Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Who got GOED last week? I bought at 1,85 friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Das Reich wrote: »

I am almost afraid to ask what happened last week to account for the massive 70% share price drop on Friday.
    They say to buy the dips and if this is not a result of a change in the fundamentals of the company then a huge buying opportunity. What is the consensus??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

BABA up 4% pre market, up 3.6% in Hong Kong.

I'm so so confident in holding BABA. I'm down 13% now but it makes up over 30% of my portfolio, similar to BRK.B

China tech has been in a bear market, it will turn around, I have no doubt about it.

43 shares at average of 243

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Pussyhands wrote: »

I'm so so confident in holding BABA. I'm down 13% now but it makes up over 30% of my portfolio, similar to BRK.B

China tech has been in a bear market, it will turn around, I have no doubt about it.

My only concern with Baba is how much more I should be adding. Have 5% of my portfolio in it currently at a nice BEP of 215.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

cronos wrote: »
    My only concern with Baba is how much more I should be adding. Have 5% of my portfolio in it currently at a nice BEP of 215.

BABA will break ATH's again.

To get back there it will go up 40%.

I know people will say "but CCP!", but Amazon from August 2018 - December 2018 dropped 32%. It's up 134% since those lows.

BABA are massive and they have their fingers in all the pies.

I'm not really a big risk taker but having 30+% in BABA doesn't phase me at all. Seeing it down 15% for me doesn't phase me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 buster parnel

Why is fbd up today can’t find any reason in the media

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Cellular Goods, CBX.L, a biosynthetic CBD company currently @ 6.5p.
    I've posted before about this as I bought in pre-IPO at 5p and sold half on the day for 20p.
    It did hit 30p on the day but shares weren't in my account at that stage.

SP dropped since due to lack of news and product isn't expected until AUG/SEPT.

Rumours they are in the final stages of product development with staff trialing products currently (According to LSE board).
    Potentially supplier agreements in place in the next two weeks also.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WLLW/comments/nmail7/supply_agreements_to_be_executed_by_june_10th/

Given Kanabo is @ 20p from a high of 40p, CBX might be one for people to watch. Once news of product timelines becomes definite I can see this rising.

DYOR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

cc87 wrote: »
    Cellular Goods, CBX.L, a biosynthetic CBD company currently @ 6.5p.
    I've posted before about this as I bought in pre-IPO at 5p and sold half on the day for 20p.
    It did hit 30p on the day but shares weren't in my account at that stage.

SP dropped since due to lack of news and product isn't expected until AUG/SEPT.

Rumours they are in the final stages of product development with staff trialing products currently (According to LSE board).
    Potentially supplier agreements in place in the next two weeks also.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WLLW/comments/nmail7/supply_agreements_to_be_executed_by_june_10th/

Given Kanabo is @ 20p from a high of 40p, CBX might be one for people to watch. Once news of product timelines becomes definite I can see this rising.

DYOR

How did you get in on the pre-ipo ?
    Is that the David Beckham one?
    These cannabis creams are a dime a dozen so I see nothing special.
    Only thing that'd be of any value would be when they open and a photo of David slopping it on appears. Maybe worth a punt for that alone.
    Market is definitely edging up at the moment anyway.

Anyone interested in Clarify Pharma? They're chasing after the mindmed hype but haven't listed yet?

Treppen wrote: »
    Only thing that'd be of any value would be when they open and a photo of David slopping it on appears. Maybe worth a punt for that alone.

Anyone interested in Clarify Pharma? They're chasing after the mindmed hype but haven't listed yet?

I'm in the UK so some IPOs are available through an app called PrimaryBid https://primarybid.com/home/

It's the DB one, it also has Peter Wall from ARB.L involved. DB isn't involved at all, his company is invested that's all.

There might be a few similar companies floating around, doesn't mean the SP won't go up when products are launched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Kind of true, until they ll start allowing more thc content in creams/balms to be sold in Europe, market will be stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Any of the $ANVS bulls from a few weeks ago, have any thoughts on the Share now ? Its currently at $45.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm in the UK so some IPOs are available through an app called PrimaryBid https://primarybid.com/home/

It's the DB one, it also has Peter Wall from ARB.L involved. DB isn't involved at all, his company is invested that's all.

There might be a few similar companies floating around, doesn't mean the SP won't go up when products are launched.
    Do they allow ya sell IPO shares? I thought all IPO shares were subject to a lockup period?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pussyhands wrote: »

I love the idea of Baba, and the industries they're in, but I've said that for a while now, needs to do something to move the share price. It's up 8% since 1/1/18 (3.5 years). Everytime they do something great, they shoot themselves in the foo.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Do they allow ya sell IPO shares? I thought all IPO shares were subject to a lockup period?

PB only sell to retail so there's no lockup period. I sold some CBX on the IPO date.

Some people can get caught out as it can take a few days for shares to arrive in your account depending on the broker. IB take a few days I think, I use Hargreaves Lansdown and had shares by lunchtime on the IPO day. Can't send the shares to Degiro, only UK based brokers.

They don't have much IPO shares on there, usually it's a share offering, often offered at a discount to the closing price that day.

PB only sell to retail so there's no lockup period. I sold some CBX on the IPO date.

Some people can get caught out as it can take a few days for shares to arrive in your account depending on the broker. IB take a few days I think, I use Hargreaves Lansdown and had shares by lunchtime on the IPO day. Can't send the shares to Degiro, only UK based brokers.

They don't have much IPO shares on there, usually it's a share offering, often offered at a discount to the closing price that day.

Their T&C say they "might" be open to non UK residents https://www.hl.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Can you see Clarify Pharma on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Is anyone holding ABT, Abbott laboratories - down 9% today. I know recent earnings and forecast haven't lived up to expectations but still a healthy balance sheet and future prospective.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Das Reich wrote: »

Didn't get it. A company with market cap of $12.0 million offering stocks worth $200 million. Can anyone please explain the technical details? Obviously markets are not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

bish76 wrote: »
    Is anyone holding ABT, Abbott laboratories - down 9% today. I know recent earnings and forecast haven't lived up to expectations but still a healthy balance sheet and future prospective.

I don't have any Abbott but I have noticed certain medical / pharma stocks heading down, Abbvie, Thermo Fisher, Becton Dickson. Even J&J is down today. 9% is a big drop though.

Their T&C say they "might" be open to non UK residents https://www.hl.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Can you see Clarify Pharma on there?

No sign of Clarify.
    From what I've seen, it's usually mentioned in the IPO filing if a company will be available through PB or not.

ATM there is:
    CCRD.L @ 100p
    DGI9.L @ 105p (a 10% discount from the closing price on 21/5)
    PCFC @ 100p (https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/o/g5v6/polar-capital-global-technology-i-gbp)

I've previously purchased CBX, ARB & TRR through PB.
    CBX was IPO and ARB/TRR were discounted.

Only issue I've noticed is that for the discounted stocks, the SP drops on announcement anyway so it's easier to purchase through a broker as you're pretty much guaranteed to get all the shares you want whereas PB can limit the number depending on how many applications it receives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Very happy to see the back of May! Hoping for a steady/positive June leading us towards a good July/August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Any particular reason for the resurgence in meme stocks? GME, AMC, BB all being pumped at the moment.

AMC in particular is on fire, up 38% pre market. I get that reopening of society is great for theaters but, come on.

Any particular reason for the resurgence in meme stocks? GME, AMC, BB all being pumped at the moment.

AMC in particular is on fire, up 38% pre market. I get that reopening of society is great for theaters but, come on.

Everyone knows that it's going to be one giant pile-on pyramid scheme , but the rules have changed since GameStop and there's a bit of hesitancy.

Any of the $ANVS bulls from a few weeks ago, have any thoughts on the Share now ? Its currently at $45.

I bought in at $52. The offering was at $50. For me it's a 1% position which I would consider risky but with exceptional potential. Could drop 80% or go up 500%. It feels like a donation to a good cause at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

sold when it was ripping at 40, didn't think it would go as high as it did. oh well.
    have moved gains from this into Longeveron LGVN, another alzheimer co. and also has a small no shares outstanding, though not as small as ANVS so positive data should lead to a big move if/when it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Anyone long SNOW?

Looking to get into it but finding it hard to get my head around 100x price to sales valuation, even after the falloff in IPO price.

Anyone long SNOW?

Looking to get into it but finding it hard to get my head around 100x price to sales valuation, even after the falloff in IPO price.

Have a .5% position from when it was 220. I liked the idea of being in it at this level for the long term. Was a small enough amount that I'd be ok watching drop and recover if that was what happened. Long term is positive so I'd imagine worst case is I'd break even if it went down eventually.

Wish I had doubled down when I bought some C3AI at 48, but I just averaged down a little. That's been on a great recovery. I also had some luck buying into SOFI on the last down trend.

Anyone any idea why Boohoo seems to be struggling?

I'm resigned to waiting till the end of the Summer .
    If they can get those recently purchased flagship names up and running online and bnm then things should pick up. I imagine they're against the clock though.

Also there's still a bit of house cleaning going on...
    Proxy adviser Glass Lewis said it recommends investors vote against the election of Boohoo Group co-founder and executive director Carol Kane at the company's annual meeting in the wake of a recent supply chain scandal.

The decision, which follows allegations of modern slavery and poor working conditions on the company's factories, comes despite an independent review that led to a planned overhaul of the company's operations.

"Nonetheless, it is unclear what the ultimate impact of these initiatives will be in mitigating the risk of similar issues in the future," Glass Lewis said in a 'controversy alert' ahead of the company's June 18 AGM.

"Further, we remain concerned with the independent review's finding that the board was aware of issues in the Leicester factories in 2019 and failed to take adequate action prior to this issue emerging in the media in mid-2020."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I bought some recently which is probably the reason, apologies about that.

Advertisement