Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

cc87 wrote: »
    I’ve sold the majority of my shares but left a small amount to see what happens. There’s still potential but it’s a far riskier play now.

Brazil have already a deal signed with Bharat to supply Covaxin so they might have a stronger hand in South America already than OCGN can, plus a number of deals in central america.

A lot might depends on how much Bharat are willing to purchase/utilise OCGN produced vials for their own deals now.

I sold all my shares for the second time (existed the day of the earnings call to ensure I at least took some profit - then it recovered shortly thereafter…). Watched the stock since then and re-entered at my previous sale price but for only 1/3 of my previous holding as if cash tied up elsewhere). I sold for a loss on Friday. I could have mitigated the damage at 7 but I watched it and thought this isn’t looking great.

Thankfully I am so deep in ANVS that it didn’t hurt as much as it should have. My emotions have cost me so much money with poorly timed trades. I think OCGN has potential to get back up to its previous high but it’s too long a road for me and seeing Pfizer with younger age group permission etc. hurts their market. Having said that as a bit of a meme stock it may also do some silly things.

I also decided to exit my SPACs at a loss. I felt the targets for that freed up cash will at least recover the loss twice over in a shorter timeframe and I didn’t have any more capital to contribute.

Learning a lot of tough lessons but am green overall for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

plasmin wrote: »

I am using unusualwhales for screening ideas

Are you using the free or paid version? If paid, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Are you using the free or paid version? If paid, is it worth it?

I am using paid version, currently using monthly subscription so it is not too bad.
    There is more details available in paid version so I feel it is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Positive results out of the $CRSP sickle cell disease long term trial.

Complex info on a small group but I think all genomics stock will rise this week.

I reiterate anything below $130 is a buy for $CRSP, $BEAM also looking good.

$CRSP will acquire $VRTX. I hold both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Mode have a deal with the Hut group. First news regarding its upcoming app
    https://twitter.com/jrowland58/status/1404008321342914565?s=21

Not sure of the wording where it says deal to offer services. Not that they will use it.

• Advertisement

Mode have a deal with the Hut group. First news regarding its upcoming app
    https://twitter.com/jrowland58/status/1404008321342914565?s=21

Not sure of the wording where it says deal to offer services. Not that they will use it.

No definite timeline for when this will be up and running, only that THG and Mode will work on it over the coming months.

App to go into public Beta by the end of the month on Android only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Corsair is running a little today https://stocktwits.com/symbol/CRSR

Was planning to add more. Apparently getting some WSB attention, although that's more a reason for me not to add than add personally. But still probably a decent bet at this value.

cronos wrote: »
    Corsair is running a little today https://stocktwits.com/symbol/CRSR

Was planning to add more. Apparently getting some WSB attention, although that's more a reason for me not to add than add personally. But still probably a decent bet at this value.

With Eagle Tree selling 8% of their shares in Corsair they could drop the price at any stage of the run as well. Dangerous one for WSB to try and play with I think but might give an opportunity to buy more if it does drop.

With Eagle Tree selling 8% of their shares in Corsair they could drop the price at any stage of the run as well. Dangerous one for WSB to try and play with I think but might give an opportunity to buy more if it does drop.

20% up now. Definitely running. Don't think I would buy for a long term hold now personally. Probably will go up though today.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Covieland

Shopify bought a 5% share in "Global-E Online Ltd" on it's IPO last month, think they see them as a competitor and possibly looking to buy them out, ticker symbol GLBE

• Advertisement

CRSR up close to 30% now. If it hit's $50 a share I'd have to consider selling. That's where it's retreated in the past. But who knows...

CRSR up close to 30% now. If it hit's $50 a share I'd have to consider selling. That's where it's retreated in the past. But who knows...

Ya, if it goes over 50 I'll probably sell some at least.
    It will either come back down again to a buy price or continue to increase for more profit

LOTZ to be added to the Russell 3000 & 2000 indexes after the 28th.
    This has really oversold recently. Floating around $6 currently.

Good growth company I think. Opening new venues on a monthly basis and releasing a new app/website soon.

Ya, if it goes over 50 I'll probably sell some at least.
    It will either come back down again to a buy price or continue to increase for more profit

Back down she goes. Holding long anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Back down she goes. Holding long anyway.

bought in @ 37.40. Fingers crossed for a quick buck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Covieland wrote: »
    Shopify bought a 5% share in "Global-E Online Ltd" on it's IPO last month, think they see them as a competitor and possibly looking to buy them out, ticker symbol GLBE

I was looking at them last week; but it kept going up and up so I passed for now. If there is a pullback to the 30’s I will consider then about starting a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Been holding Corsair for a few months now. Not sure if I should be happy or mad at the WSB situation. It's creating a dilemma of sticking to the plan with that stock Vs cash in on an artificial pump, hoping it drops again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭N958GB

**** this ****, I was meant to be enjoying the good life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭N958GB

Keep missing out on the ****ing profitable stock, what the **** am i doing wrong. I am thinking about a strongly worded email to those pricks at Occugen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

N958GB wrote: »
    Keep missing out on the ****ing profitable stock, what the **** am i doing wrong. I am thinking about a strongly worded email to those pricks at Occugen.

I really don't know if you're being serious, or just trolling us to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I really don't know if you're being serious, or just trolling us to be honest

I think it’s fairly obvious.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Been holding Corsair for a few months now. Not sure if I should be happy or mad at the WSB situation. It's creating a dilemma of sticking to the plan with that stock Vs cash in on an artificial pump, hoping it drops again.

Didn't really take it too far from a reasonable valuation. If it had hit 50 that's it's best case value a year from now, so if it hit that I'd have considered getting out unless I was hoping for a GME style situation. Would be interesting to hear GME looking to buy Corsair. That would get things going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Growth ticking along nicely. What happened to the "rotation" into value? :P

Some good news with $DOT to be added to Coinbase from Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Covieland

I was looking at them last week; but it kept going up and up so I passed for now. If there is a pullback to the 30’s I will consider then about starting a position.

I hope it goes below 40 a share but can't see it, think this is a at least a 5 bagger in the making, not financial advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Didn't really take it too far from a reasonable valuation. If it had hit 50 that's it's best case value a year from now, so if it hit that I'd have considered getting out unless I was hoping for a GME style situation. Would be interesting to hear GME looking to buy Corsair. That would get things going.

Yeah nothing happened in the end. Will see if it kicks off again today. Might set a sell order up around 50.

Anyone else in GSAH?

Anyone else in GSAH?

Not in but interested in them after the merger rumours.

Tempted to buy some today, have been looking at nuclear power related stocks but thought lot of them were overpriced. This might be a nice way to gain exposure with a company with less risk since it's in multiple markets

Not in but interested in them after the merger rumours.

Tempted to buy some today, have been looking at nuclear power related stocks but thought lot of them were overpriced. This might be a nice way to gain exposure with a company with less risk since it's in multiple markets

Given it's at NAV you would think it's a fair entry right. I'm holding but mostly out of stubbornness with my SPAC's at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Covieland wrote: »
    I hope it goes below 40 a share but can't see it, think this is a at least a 5 bagger in the making, not financial advice

I think I will have to admit I have missed this one! It’s up massively again in pre-market and I’m not chasing it. You can’t win them all.

Advertisement