Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

gudede wrote: »
    Guild Esports (GILD)
    Esports is a growing space with growth and revenue expanding ever since 2012, while Revenue is expected to grow to $1.5b by 2023. Esports will be huge (not sure why, but people love watching people play games or watch TV :pac::pac:).

Guild is a start-up Esports company, which IPO’d in October 2020. Guild is trying to be a franchise (think Football Clubs) in the Esports area where the top 5 clubs are worth between $190m to $410m, these values are larger than some of the largest sports teams in the world :eek:(see https://www.visualcapitalist.com/esports-companies-compare-with-sports-teams/).

Guild is in super growth drive and managed to secure the services of David Beckham, who signed a 5-year ambassador deal worth £15.25m. David is key, as it quickly expands the company reach and brand but it also allowed them to use his name to have a successful IPO to become the first listed company and raising £20m. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/strivesponsorship.com/2020/10/15/guild-esports-the-detail-behind-the-bet-on-beckham/amp/

So how does the company make money?
    1. Marketing - clothing line launched recently.
    2. Sponsorship - company hopes to gain twelve sponsors by end of 2021. Company already confirmed three sponsors (Unnamed fintech company (covid issues caused delay), Subway and Hyperx).
    3. Tournament winnings - winnings depends on players.
      The Company intends to have 20 esports players by the end of 2021 across its chosen game formats. The Company had 4 players at IPO while signed a further 11 since IPO.
      Per Esports Earnings, the company has won $207k from 27 tournaments and is placed 355 on the all-time leader board. Highest Overall Team Earnings - Esports Team Rankings :: Esports Earnings
      Fortnite - team could do better as only won $5k since February
    https://fortnite-esports.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Esports/Tournament_Results
      Valorant - team is doing better with $50k
    https://liquipedia.net/valorant/Guild_Esports/Results
      Rocket league - $64k in 9 tournaments
    https://www.esportsearnings.com/teams/25088-guild-esports/results/4517-rocket-league

I for one, have no idea what total game earnings should be and some teams with less tournaments are placed higher on the Esports table. But what I do like, is that the company had opted to have a player development program. I think this should help them to secure players for the future, while also expanding their brand with the younger generation.

4. Streaming income/documentary - the company hopes to run a documentary showing the steps/road to been a player. Something like the UFC’s Ultimate Fighter.

The IPO document was a nice read and gave plenty of background on the Esports world including player contracts and league set ups. - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0489/4854/3643/files/prospectus.pdf?v=1601485567)

This investment is high risk, but at 8pence a share and David Beckham on board I’m willing to start a small investment to see where it goes. At the moment the company is probably at conference level but aspiring to be in the premier league. Market Cap is around £42m which would be high, but approx. 50% of take remains in cash. GOOOOO GUILD!!!

As a shareholder, I would really appreciate it if everyone could buy a jumper at https://guildesports.com/collections/apparel. Thanks.

I also hold Guild. Think it's still reasonable value at this price and will definitely top up on any dips down sub 7p.

Think the biggest income stream could eventually come from broadcasting. Even the BBC are apparently broadcasting eSports now!

Broadcasting, advertising, sponsorship, merchandise, prize money are the biggest potential revenue streams I see for Guild in that order. They seem to be executing really well as evidenced by their exponential growth in social media following. Think this growth will be eventually end up being monetized and if management play their cards right, the valuation could easily end up at £100+

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Kilough wrote: »

Think the biggest income stream could eventually come from broadcasting. Even the BBC are apparently broadcasting eSports now!

Broadcasting, advertising, sponsorship, merchandise, prize money are the biggest potential revenue streams I see for Guild in that order.

Broadcasting would be an option, but I assume Guild would need to start running the events themselves to generate the income?

I like the way the EC described the company has a marketing and media company.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Maybe this is old news....

SpaceX isn't a public company But if any one wants indirect exposure to SpaceX, Alphabet own 10% of the shares of SpaceX.

Obv Alphabet is a great long term buy either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭littlevillage

ANVS will presumably drop now to on or near $50 to match the new offering price, right?

Good day for long time heartbreakers, 4D & VSTM

ANVS down now to about $48. What price are you guys thinking about jumping back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Anyone down bigly on any SPACs? I'm down 30% on IPOF, wondering where it could go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Anyone down bigly on any SPACs? I'm down 30% on IPOF, wondering where it could go.

I'm only left holding 1 spac HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp, a small position relative to my pf but down 21% to $10. I sold out of all the rest, done very well out of CCIV but took a hammering on all the rest, I'm about even at the end of the day and will hold HighCape Capital as they are to merge with Quantum-Si. This may be big in the future but it'll take a long time. Spacs are like cryptos now with so many of them coming out every day, most not worth looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Hopefully everyone is well in green today! I entered two Companies earlier in week around $3.60. I was watching them for a while. Both have now broke 4 so I feel comfortable sharing them. PAVM and MREO. Both will be long terms holds for me. I have also been watching PDSB and it has taken off today. I’m hoping to start a position on this tomorrow if I can get it around 5. A market cap of 117 million. Will be another long term hold.

I haven’t been on boards in a while. But hopefully some people took me up on above. I entered $PDSB at $4.90 and its broke $9 now. $PAVM is doing well for me and I’m optimistic on $MREO long term also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Getting quite bored with pedestrian moves with my stocks so going to trade some AMC stock today for some entertainment. ;)

I bought a few hundreds worth for $4 and sold them for $16 in March.

Grabbed 20 of them earlier, I do like backing a long shot horse and I’ll consider it as such.

I had looked at GME in December and ruled it out because I thought it’d go the way of Xtravision

Dont do crypto personally but musk tweeted about Doge in December and I toyed with the idea of buying a few hundred but stopped myself and told myself to cop on it’s a meme coin setup as a joke

C’est la vie…wouldn’t have had diamond hands in either case by any means so won’t reminisce on what could have been…I’ll try “diamond hands” this time and see how it runs

gudede wrote: »
    Broadcasting would be an option, but I assume Guild would need to start running the events themselves to generate the income?

I like the way the EC described the company has a marketing and media company.

They could potentially as one revenue source. But I was thinking more along the lines of them profiting from having teams play in leagues which are broadcast on multiple channels world wide..much like teams in Premier league, Heineken cup etc. make most of their money from broadcasting deals.

I have no interest in watching other people play video games personally but going by the massive following some of the players have it's obviously popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pussyhands wrote: »

Down on PSHT and IPOF, still hanging as they can't go much lower so no point in selling now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Averaged down on Lotz today.
    Hit hard with supply issues but should be temporary, down 16% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Down on PSHT and IPOF, still hanging as they can't go much lower so no point in selling now.

I honestly think the floor will be pulled from PSTH when DA is announced and its not Stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

pioneerpro wrote: »
    I honestly think the floor will be pulled from PSTH when DA is announced and its not Stripe.

I thought that Stripe was well dead and buried with regards to PSTH.

Do the 2 brothers really need more money for it to grow further, I think they'll stay going the way they are.

Have to say though, PSTH is still holding strong around the $25 mark despite the general negative SPAC sentiment, so Im tempted to hang in .

Anyone else thinking of jumping ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Amc on fire whats driving it i wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Treppen wrote: »
    I thought that Stripe was well dead and buried with regards to PSTH.

Do the 2 brothers really need more money for it to grow further, I think they'll stay going the way they are.

Have to say though, PSTH is still holding strong around the $25 mark despite the general negative SPAC sentiment, so Im tempted to hang in .

Anyone else thinking of jumping ship?

Ive a sell order for $27 which would leave me with a small profit. If it hits, it hits and im gone

TBH I think the same it’s not going to be Stripe/Starlink/Plaid but at the same time, I do think it will be a good long term hold that will regain and exceed current prices.

Unfortunately I have no basis for this except BAs word :(

Still holding FRX..although it's a SPAC I think it's a little different to a lot of SPACs as it's a merger of 2 revenue generating companies. The final MCAP equates to 3.5 times 2020 revenue..and they're talking about 30%CAGR..so I'm planning on holding for medium term

I don't think there's anybody that still thinks its Stripe.

richie123 wrote: »
    Amc on fire whats driving it i wonder ?

Memes are back baby!
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/26/meme-stocks-gamestop-amc-are-popping-again-as-speculative-trading-ramps-back-up.html
    18/05/21 Reloaded AMC at 9$. Hit $17 in trading during memeweek with restrictions; with the recent dilution and everything else complete this has legs. Also went out and loaded up on SNDL @ 0.73 so hopefully I'm calling this right :D

image.png

You can see how I was a bit caught out on AMC first time around, but I stick to that old adage about not realising losses until you sell and kept the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

That's grand so, tell me who the next Amazon is so I can buy it :)

https://twitter.com/BrianFeroldi/status/1397661300210212865?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

That's grand so, tell me who the next Amazon is so I can buy it :)

https://twitter.com/BrianFeroldi/status/1397661300210212865?s=19

He's talking about MercadoLibre (MELI), that's his biggest holding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

He's talking about MercadoLibre (MELI), that's his biggest holding!

Surely missed the big gains on them? They've gone from $290 at the start of 2019 to a high of $2,000 at the start of this year. Now at $1,385 but I'm wondering how long they'll be able to hold off Amazon who are beginning to expand into Brazil and the rest of Latin America

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Shedite27 wrote: »

I bought back in to IPOF around 10.5 and IPOD around 10.8, down a bout 7 percent on both.

Up around 5 percent on PSTH.

Latest rumour is IPOF as ImPOssible Foods

People don't like the equinox gym chain, that's for sure.

Looks like the 3 day weekend sell-of has started pre-market.

Never thought I'd be coming around to this in 2021 but... anyone holding FORD?

I'm getting very very bullish on them since the Mach E, and the F-150 news seems to be received incredibly well. Thinking of an entry point of $13 and a PT of about $18 in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I was thinking the same, the F150 looks great. Kia have made some very promising strides into the EVs recently also.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Tellurian Inc

Get on it
    10year 12$billion deal signed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

MJ Sector on the up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Never thought I'd be coming around to this in 2021 but... anyone holding FORD?

I'm getting very very bullish on them since the Mach E, and the F-150 news seems to be received incredibly well. Thinking of an entry point of $13 and a PT of about $18 in 2021

Very surprising turnaround from Ford. They were destined to be wiped out by aall these new EV co.s
    Haven't looked at the financials but that F-150 looks really good

• Advertisement

Very surprising turnaround from Ford. They were destined to be wiped out by aall these new EV co.s
    Haven't looked at the financials but that F-150 looks really good

I think everyone overhyped the whole "Tesla/Lucid/Nikola will wipe the floor with these legacy companies". Truth be told, it was a lot easier for a Ford/Kia/Volkswagen to insert a battery into their existing supply chain, brand and customer base than to build it from scratch. Most of the EV SPACs will be gone by 2025 I reckon, or at the very elast be a niche player.

Advertisement