Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

bish76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Opening new position today.

I'm waiting on money to arrive in Degiro, seems to be taking longer than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

ShaneU wrote: »
    GME holy crap how is it still rising

Last time it hit that price it dived around $100 so will be interesting to see how today plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ShaneU wrote: »
    GME holy crap how is it still rising

Results are out tomorrow after close, perhaps a touch of reality will hit home.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

cc87 wrote: »
    CLOV just hitting +100% for the day :eek:

Atlas; Zach Morris shenanigans. Be careful with it and FUBO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Atlas; Zach Morris shenanigans. Be careful with it and FUBO.

Been in the red with CLOV for a few months with a BEP of 10.56
    Sold in a few stages throughout yesterday and today between 12 and 22.5

Only keeping 15 shares now to see what happens over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Been in the red on CLOV since it's IPOC days. BEP of near $15. Had no monies to average down. Got out today at $24. To celebrate, I'm getting Eddie Rockets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Pulled the trigger just before close on 4D Pharma at 88.60.
    The lowest it has been in a while so here's hoping.

Been in the red with CLOV for a few months with a BEP of 10.56
    Sold in a few stages throughout yesterday and today between 12 and 22.5

Only keeping 15 shares now to see what happens over the next few days.

I'll expand that. Be wildly careful of the following over the next 48hrs

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Layne wrote: »

Every time I look they seem to have good trial results too. The price action seems odd considering directors in the company bought shares at ~1.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Been in the red on CLOV since it's IPOC days. BEP of near $15. Had no monies to average down. Got out today at $24. To celebrate, I'm getting Eddie Rockets :D

I'm long on CLOV. BEP is 7.9. Anyone else staying long or is the consensus to take the profit?

• Advertisement

Cpfm wrote: »
    I'm long on CLOV. BEP is 7.9. Anyone else staying long or is the consensus to take the profit?

I think it will drop again which is why I sold. If it wasn’t for the squeeze I was happy to keep it long.

Plus after the last 3 months I was happy to take profit while it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Cpfm wrote: »

Take the profit. Buy back in if it dips. Otherwise, move on to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Layne wrote: »

What is it about them that you like in particular?

I see their income is below 1million but they have a few products in the pipeline and trials.

The covid treatment may be less valuable with vaccine availability increasing.

The IBS drug shows moderate results vs placebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Results are out tomorrow after close, perhaps a touch of reality will hit home.

You cant apply rational logic to a stock thats trading irrationally (in this case gamestop), it won't work.

Who knows how high gamestop will go, but ultimately all stocks eventually come back to fundamentals, the question is who is going to still be dancing when the music ultimately stops playing?

I'll expand that. Be wildly careful of the following over the next 48hrs

image.png

Nuts stuff happening today. We'll see what holds till end of week pricewise.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Nuts stuff happening today. We'll see what holds till end of week pricewise.

image.png

Nice day for you at least (not bad for me either or most here I suspect). I don't have anything on that list but perhaps I should be on Atlas.

SOFI seemed to run at the end of the day also. I'm back to 17% up, HZON SPAC with SportsRadar fell through sadly and STEM seemed to drop a bit after a massive run up the last few weeks. Will be happy to see more days like today though, although the meme stock stuff seems like it can't last. Although a lot of money is probably exiting Bitcoin.

cronos wrote: »
    Nice day for you at least (not bad for me either or most here I suspect). I don't have anything on that list but perhaps I should be on Atlas.

Lol, that's just a favourite list I keep for tracking purposes; I wish that was my port. Atlas and WSB are always worth keeping an eye on day to day to see if anythings about to go mad and impact any of your sympathetic holdings.

Tbh the volatility of that stuff when I've no play money doesn't appeal to me - I'm only recently back over +15% YTD so my risk aversion is high and I've no dry powder at the moment having bought a lot of dips the past month. I'll play memes but not pump and dumps, particularly in relation to SPACs with low floats.

What is it about them that you like in particular?

I see their income is below 1million but they have a few products in the pipeline and trials.

The covid treatment may be less valuable with vaccine availability increasing.

The IBS drug shows moderate results vs placebo.

Price, Sector, Unique proposition, Vertically Integrated, Funded.

And they've halved in value since ATH/IPO - they're definitely oversold even vs what the board paid (110 GBX or so IIRC). In at 92GBX myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

markets are really messed up, last year money could be made but this year is a nothing is safe positive or beating est's just doesnt cut it WTF still believe US is the best to invest but flat is an understatement.
    Have adjusted to sectors away from static tech but this year still down 10% was up 60% 2020

Price, Sector, Unique proposition, Vertically Integrated, Funded.

And they've halved in value since ATH/IPO - they're definitely oversold even vs what the board paid (110 GBX or so IIRC). In at 92GBX myself.

Is anyone buying on the US exchange. Fees are cheaper.

• Advertisement

Is anyone buying on the US exchange. Fees are cheaper.

Fees can be offset against capital gains so no difference, plus I prefer the trading hours and longer listing. You'll be able to catch pre-market action via LSE if it pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ctomas

Strange question for you all. I want to invest in Naspers (a South African company) and on Degiro it seems to have a listed version of Naspers on the Frankfurt exchange (ISIN: ZAE000015889). it appears to track the Naspers SA listing but I'm not sure how it works. Is the Frankfurt listing just a method for investing in Naspers and you are getting 1 share for 1 share or it is something more complicated?

Added $CRSR, Corsair Gaming, today.

Seems undervalued at it's current price, a lot of room to grow.
    I think they are underplaying expected earnings for the year (possibly due to supply issues though). Gaming and streaming have grown massively over COVID, between Corsair products and Elgato products they dominate in both markets.

Free cash flow is increasing, debt is decreasing, low PE when compared to similar companies (Turtle Beach & Logitech).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Might Amazon be launching a move?

Yesterday was modestly impressive in an otherwise quiet day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

What's everyone holding for the marijuhahana sector. I think there's still gas left in the tank for this run. But Tilray are the most solid bet.

Tilray
    Organigram
    Verano
    High Tide
    InMed
    GRAMF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Added $CRSR, Corsair Gaming, today.

Seems undervalued at it's current price, a lot of room to grow.
    I think they are underplaying expected earnings for the year (possibly due to supply issues though). Gaming and streaming have grown massively over COVID, between Corsair products and Elgato products they dominate in both markets.

Free cash flow is increasing, debt is decreasing, low PE when compared to similar companies (Turtle Beach & Logitech).

Didn't drop much when everything else went down during April/May, hasn't rebounded much either. Seems locked in the 30 to 33 range. I'm going to add more if it drop's below 31.

UiPath might be approaching a decent entry point. Anywhere around 60 and I'm in, even low/mid 60's.

Treppen wrote: »
    What's everyone holding for the marijuhahana sector. I think there's still gas left in the tank for this run. But Tilray are the most solid bet.

Tilray
    Organigram
    Verano
    High Tide
    InMed
    GRAMF

Tilray for blue-chip, High Tide for the rest. Tilray will hit $100 on legalisation news fairly handily, High Tide to $20-25 at least. I see no point in selling until at least that level of pop - followed High Tide up to 120% and right back down pre-uplisting this year, so patience not a problem. Both have multiple other happy catalysts going forward. Into Tilray at $15.5 and High Tide on the FRA listing at €6.5.

GRAMF I'd pick up if DeGiro did OTCMKTS, and there's apparently some worthy financial aspects to the GNRS deal which has been sat on since the DA wasn't Leafly. The rest can feck off - I actually waited to get into Mydecine until they'd almost completed their spin-out of U.S. Cannabis Assets.

• Advertisement

Didn't drop much when everything else went down during April/May, hasn't rebounded much either. Seems locked in the 30 to 33 range. I'm going to add more if it drop's below 31.

My understanding is Eagletree, which owns a majority stake in them from pre-IPO/2017, is in the process of selling about 8% of their stake in stages. It appears they do it when the SP is around the $34 mark which then drops the price.

I think anywhere in the low 30s is good value for them.

Advertisement