Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Nokia is up 30% for me in the last 3 months. they have pivoted and have a new business model mainly focused on 5G infrastructure and are already looking at 6G infrastructure.

With Huawei being taken out of the picture, it has put Nokia in a strong position in this market. its also a good way to diversify out of the USA stocks. be interesting to see how things play out long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

nathan99 wrote: »
    Nokia is up 30% for me in the last 3 months. they have pivoted and have a new business model mainly focused on 5G infrastructure and are already looking at 6G infrastructure.

With Huawei being taken out of the picture, it has put Nokia in a strong position in this market. its also a good way to diversify out of the USA stocks. be interesting to see how things play out long term.

Nokia is one of my smallest holdings I bought when I was getting used to buying shares. Regretting not buying more now but happy to leave it off doing it's thing.

Even though they have lost out on some big contracts, they seem to be really hoovering every small 5G contract available!

Is anyone here in $MBIO, Mustang Bio.

Currently @3.30, recently given a PT of $11 with others in the 7-11 range.
    Recent ATH of $5. MCAP of $290m

Pharma company with 9 different trials ongoing in the cell/gene therapy area.
    Particular focus on cancer and rare genetic disorders.

CEO buying shares recently also

EDIT: They have a vote on share offering at the upcoming AGM. SP likely to drop before then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I jumped into them at the end of Meme run- BEP 5.30 and have been holding them since, thought of taking a hit but there was a lot of + noise from the CEO and as noted with Hauwei out of US and to EU some extent, they're in business...will hold them for a while to see how the summer will pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone long SNOW?

Looking to get into it but finding it hard to get my head around 100x price to sales valuation, even after the falloff in IPO price.

Yeah I'm long SNOW. Not expecting anything major in 2021 from the share price, but the growth rate is incredible, it'll grow into that PS Ratio pretty quickly, and should be a long term winner over 5-10 years. It's a patience grower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Good idea. I'm in Ericsson for many of the same reasons you mentioned. They're very similar companies really, signing contracts with governments to provide 5G infrastructure, Ericsson financials slightly edging it at the moment (Margin, Growth, Profit), but Ericsson is slightly more expensive to allow for that. Both are good 5G plays, and as you say, diversify from US tech stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭littlevillage

cronos wrote: »
    I bought in at $52. The offering was at $50. For me it's a 1% position which I would consider risky but with exceptional potential. Could drop 80% or go up 500%. It feels like a donation to a good cause at least.

Got in yesterday for a small punt myself @ $45 ...out today @ $55. Happy days. Thanks to those who brought it to my attention on this thread (thumbs up)

I like this trading idiom

"A long term hold, is nothing but a short term hold, that didn't work out" ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Good idea. I'm in Ericsson for many of the same reasons you mentioned. They're very similar companies really, signing contracts with governments to provide 5G infrastructure, Ericsson financials slightly edging it at the moment (Margin, Growth, Profit), but Ericsson is slightly more expensive to allow for that. Both are good 5G plays, and as you say, diversify from US tech stocks.

Haven't really had a look at Ericsson , might keep an eye on them aswell.
    I jumped into them at the end of Meme run- BEP 5.30 and have been holding them since, thought of taking a hit but there was a lot of + noise from the CEO and as noted with Hauwei out of US and to EU some extent, they're in business...will hold them for a while to see how the summer will pan out.

I think Nokia is a $15 dollar stock long term if they continue the path they are on, The CEO has said all the 5G deals will really only start to translate onto the balance sheet in 2022. cant see anything happening in the summer that changes things *touch wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Approaching BEP on LMND. I can't believe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Approaching BEP on LMND. I can't believe it :)
    Just passed my BEP today too. Was looking grim there for a few weeks but all good now.
    I think it will go a lot higher with their expansion into Europe and with them beginning to offer car insurance which is a huge market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Not very often I see one of my stocks up over 33% in one session and climbing.
    Any guesses what it might be?? The correct answer is .............SKLZ!!
    Pity it is the smallest of my investments but not complaining.
    In the green overall for the first time in over a month.

Layne wrote: »
    Just passed my BEP today too. Was looking grim there for a few weeks but all good now.
    I think it will go a lot higher with their expansion into Europe and with them beginning to offer car insurance which is a huge market.

Buying on the dip really helped with this one, was grim when it was as low as 60. If I buy any more shares in it I'll end up on the board!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Slb starting to recover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Layne wrote: »
    Not very often I see one of my stocks up over 33% in one session and climbing.
    Any guesses what it might be?? The correct answer is .............SKLZ!!
    Pity it is the smallest of my investments but not complaining.
    In the green overall for the first time in over a month.

My selling out at 13 is definitely looking questionable haha

$CLOV on a run pre-market, up 13%. Another short squeeze attempt

BEP of $10, might take some profit today if it's to be had. Been in the red for 3 months now and can see it dropping back down again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Time to look at mindmed again?

Psychedelics legalized in California

https://www.courthousenews.com/california-senate-approves-psychedelic-decriminalization-bill/

bish76 wrote: »
    Didn't get it. A company with market cap of $12.0 million offering stocks worth $200 million. Can anyone please explain the technical details? Obviously markets are not impressed.

Nice winner (thumbs up)

Shield Therapeutics PLC
    LON: STX

Might be worth looking at, usual caveats apply, DYOR

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Treppen wrote: »
    Time to look at mindmed again?

Psychedelics legalized in California

https://www.courthousenews.com/california-senate-approves-psychedelic-decriminalization-bill/

I've a decent position at a BEP of 3.30, and am buying up the Mydecine dip at the moment as a complimentary/uplisting play.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Get on it
    10year 12$billion deal signed

And now another one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭caadmium

And now another one

Any insight into the drop yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭caadmium

caadmium wrote: »
    Any insight into the drop yesterday?

Maybe irrelevant. Just saw it's up 29% premarket.

OCGN has the rights to covaxin in Canada as well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Red start to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

crushproof wrote: »
    Red start to the day

FX movements is all that is keeping me green.

cronos wrote: »
    Have a .5% position from when it was 220. I liked the idea of being in it at this level for the long term. Was a small enough amount that I'd be ok watching drop and recover if that was what happened. Long term is positive so I'd imagine worst case is I'd break even if it went down eventually.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm long SNOW. Not expecting anything major in 2021 from the share price, but the growth rate is incredible, it'll grow into that PS Ratio pretty quickly, and should be a long term winner over 5-10 years. It's a patience grower

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Finally managed to unwind my BB position, got caught up in the Reddit hype a few months back.

Now I’ve a pile of cash burning a hole in my pocket, I’ll need to withdraw a lot of it come CGT time, so looking for a medium risk place to park it for 3 months, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Finally managed to unwind my BB position, got caught up in the Reddit hype a few months back.

Now I’ve a pile of cash burning a hole in my pocket, I’ll need to withdraw a lot of it come CGT time, so looking for a medium risk place to park it for 3 months, any ideas?

Consider $HAAC

• Advertisement

Advertisement