Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Anyone see this chart comparison for Tesla. It's eery how accurate it is so far.

224swp2kx5071.jpg

Yeah honestly this was all said in mid-April/early May last year on here. Ok a stopped clock will be right twice a day but you'd have missed the fastest run up in history if you stayed on the sidelines forever.

That said, I steer clear of Tesla based on valuation I just think these end is nigh permabears rarely get anywhere because even when they see the huge correction they invariably think it's only the beginning and thus prolong their time on the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Cpfm wrote: »
    Dutch - am I understanding this right - people have taken future positions i.e. loans on crypto on binance? if thats what you are saying - taking out loans to fund crypto purchases is insane... :eek:

Yeah 100% now there is alot of money to be made using this technique with trading bots but on a week like this week it puts it into perspective. I use a bot myself and my open positions all tanked about 65% another 35% and I would have been liquidated based on my leverage. Thankfully the losses aren't bigger then my profits but yeah when people put in crazy money then loan from binace it's insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Yeah 100% now there is alot of money to be made using this technique with trading bots but on a week like this week it puts it into perspective. I use a bot myself and my open positions all tanked about 65% another 35% and I would have been liquidated based on my leverage. Thankfully the losses aren't bigger then my profits but yeah when people put in crazy money then loan from binace it's insane

3/4 of a million had positions liquidated, nearly $8bn
    https://u.today/more-than-755000-crypto-traders-liquidated-in-one-day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I have not done it but this is on the Degiro site.

Can I trade in American options with DEGIRO?

American options are now available. Please refer to the ‘Products and Markets‘ page on our website for all option markets currently available. To trade in options you will require an ‘Active‘ or ‘Trader‘ account which you can upgrade to as soon as you have completed registration and logged in.

For a lot of their instruments you have to do a short test to unlock them or an upgrade.

I believe that's referring to the type of option, not the actual underlying stock

European options can be exercised only at maturity but American options can exercised any time

I don't think Degiro has options on US stocks, maybe some commodities or indices traded in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Tastyworks for US options trading. Interactive brokers works too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I bought EXK a while back, possibly on the recommendation on this forum, up 60% so far. Currently sitting at 3 year highs so now is probably not the time to get in, but one to look at and possibly buy on a dip. Silver price seems to be very high atm, very bullish on this one long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Firsttrade have it. I haven't used them yet. Just opened an account with them to see what they're like.

Interactivebroker.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Well folks I am back.

Awful week relatively speaking. My overall profit has been halved. Guess I am in a nice position to have profit at all though.

I'm 30% BABA and 30% BRK.B. Looking back I wish I put everything in BRK.B, they're just so good and it's been killing it recently. I am up 30% with them.

BABA is killing me, down 15% overall.

LMND has taken a big hit too. I was up 150% at one stage and now it's just 7% up, which was negative Thursday.

I really want to put more into BABA but don't want to be too concentrated on one stock either.

Down 15% on CRISPR, down 30% on IPOF (never going near reddit meme stocks again)

Baba is creeping back up again, its a hold for me
    Crspr is also moving up and the closer it gets to results at the end of the year the more excitement and momentum is going to gather around this stock. Another hold for me.
    I'm not in Lemonade, don't like the business model.
    Berkshire is fine for long term steady slow growth, but it really depends on your portfolio value and your aims.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Well folks I am back.

Awful week relatively speaking. My overall profit has been halved. Guess I am in a nice position to have profit at all though.

I'm 30% BABA and 30% BRK.B. Looking back I wish I put everything in BRK.B, they're just so good and it's been killing it recently. I am up 30% with them.

BABA is killing me, down 15% overall.

LMND has taken a big hit too. I was up 150% at one stage and now it's just 7% up, which was negative Thursday.

I really want to put more into BABA but don't want to be too concentrated on one stock either.

Down 15% on CRISPR, down 30% on IPOF (never going near reddit meme stocks again)

As Chuckie_Egg said, this all depends what you're after. Slow and steady gives you likes of Berkshire, Walmart etc. LMND and similar are completely opposite, new companies where market is still evaluating value so likely to have big swings over coming months, maybe even years...

Is Degiro down for anyone? Can't get in on mobile or desktop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

weemcd wrote: »
    Is Degiro down for anyone? Can't get in on mobile or desktop.

Think it's down. I was in it. Refreshed when I saw your message and now it's not loading.

EDIT: Back in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Mobile app working fine here

I'm back in and after checking, I'm definitely still poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

weemcd wrote: »
    I'm back in and after checking, I'm definitely still poor!

Less poor than a week ago. Much more poor than 2 months ago. But at least for the morale it's taken a turn for the better, hopefully a long term trend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Going to go in with a small stake on Alfi this afternoon. Think someone here had mentioned it a few pages ago. Only went public recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

$ANVS cognitive improvement results out. Huge positive result. 3.33 points improvement in cognitive function for AD. 2.75x better than Cassava Sciences drug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Kilboor - it was an excellent pick, I made a good bit out of it Thank you....

currently don't hold any....was watching them but didn't have any moolah

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Kilboor wrote: »
    $ANVS cognitive improvement results out. Huge positive result. 3.33 points improvement in cognitive function for AD. 2.75x better than Cassava Sciences drug

Thank you sir, bought in at 10.20 so sitting on a nice profit. Going to take some profit today but just wondering what is your plan, are you going to hold much/all?

treatyman wrote: »
    Thank you sir, bought in at 10.20 so sitting on a nice profit. Going to take some profit today but just wondering what is your plan, are you going to hold much/all?

Offering makes things tricky but she has stated she won't raise until after all data is out so we are good for not being diluted for another couple of months (*I hope).

At current prices this is a 380 million dollar company. Comparison is the only way to value biotechs and Cassava Sciences is the big comparison here. It's AD drug showed a 10% improvement in cognitive function at 1.8 circa points. We're showing 4.4 points vs baseline and 3.3 vs Placebo. Cassava are currently valued at 2 bn and hit a 4.5bn peak after results. Although they might have a better balance sheet, but the product here for the time being is much better so why can't we hit those valuation ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Offering makes things tricky but she has stated she won't raise until after all data is out so we are good for not being diluted for another couple of months (*I hope).

At current prices this is a 380 million dollar company. Comparison is the only way to value biotechs and Cassava Sciences is the big comparison here. It's AD drug showed a 10% improvement in cognitive function at 1.8 circa points. We're showing 4.4 points vs baseline and 3.3 vs Placebo. Cassava are currently valued at 2 bn and hit a 4.5bn peak after results. Although they might have a better balance sheet, but the product here for the time being is much better so why can't we hit those valuation ranges.

I've sold half my holdings at $60.50 so I can't complain. Potential is still huge so.

• Advertisement

treatyman wrote: »
    I've sold half my holdings at $60.50 so I can't complain. Potential is still huge so.

Definitely take some profit, if it dips or they offer then pick up some cheap shares. Haven't sold any myself, but I like to hold based on expected value as opposed to trying to time share price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Michael Burry adds more to the short position on Tesla again. Now over $500 million, not the news Tesla lovers want to hear.
    Burry is imho the best investor out there today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

BABA taking another big hit today. really frustrating with 30% ish of my portfolio and 242 avg price.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Definitely take some profit, if it dips or they offer then pick up some cheap shares. Haven't sold any myself, but I like to hold based on expected value as opposed to trying to time share price.

Thank you Kilboor for the tip! I knew I initially saw it on this thread but couldn’t figure out who. I had an average of around 28 and sold a little over half my stake today at different times for an average of mid 70s. Wasn’t expecting as big a pull back from the high but then again I couldn’t believe it got up that high.

My remaining shares can ride this out til full data now. I might add some more, but the shares I have are more than I expected to hold when I initially took a position so it’s worked out pretty good from a risk reward perspective.

Patiently waiting for this to get to USD200 if data continues to be good ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bought some Ford stock, have been looking at it a while, was really impressed with the unvealing of the all electric F150 Lightning, it will cost around $40k and be released next year. If they can roll out this tech througout their fleet it will be very popular with consumers, particularly at a reasonable price point.

Kilboor man.. ****. you absolute hero. Okay so I'm a bit smashed right. I shut my laptop off today at 2pm off today because life and work isnt going well. I met my mates, few cans etc, I usually always check my deigro at open didn't today, at like 7 my mate who got me into degiro asked how things were going, opened my account and quite literally freaked (it was at 91) sold my 300 shares got in at 6~. you absolute hero!! Dude send me your address I'm sending you a bottle of champagne seriously DM me

If 4d pharma/edesa does this next I'll bring boards on a private yacht. KILBOOR IS 2021 KING YUUUUURRRRT

Kilboor man.. ****. you absolute hero. Okay so I'm a bit smashed right. I shut my laptop off today at 2pm off today because life and work isnt going well. I met my mates, few cans etc, I usually always check my deigro at open didn't today, at like 7 my mate who got me into degiro asked how things were going, opened my account and quite literally freaked (it was at 91) sold my 300 shares got in at 6~. you absolute hero!! Dude send me your address I'm sending you a bottle of champagne seriously DM me

If 4d pharma/edesa does this next I'll bring boards on a private yacht. KILBOOR IS 2021 KING YUUUUURRRRT

For all the people who are having doubts or thinking of selling, I'm usually the gob****e that buys on the high I panic and I think it hits the low, sell and immediately it comes back. I'm the gob****e that buys the dip and christ doesn't it keep on dipping.. It's near 3 years now I've been in this and finally.. FINALLY it's paid off.. trust the process, don't panic, listen to Kilboor!

Never expected to get a drunk love text on Boards :D

Enjoy the dosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Could be a very good week for you, 4d are presenting Blautix data today around 5 I think and further info on Tuesday as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

$SPCE - 15 minutes until takeoff... Wish me and my 200 shares good luck!! Lol.

Advertisement