Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

cronos wrote: »
    I'm holding. Even averaged down a little when it was low 22's. I think it has Bill's full focus or at least a good bit. Thus I'm happy for it to be 5% of my portfolio. Think someone here had it as their full portfolio, that takes balls I don't have.

Yep that’s me ��. Not selling! and have a shed load invested. I’m looking at this as a zero risk long term growth vehicle that I can forget about. It’s new set up certainly lends itself to this type of thing & I’ll still trade some speculative plays on the side.

I have also recently taken positions in Palantir & Cardano which are both doing well for me and have long term potential.

On PSTH I have an avg of $24.50 not including the 1000 I picked up Fri @ $21.50 so could see break even this week.

Disappointed the way things went from an opportunity cost perspective and going all in wasn’t one of my wiser decisions. The SP drop is however a momentary blip caused by the exit of Stripe / Starlink gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

jimmymack wrote: »
    How would it work when it comes to selling, do you know? I have some PSTH shares but with the 3-in-1 deal I'm not sure how you'd calculate the disposal when it comes to cashing them in. I think it's a good deal too and would definitely hold on to them for a few years but the way they seem to be splitting them between UMG, SPARC and so on has me a bit confused :o definitely something I need to sit down and figure out soon!

My understanding is UMG represents $14.75, PSTH Remainco is $5.75 or roughly 73% of your initial share price is UMG and the remaining 27% is PSTH Remainco.

But how the SPARC "warrant" would fit in I'm not sure. Are you only liable for tax if you exercise the right and buy a share then sell it? As you haven't traded anything specific to that asset prior?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You held it through the red times and are selling now that it's making you money :confused:
    I think markets will move side ways for next few months. We haven't seen the Support for LMND yet. Will happily get back to LMND if price around $100 holds or we enter into bull market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

jimmymack wrote: »
    How would it work when it comes to selling, do you know? I have some PSTH shares but with the 3-in-1 deal I'm not sure how you'd calculate the disposal when it comes to cashing them in. I think it's a good deal too and would definitely hold on to them for a few years but the way they seem to be splitting them between UMG, SPARC and so on has me a bit confused :o definitely something I need to sit down and figure out soon!
    cc87 wrote: »
    My understanding is UMG represents $14.75, PSTH Remainco is $5.75 or roughly 73% of your initial share price is UMG and the remaining 27% is PSTH Remainco.

But how the SPARC "warrant" would fit in I'm not sure. Are you only liable for tax if you exercise the right and buy a share then sell it? As you haven't traded anything specific to that asset prior?
    Yeah that's my understanding too, definitely one of the more complicated ones to work out. I have PSTH warrants also which is another complication.

Sold some CLOV yesterday at 11.95 for a small profit but looks like today will be the day to offload most of my holding. After being in the red for so long taking some profits while they're there.

Will keep some shares to see how this short squeeze plays out though.

Feel like this will be one I could buy back into at a later date and a better price if I want

• Advertisement

Fastly outage currently, a lot of big sites down as a result incl Twitch & Pinterest.
    Might lead to a nice buying opportunity later, though the SP is already a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Yeah, it's a tricky one for sure. Still, thanks for clearing up the UMG and PSTH Remainco part, the % splits makes sense. I'll have to look into the warrant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Fastly outage currently, a lot of big sites down as a result incl Twitch & Pinterest.
    Might lead to a nice buying opportunity later, though the SP is already a good price

I’ve been looking at Fastly recently, do you have a PT for the next 6 months?

Any thoughts on PACB - PACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIF , its one of Cathy Woods conviction plays as part of her ARKG fund for genomics, its 50% off ATH (which was overpriced to be fair) But Cathy is holding firm on it.. I've very tempted, high risk high growth stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sold some CLOV yesterday at 11.95 for a small profit but looks like today will be the day to offload most of my holding. After being in the red for so long taking some profits while they're there.

Will keep some shares to see how this short squeeze plays out though.

Feel like this will be one I could buy back into at a later date and a better price if I want

Got rid of all mine yesterday, hit a sell order of just over $10, maybe should have held on for more seeing where it went after, but glad to be rid of it for a small profit tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Good way of finding out what websites use fastly cdn seems like alot :D

hottipper wrote: »

Well Reddit is also offline. So GME and AMC will be on sale today ;-)

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I’ve been looking at Fastly recently, do you have a PT for the next 6 months?

I don't hold any currently, but depending on how CLOV goes today I might move profits from that into FSLY.

It's at $48 pre-market and prior to today I think it was going to comfortably hit $60.

To get higher, it's next earnings will have to be a lot more impressive that it's last. It really seems to be struggling to break even/profit on a continual basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Coupa Software down premarket. Could be a good entry point for some. I'm already long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Coupa Software down premarket. Could be a good entry point for some. I'm already long.

Anyone hazard a guess as to why this is down? Results were better than expected, were they just not better than expected enough?

retalivity wrote: »
    Got rid of all mine yesterday, hit a sell order of just over $10, maybe should have held on for more seeing where it went after, but glad to be rid of it for a small profit tbh.

CLOV over $16 premarket and Degiro won't let trades be set over $14.30 :(

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Anyone hazard a guess as to why this is down? Results were better than expected, were they just not better than expected enough?

Seems to be the case. That and management weren't bullish enough on their guidance for Wall Street's liking. Not bothered at all, business seems to be flying.

Had a few analyst downgrades as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Seems to be the case. That and management weren't bullish enough on their guidance for Wall Street's liking. Not bothered at all, business seems to be flying.

Yeah, not bothered myself and was just curious. I couldn't see any major red flags or issues when reviewing the figures so the 9% drop was surprising.
    Had a few analyst downgrades as well

Was this before or after the results?

Yeah, not bothered myself and was just curious. I couldn't see any major red flags or issues when reviewing the figures so the 9% drop was surprising.

Was this before or after the results?

After, only came this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I found the same yesterday with UMC, sales up 16% and even better predicted for June... shares down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

hottipper wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a Fastly shareholder, as much as the outage was bad for business, I was defo impressed by how many customers they have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a Fastly shareholder, as much as the outage was bad for business, I was defo impressed by how many customers they have

Was hoping to pick up a few shares today on the dip. Quelle surprise!! SP is actually flying up 3.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Any thoughts on PACB - PACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIF , its one of Cathy Woods conviction plays as part of her ARKG fund for genomics, its 50% off ATH (which was overpriced to be fair) But Cathy is holding firm on it.. I've very tempted, high risk high growth stock.

Very bullish piece on Motley Fool about PACB. Then I seen ARK picking up some again recently .. soo opened a starter position. Fingers crossed.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Very bullish piece on Motley Fool about PACB. Then I seen ARK picking up some again recently .. soo opened a starter position. Fingers crossed.

Next week motley fool will have a negative piece out! They cover all bases

Anyone long Upstart? I started a smallish (about 1k) position last week. Bit concerned that most of their revenue comes from one customer but the simplification and modernisation of loan approval / credit score process seems like such a no brainer trend to get behind.

Next week motley fool will have a negative piece out! They cover all bases

Yeah, would ignore anything they say that isn't the paid for stock tips. Anything that appears for free on their website is just trying to generate clicks and ad revenue.

Back in the green overall today after a dog rough 3 months. Feels good man.

CLOV just hitting +100% for the day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GME holy crap how is it still rising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Thanks for the heads up. Opening new position today.

Advertisement