Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    $SPCE - 15 minutes until takeoff... Wish me and my 200 shares good luck!! Lol.

They did it!!! What a time to be alive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

$SPCE - 15 minutes until takeoff... Wish me and my 200 shares good luck!! Lol.

Glad you should see a rebound. What's your BEP?

cronos wrote: »
    Glad you should see a rebound. What's your BEP?

I think it's circa $26!

I think it's circa $26!

Back to break even. Didn't take too long. :) Congrats.

I remain sceptical on the value of space tourism. But who knows, perhaps they will make a disney style theme park around it.

Was about to buy 4D Pharma this morning. It's starting to move now though. May buy anyway, but was hoping to hit between 10.5 and 11 for LBPS. Won't be happening now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Was about to buy 4D Pharma this morning. It's starting to move now though. May buy anyway, but was hoping to hit between 10.5 and 11 for LBPS. Won't be happening now anyway.

Looks like positive news from an IBS trial has caused some movement. Tbh I've been waiting for some decent price action on 4D for a long time, this is relatively small considering board members bought 4D at 1.10 very recently. Long way to go still. I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

weemcd wrote: »
    Looks like positive news from an IBS trial has caused some movement.

*Sniggers

Looks like positive news from an IBS trial has caused some movement. Tbh I've been waiting for some decent price action on 4D for a long time, this is relatively small considering board members bought 4D at 1.10 very recently. Long way to go still. I hope.

1.10? Do you mean 110? Also I don't think that would have been for LBPS. But perhaps on the LSE.

1.10? Do you mean 110? Also I don't think that would have been for LBPS. But perhaps on the LSE.

Yeah, sorry I have a habit of quoting GBX prices in pounds. 110 for 4D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭littlevillage

ANVS will presumably drop now to on or near $50 to match the new offering price, right?

Good day for long time heartbreakers, 4D & VSTM

• Advertisement

Back to break even. Didn't take too long. :) Congrats.

I remain sceptical on the value of space tourism. But who knows, perhaps they will make a disney style theme park around it.

Thank you! It got quite rocky down in the low teens... lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

ANVS will presumably drop now to on or near $50 to match the new offering price, right?

Good day for long time heartbreakers, 4D & VSTM

After many years in the bottom drawer VSTM is getting interesting again. Am I right on saying that it's moving to a phase 2 trial?

Quick question if anyone can help me. I've never noticed this before today but on my DeGiro balance there's a section that now says Money Market Funds with a negative balance that works out at approximately half my portfolio. When I look at my account overview the balance (at the top on the app) available is approximately half of what it should be.

To my knowledge I've only ever bought shares with money deposited into my account, no leverage or any other type of borrowing. This doesn't really make any sense to me.

EDIT: It's disappeared now, maybe some kind of error on their side?

Quick question if anyone can help me. I've never noticed this before today but on my DeGiro balance there's a section that now says Money Market Funds with a negative balance that works out at approximately half my portfolio. When I look at my account overview the balance (at the top on the app) available is approximately half of what it should be.

To my knowledge I've only ever bought shares with money deposited into my account, no leverage or any other type of borrowing. This doesn't really make any sense to me.

Should you not be on the flatexDEGIRO Bank AG setup by now?
    https://www.degiro.ie/cash-account

You can't even activate margin unless you have an 'Active' or 'Trader' account which you'd need to have done the suitability test for.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Should you not be on the flatexDEGIRO Bank AG setup by now?
    https://www.degiro.ie/cash-account

You can't even activate margin unless you have an 'Active' or 'Trader' account which you'd need to have done the suitability test for.

Hi, it's disappeared now so possibly just an error on the system? Balance looks normal again.

Hi, it's disappeared now so possibly just an error on the system? Balance looks normal again.

Oh i'd some gimmicky thing happen recently now that you mention it, but I figured it was to do with a reverse-stock split and/or market holidays.

TBF to DeGiro, they generally work as a platform. Lots of awkward corners and restrictions, but their core offering is pretty damn solid for a portal/platform.

Anything like what you've seen tends to rectify itself in short-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

OCGN has submitted it's master file for covaxin to the FDA, still awaiting phase 3 data from India for EUA submission though.

If Bharat saying all data will be submitted to WHO for WHO EUA by June, it should mean all data will be submitted to FDA also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

cc87 wrote: »
    OCGN has submitted it's master file for covaxin to the FDA, still awaiting phase 3 data from India for EUA submission though.

If Bharat saying all data will be submitted to WHO for WHO EUA by June, it should mean all data will be submitted to FDA also.

I'm tempted to sell today if it reaches $10

• Advertisement

AMAZON SUED BY D.C. ATTORNEY GENERAL OVER ONLINE RETAIL PRICING

Decided to buy a share as it dropped. Will end up being nothing like Apple v Epic.

Decided to buy a share as it dropped. Will end up being nothing like Apple v Epic.

Sure GOOGL are under investigation for cartel activity in both Germany and Ireland atm and has no impact on the shareprice. It's so hard to tell with these things.

Apple and Epic's most interesting bit was the fact that Tim Cook couldn't remember how much google paid them to be the default search engine, and how much he plugged Popeye's chicken during the bloody thing :D

Sure GOOGL are under investigation for cartel activity in both Germany and Ireland atm and has no impact on the shareprice. It's so hard to tell with these things.

Apple and Epic's most interesting bit was the fact that Tim Cook couldn't remember how much google paid them to be the default search engine, and how much he plugged Popeye's chicken during the bloody thing :D

They have been trading sideways since November. I think they will continue up eventually. FANG's in general have been fairly stable. Won't be a massive gainer like some, but won't massively lose either. Probably 20% up by the end of the year I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Heard all this stuff before, amazon harming competition etc. All B.S really.

From a consumer perspective they've been one of the most revolutionary businesses today and like Tesla have forced the competition to innovate at a pace they otherwise would never have done.

Exceed competition on:
    - Range of products
    - Superior logistics (Prime)
    - Hassle free returns

Some retailers have evolved and done well eg lifestyle sports...Next day delivery.

Some are dinosaurs and just so slow innovating eg M&S

Anyway, whatever they do to amazon unless its super extreme it doesn't really matter. When most people think online retail they immediately think amazon and half of the time you could be on the site without even thinking about it.

What does worry me about the likes of amazon is that acquisitions will become increasingly harder.

Either way the margins amazon, Google etc have are incredible and at their current prices are quite attractive in my opinion. Especially with the likes of alphabet/apple buying back insane amounts of stock.

Anyway, at the end of the day amazon make the majority of profits off Web services and not the retail segment. Amzn currently my largest holding and I'm more likely to add to it than sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Guild Esports (GILD)
    Esports is a growing space with growth and revenue expanding ever since 2012, while Revenue is expected to grow to $1.5b by 2023. Esports will be huge (not sure why, but people love watching people play games or watch TV :pac::pac:).

Guild is a start-up Esports company, which IPO’d in October 2020. Guild is trying to be a franchise (think Football Clubs) in the Esports area where the top 5 clubs are worth between $190m to $410m, these values are larger than some of the largest sports teams in the world :eek:(see https://www.visualcapitalist.com/esports-companies-compare-with-sports-teams/).

Guild is in super growth drive and managed to secure the services of David Beckham, who signed a 5-year ambassador deal worth £15.25m. David is key, as it quickly expands the company reach and brand but it also allowed them to use his name to have a successful IPO to become the first listed company and raising £20m. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/strivesponsorship.com/2020/10/15/guild-esports-the-detail-behind-the-bet-on-beckham/amp/

So how does the company make money?
    1. Marketing - clothing line launched recently.
    2. Sponsorship - company hopes to gain twelve sponsors by end of 2021. Company already confirmed three sponsors (Unnamed fintech company (covid issues caused delay), Subway and Hyperx).
    3. Tournament winnings - winnings depends on players.
      The Company intends to have 20 esports players by the end of 2021 across its chosen game formats. The Company had 4 players at IPO while signed a further 11 since IPO.
      Per Esports Earnings, the company has won $207k from 27 tournaments and is placed 355 on the all-time leader board. Highest Overall Team Earnings - Esports Team Rankings :: Esports Earnings
      Fortnite - team could do better as only won $5k since February
    https://fortnite-esports.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Esports/Tournament_Results
      Valorant - team is doing better with $50k
    https://liquipedia.net/valorant/Guild_Esports/Results
      Rocket league - $64k in 9 tournaments
    https://www.esportsearnings.com/teams/25088-guild-esports/results/4517-rocket-league

I for one, have no idea what total game earnings should be and some teams with less tournaments are placed higher on the Esports table. But what I do like, is that the company had opted to have a player development program. I think this should help them to secure players for the future, while also expanding their brand with the younger generation.

4. Streaming income/documentary - the company hopes to run a documentary showing the steps/road to been a player. Something like the UFC’s Ultimate Fighter.

The IPO document was a nice read and gave plenty of background on the Esports world including player contracts and league set ups. - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0489/4854/3643/files/prospectus.pdf?v=1601485567)

This investment is high risk, but at 8pence a share and David Beckham on board I’m willing to start a small investment to see where it goes. At the moment the company is probably at conference level but aspiring to be in the premier league. Market Cap is around £42m which would be high, but approx. 50% of take remains in cash. GOOOOO GUILD!!!

As a shareholder, I would really appreciate it if everyone could buy a jumper at https://guildesports.com/collections/apparel. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

jams100 wrote: »
    Heard all this stuff before, amazon harming competition etc. All B.S really.

From a consumer perspective they've been one of the most revolutionary businesses today and like Tesla have forced the competition to innovate at a pace they otherwise would never have done.

Exceed competition on:
    - Range of products
    - Superior logistics (Prime)
    - Hassle free returns

Some retailers have evolved and done well eg lifestyle sports...Next day delivery.

Some are dinosaurs and just so slow innovating eg M&S

Anyway, whatever they do to amazon unless its super extreme it doesn't really matter. When most people think online retail they immediately think amazon and half of the time you could be on the site without even thinking about it.

What does worry me about the likes of amazon is that acquisitions will become increasingly harder.

Either way the margins amazon, Google etc have are incredible and at their current prices are quite attractive in my opinion. Especially with the likes of alphabet/apple buying back insane amounts of stock.

Anyway, at the end of the day amazon make the majority of profits off Web services and not the retail segment. Amzn currently my largest holding and I'm more likely to add to it than sell.

In principle, you're correct that they are revolutionary business from customer perspective, but most of the rest isn't really correct. The lawsuit is there for a good reason - Amazon seems (still to be proven in court) to be using anti-competitive means to drive out competition. They seem to have plenty of evidence showing how Amazon was using 3 phase approach to do that:
    1. Using AI to identify which products are getting "hyped"/sold with decent margins
    2. Create the same thing under Amazon brand and under-sell, many times with loss generated
    3. Once competition is gone increase the price

I do nevertheless agree that any type of a loss in this lawsuit won't have any immediate, real impact on the share price, but it would "disrupt" (and rightfully so) business model they used so far and they would need to rethink how to do it "properly" - long term they would probably need to go to Shopify-type of model where seller has all the same data as Amazon gets instead of keeping that for themselves. Also, this might be much more important if anti-trust bit really kicks in which would probably take AWS out of the company, but that's 5+ (or even 10+) down the line.

So either way, from investors point of view, it's probably still buy-buy-buy whenever there is some discount available...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Getting quite bored with pedestrian moves with my stocks so going to trade some AMC stock today for some entertainment. ;)

Funny M&S should be mentioned, the latest results have given the share price a fair bounce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

gudede wrote: »
    Guild Esports (GILD)
    Esports is a growing space with growth and revenue expanding ever since 2012, while Revenue is expected to grow to $1.5b by 2023. Esports will be huge (not sure why, but people love watching people play games or watch TV :pac::pac:).

Guild is a start-up Esports company, which IPO’d in October 2020. Guild is trying to be a franchise (think Football Clubs) in the Esports area where the top 5 clubs are worth between $190m to $410m, these values are larger than some of the largest sports teams in the world :eek:(see https://www.visualcapitalist.com/esports-companies-compare-with-sports-teams/).

Guild is in super growth drive and managed to secure the services of David Beckham, who signed a 5-year ambassador deal worth £15.25m. David is key, as it quickly expands the company reach and brand but it also allowed them to use his name to have a successful IPO to become the first listed company and raising £20m. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/strivesponsorship.com/2020/10/15/guild-esports-the-detail-behind-the-bet-on-beckham/amp/

So how does the company make money?
    1. Marketing - clothing line launched recently.
    2. Sponsorship - company hopes to gain twelve sponsors by end of 2021. Company already confirmed three sponsors (Unnamed fintech company (covid issues caused delay), Subway and Hyperx).
    3. Tournament winnings - winnings depends on players.
      The Company intends to have 20 esports players by the end of 2021 across its chosen game formats. The Company had 4 players at IPO while signed a further 11 since IPO.
      Per Esports Earnings, the company has won $207k from 27 tournaments and is placed 355 on the all-time leader board. Highest Overall Team Earnings - Esports Team Rankings :: Esports Earnings
      Fortnite - team could do better as only won $5k since February
    https://fortnite-esports.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Esports/Tournament_Results
      Valorant - team is doing better with $50k
    https://liquipedia.net/valorant/Guild_Esports/Results
      Rocket league - $64k in 9 tournaments
    https://www.esportsearnings.com/teams/25088-guild-esports/results/4517-rocket-league

I for one, have no idea what total game earnings should be and some teams with less tournaments are placed higher on the Esports table. But what I do like, is that the company had opted to have a player development program. I think this should help them to secure players for the future, while also expanding their brand with the younger generation.

4. Streaming income/documentary - the company hopes to run a documentary showing the steps/road to been a player. Something like the UFC’s Ultimate Fighter.

The IPO document was a nice read and gave plenty of background on the Esports world including player contracts and league set ups. - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0489/4854/3643/files/prospectus.pdf?v=1601485567)

This investment is high risk, but at 8pence a share and David Beckham on board I’m willing to start a small investment to see where it goes. At the moment the company is probably at conference level but aspiring to be in the premier league. Market Cap is around £42m which would be high, but approx. 50% of take remains in cash. GOOOOO GUILD!!!

As a shareholder, I would really appreciate it if everyone could buy a jumper at https://guildesports.com/collections/apparel. Thanks.

This is coming down the tracks as schools are currently building a structure for in the States (even in the curriculum!). Won't be long until they're giving out scholarships like college football.
    Currently 140,000 high school students / 3,400 schools involved...
    Look at the sponsors https://www.highschoolesportsleague.com/

If you don't think they're serious look at the subject curriculum!
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5317bce9e4b06ab557245f78/t/5d10f8d4bedffa00014e1252/1561393400257/Gaming+Concepts.pdf

Interested parties are also trying to start it here in Irish schools.
    So ya where do I sign up :pac:

Advertisement