Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

https://hindenburgresearch.com/draftkings/

Just about to read this beauty. You may soon get a much cheaper Draft Kings.

[edit] after reading it.. meh don't think it will drop as much unless loads short with hindenburg. It might be a nice buy then.

E32jBdnXoAwdp8J?format=jpg&name=small

E34OhpGXMAIt4GZ?format=jpg&name=small

Good bit of chatter about Wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

[edit] after reading it.. meh don't think it will drop as much unless loads short with hindenburg. It might be a nice buy then.

Kinda feels like Hindenburg are relying on SPAC fear to drive down prices than their research at the moment. For every Lordstown with legitimate points, there's a Draftkings or Clover with very very tenuous links to potential issues.

Just listening to a youtube livestream and he ripped the whole thing apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Draftkings about 1/6 of my portfolio :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Mf310 wrote: »
    TRCH merger one to watch over the next few days. Couple of big dates over the next 2 weeks that should drive it to double/triple the price . Big confidence in this stock by many and anyone with shares will get a dividend from sale of assets during summer which could be anything from 1$ to 20$ it seems like a no risk win..2$ atm is cheap

Serious tip. Up 14% yesterday and 43% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

VertBlue wrote: »

It's not actually down that much thus far at least. Flutter is down 3.29% for example right now. My STEM shares are getting hit for 11% and CCIV getting dropped. Bad day at the office for me.

Edit: Recovering well now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Rebounding off the lows at least, I saw it down near 8%. Still hodling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Growth ticking along nicely. What happened to the "rotation" into value? :P

Had to open my big mouth. Shutting up from now on.

Although ABNB up a bit. This is a no brainer buy and hold for 5+ yrs for me. Been adding to it slowly the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Adding more BABA today to bring down my BEP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭N958GB

I think it’s fairly obvious.

Why you do me dirty like that, seeing all the likes for your comment cuts me deep after a long arduous day. 30% in the red with Ocugen going to have to sell i think.

Are the US taxes automatically deducted from the sale, which is 15% then 33 % irish taxes which will be 17% when making a profit? If you make a loss from a sale there are no taxes to pay, but if you sell another stock at a profit can you write the loss off against the gains?

BB and CLNE in the red. Bought in with a weed company early then added stocks art higher price which rose my BEP and messed up with my profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

N958GB wrote: »
    Why you do me dirty like that, seeing all the likes for your comment cuts me deep after a long arduous day. 30% in the red with Ocugen going to have to sell i think.

Are the US taxes automatically deducted from the sale, which is 15% then 33 % irish taxes which will be 17% when making a profit? If you make a loss from a sale there are no taxes to pay, but if you sell another stock at a profit can you write the loss off against the gains?

BB and CLNE in the red. Bought in with a weed company early then added stocks art higher price which rose my BEP and messed up with my profit.

I really want to believe you're not taking the piss but you're making it very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Wise, formerly Transferwise to go public in the next few months. They are a company similar to Revolut but with a proper desktop interface. I think they are great and wondered if they would ever go public.

What exchange have people been using here for IPOs?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ipo-watch-fintech-wise-could-go-public-as-soon-as-this-week-154234868.html

Edit: Just see that it's a direct listing, so Degiro should do the trick then?

All my stocks are tanking at the moment. Weed stock was my best performing stock but it sank today. I tied up too much of my money. I ****ed it up. Should I get out or ocugen BB and CLNE

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

Serious tip. Up 14% yesterday and 43% today.

Its finally taking off , 95% of my portfolio at an average of $1.91 been loading into it since february, hopefully it stays going, looks to be still early in the squeeze if anyone is watching it , just have to be in by tuesday the 24th if you want to qualify for dividend , and merger to go through by end of month so all shorts have to cover by then should all make for an interesting ride.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Going to go in with a small stake on Alfi this afternoon. Think someone here had mentioned it a few pages ago. Only went public recently.

This crowd announced a big new roll out of their software today. Up 104% for the day. Should be a decent sell off in next few days but going to keep this as a hold for another while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Weed stock was my best performing stock but it sank today. I tied up too much of my money. I ****ed it up.

There's no news re:weed so its just market rotation going into memes that has it dip for the most part. Tilray in particular will retrace above 20 again in the near future. Buying high and selling low is a quick way to losing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

pioneerpro wrote: »
    There's no news re:weed so its just market rotation going into memes that has it dip for the most part. Tilray in particular will retrace above 20 again in the near future. Buying high and selling low is a quick way to losing everything.

Depends what type of investor too. I think the average investor here is looking to make a buck every 2 months or so (myslef included :pac: )

So if it's Tilray/Canopy they're keen on, then consider it a way better investment than bank deposit over 5-10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

Fed speaks again today, the biggest day of the two. A lot of investors, myself included, eager to hear if JPowell remains on the "transatory inflation" side of things. I personally think he will. That Kyle Bass 12% inflation comment on CNBC last night was absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Seems an obvious target for WSB.

SPAC
    Entertainment business
    Hedge funds short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

All my stocks are tanking at the moment. Weed stock was my best performing stock but it sank today. I tied up too much of my money. I ****ed it up. Should I get out or ocugen BB and CLNE
    You're becoming the boy who cried wolf at this stage.

Learn how to invest, for all of our sakes. This isn't gambling on the next meme stock for a quick buck. Go buy some Disney or Apple and relax

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Repo101

Fed speaks again today, the biggest day of the two. A lot of investors, myself included, eager to hear if JPowell remains on the "transatory inflation" side of things. I personally think he will. That Kyle Bass 12% inflation comment on CNBC last night was absurd.

The fed has no tools so they will be forced to still call it transitory inflation, which is just nonsense. I'm not sure about 12% but I know Hayman's models and algorithms are saying 5-12% inflation which isn't absurd at all. The models HFs use are far more detailed and complex. It's not a perfect science but it's better than using CPI.

You just need to take a look a the reverse repo market since the Fed refused to extend lending facilities on 31 March, a major flag that there is too much cash. QE has gone too far, 25% of all USD in circulation were created during the pandemic and people are still in total denial about inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I feel like they will stick with "transitory inflation" comment without going into detail. I think it means they are expecting various industries/commodities to go through periods of high inflation.

Used cars up 10% in May then 7% in June, lumber hit a record high in May down 40% since, shipping at a premium, oil at its highest in a long time, house prices at a premium etc. But all will come down as more countries reopen, vaccine take-up increases, suez canal backlog clears, chip shortage decreases etc.

If they were to mention specifics it would probably have negative effects on any industry/commodity they do mention which they want to avoid after the last 12-18 months.

For most people on here, I think it means to expect paper losses, potential buying opportunities, red days but recovery. Similar to the last week or two really just in a more prolonged way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Roblox still doing well! Sorry I bailed now.
    Anyone still holding?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

cc87 wrote: »
    I feel like they will stick with "transitory inflation" comment without going into detail. I think it means they are expecting various industries/commodities to go through periods of high inflation.

Used cars up 10% in May then 7% in June, lumber hit a record high in May down 40% since, shipping at a premium, oil at its highest in a long time, house prices at a premium etc. But all will come down as more countries reopen, vaccine take-up increases, suez canal backlog clears, chip shortage decreases etc.

If they were to mention specifics it would probably have negative effects on any industry/commodity they do mention which they want to avoid after the last 12-18 months.

For most people on here, I think it means to expect paper losses, potential buying opportunities, red days but recovery. Similar to the last week or two really just in a more prolonged way

From what I understand shipping, containers and especially chip shortage wont be resolve for a very very long time. Couple years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Treppen wrote: »
    Roblox still doing well! Sorry I bailed now.
    Anyone still holding?

Down 9% already today.

I've a few shares and was tempted to sell when it hit $100 but I'd bought as long term hold so will do that but it's hard not to second guess yourself on weeks like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

Why would anyone in Ireland want to buy Draftkings when you can get Flutter (Paddy Power) for near the same MC, which rather than being loss making actually makes 2bn a year in the rest of the world (Pokerstars, Skybet etc) and Fanduel (Flutter in the US) is already well ahead of DKNG in the US. Like you can understand WSB missing it over there cos Flutter isnt listed but Flutters HQ is here and its listed here. Flutter should be 2x the price

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

I have Flutter and Draftkings, I might be mad having both, but believe the US and Canadian market could be huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

I have Flutter and Draftkings, I might be mad having both, but believe the US and Canadian market could be huge!

CAC for Flutter a concern but I'm with you there.

Flutter do own 95% of FanDuel, representing the closest Draftking competitor though FYI.

And also, I'd be taking SportsGenius or SportsRadar (if they pull the thumb out) over DKNG long-term.

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    Depends what type of investor too. I think the average investor here is looking to make a buck every 2 months or so (myslef included :pac: )

So if it's Tilray/Canopy they're keen on, then consider it a way better investment than bank deposit over 5-10 years.

I am aiming to add to Tilray over time, all new to me so added shares at higher cost diluted my profits. I am trying to have money ready to buy if they dip. It has potential for growth over time.

Stocks is gambling pure and simple, all this do your research and everything will be all right etc is a deluded attitude.

Advertisement