestop action too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭littlevillage

richie123 wrote: »

He is eventually going to have to cover those Puts at some point, soo could that be a catalyst for the Tesla SP?

Was kinda having a look myself at $550 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Up 7% yesterday, another 11% pre-market, are the reddit lads off again or is there some substance to this

There's talk of another short squeeze attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

anyone know of a broker here that facilitates the trading of F shares? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Reloaded at 9$. Hit $17 in trading during memeweek with restrictions; with the recent dilution and everything else complete this has legs. Also went out and loaded up on SNDL @ 0.73 so hopefully I'm calling this right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Heimdallr wrote: »
    anyone know of a broker here that facilitates the trading of F shares? Thanks

F as in Ford Motor company on the NYSE. I'd imagine just about EVERY broker.

Check for varying commissions etc. I personally use Degiro to trade Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

F as in Ford Motor company on the NYSE. I'd imagine just about EVERY broker.

Check for varying commissions etc. I personally use Degiro to trade Ford.

sorry i wasn't clear :(

I meant F shares as in foreign securities for the US. They are the 5 letter tickers with F at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Paysafe is recovering nicely.

Advertisement