Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Wondering could someone help me out with this.

I’m looking to take a punt on 88 Energy (88E). Could anyone recommend a broker to buy it through? (Given up trying to get things listed on de giro)

And what’s the difference between the listing on the asx vs lse?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

JDWW wrote: »

I’m looking to take a punt on 88 Energy (88E). Could anyone recommend a broker to buy it through? (Given up trying to get things listed on de giro)

Thanks

It's on trading212

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

JDWW wrote: »

Thanks

This was actually one of the F shares I had in mind. No broker available in Ireland that I have come across facilitate EEENF.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Heimdallr wrote: »
    This was actually one of the F shares I had in mind. No broker available in Ireland that I have come across facilitate EEENF.

Firsttrade have it. I haven't used them yet. Just opened an account with them to see what they're like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Firsttrade have it. I haven't used them yet. Just opened an account with them to see what they're like.

Unfortunately, like TradeZero this is teasing me by having the symbol there yet blocked for trading - "orders for foreign issue securities are not accepted" :o

Heimdallr wrote: »
    Unfortunately, like TradeZero this is teasing me by having the symbol there yet blocked for trading - "orders for foreign issue securities are not accepted" :o

Ah sorry so. I didn't see that and was wondering where you saw it. It only pops up when you try to do a trade. Well that's useful :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Crypto taking a hammering. Going to sell Coinbase at a decent loss. My BEP is 285 but don't feel like riding this one down and back up.

Edit: Typical rebounds a bit after I sell at 212 haha. Right on time. But let's see where this goes. I still feel the pain of the last drop in 2018. But lost more this time just on coinbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Between crypto and stocks it's blood on the streets for me today!

I've heard a **** load of people have gotten liquidated on binance with their future positions. Biggest of oooofs

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Nasty day. I always look back on stocks and see dips and go I should have bought then. But as you are live in the middle of a dip it doesn't always feel like you are near the floor. Throwing little bit more cash into TSMC, Telefonica and Facebook today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

It really is 1 step forward and 2 steps back these days on the markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

with inflation woes boomer stocks should do well-. also pondering at certain miners BHP and/or RIO.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Between crypto and stocks it's blood on the streets for me today!

I've heard a **** load of people have gotten liquidated on binance with their future positions. Biggest of oooofs

Dutch - am I understanding this right - people have taken future positions i.e. loans on crypto on binance? if thats what you are saying - taking out loans to fund crypto purchases is insane... :eek:

Cpfm wrote: »
    Dutch - am I understanding this right - people have taken future positions i.e. loans on crypto on binance? if thats what you are saying - taking out loans to fund crypto purchases is insane... :eek:

diamond hands :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

most of my holdings are flatish the last few days or down slightly but being killed on AT&T

neris wrote: »
    most of my holdings are flatish the last few days or down slightly but being killed on AT&T

I had AT&T ..was collecting a nice DIV but sold on the latest news, looking now where it can work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Nasty day. I always look back on stocks and see dips and go I should have bought then. But as you are live in the middle of a dip it doesn't always feel like you are near the floor. Throwing little bit more cash into TSMC, Telefonica and Facebook today.

If I had a euro for the amount of times I've kicked myself for what I should have done, it would have been a more profitable investment strategy than the one I used.

It's a lot harder when you're making decisions without hindsight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

MikeSoys wrote: »
    I had AT&T ..was collecting a nice DIV but sold on the latest news, looking now where it can work for me.

Sold at 32 if I had cach I would go back now at 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

timetogo1 wrote: »

Are you based in Ireland, didn't think you could open an account from Ireland.

If you want to trade 'F' shares with Firstrade you have to ring them.

Squarespace kick off today, any interest?

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Are you based in Ireland, didn't think you could open an account from Ireland.

If you want to trade 'F' shares with Firstrade you have to ring them.

The supported regions are listed here

https://signup.firstrade.com/create2/www/index.html#/intro?lc=en-us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

We're in a rolling bear market imo, not the time to be buying dips I would have thought.

This inflation could go on all summer, and could lead on to quantitative tightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

growleaves wrote: »
    We're in a rolling bear market imo, not the time to be buying dips I would have thought.

This inflation could go on all summer, and could lead on to quantitative tightening.

You could be right. But I just subscribe now to time in the market rather than timing it. I throw an amount in each month that I can afford into shares I think offer good value. Over time I think it'll work out positively. I also believe there is as many tailwinds as headwinds out there when it comes to arguing which way market will go. Only time will tell.

Das Reich wrote: »
    Sold at 32 if I had cach I would go back now at 29.
    unsure about them atm they are reducing the div, might look back at them later but looking at WMB [Williams Companies] good div and plan to hold just to get div (ex-div date : 09/06)

Was someone on here tipping AHI (ASX) last year. Advanced Human Imaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Anyone see this chart comparison for Tesla. It's eery how accurate it is so far.

224swp2kx5071.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Anyone see this chart comparison for Tesla. It's eery how accurate it is so far.

224swp2kx5071.jpg

I wouldn't shed a tear for Tesla if this happened, due to all of Elon's fúckery this last while...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheBetsy

Hi lads does anyone know a good broker in ireland for buying US options? I don't think its possible on degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

TheBetsy wrote: »
    Hi lads does anyone know a good broker in ireland for buying US options? I don't think its possible on degiro?

I have not done it but this is on the Degiro site.

Can I trade in American options with DEGIRO?

American options are now available. Please refer to the ‘Products and Markets‘ page on our website for all option markets currently available. To trade in options you will require an ‘Active‘ or ‘Trader‘ account which you can upgrade to as soon as you have completed registration and logged in.

For a lot of their instruments you have to do a short test to unlock them or an upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

We all said that last year here about Tesla also tho lol.

Advertisement