Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭N958GB

I really want to believe you're not taking the piss but you're making it very hard

My man this is such a friendly and welcoming environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

N958GB wrote: »
    Stocks is gambling pure and simple, all this do your research and everything will be all right etc is a deluded attitude.

You could say the first half of sentence without second half, which shows your attitude than anyone else in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Be right back guys going to rename the thread to Delusional Attitude Chat 2021

N95, have you tried not being a gowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

N958GB wrote: »
    I am aiming to add to Tilray over time, all new to me so added shares at higher cost diluted my profits. I am trying to have money ready to buy if they dip. It has potential for growth over time.

Stocks is gambling pure and simple, all this do your research and everything will be all right etc is a deluded attitude.

Complete and utter bs. I can't put into words how much I disagree with that "statement".

I'm stunned I've just read that on here. I'd expect that sort of outlook from some Karen who hasn't a clue what she's on about.

No wonder you've lost so much money.

Complete and utter bs. I can't put into words how much I disagree with that "statement".

I'm stunned I've just read that on here. I'd expect that sort of outlook from some Karen who hasn't a clue what she's on about.

No wonder you've lost so much money.

Hey God you think i am the only person on here that has lost money or am in the red. Stocks are about the rise and the fall.

• Advertisement

How it is even contentious to say that playing the stock market is gambling, Look at the prevalence of insider trading and the manipulation of the markets by various actors.

Now that's not to say you can't make money which is why i am here. No one has divined the future though it's clear God and a few others think they can.

All those Youtube channels podcast and books about investing are about making that creator rich. When investing you have to assume the possibility that you will lose your money.

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Be right back guys going to rename the thread to Delusional Attitude Chat 2021

N95, have you tried not being a gowl?

Hey Dutch what's a gowl, i have divined it's a petulant insult but could you clarify what it means? I will be magnanimous and not resort to such petulant name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

No mods here, no? Or are they all in Geneva?

No mods here, no? Or are they all in Geneva?

My Man there is no need to report Dutch, i don't even know what the word gowl means.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

N958GB joined 10 days ago, posted in nothing but this thread, clearly a WUM. if we all just hit the Ignore button on him it goes away

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bought some shares in Termor International (TRMR) today - available on Degiro thanfully. Another fairly speculative stock, they're the middle man that manages advertising on video platforms (things like the RTE player).

I was tipped off for them by the thread below, which is worth a read if you're going to invest. I've been a longtime shareholder of Trade Desk which I'm very happy with. Growth figures are very impressive - 172% last year,

It's had a move recently, it was £1.30 in September, £3.50 at Christmas and £6.30 today. Projections in that tweet value it £20+ dependent on variables.

Bought some today at £6.32 to see where it goes. TRMR's comeptitor MGNI has a much richer valuation for similar operation, so hoping this catches up. It's currently a UK-listed stock, a move to the Nasdaq would give it a lovely boost too.

https://twitter.com/di_truly/status/1358409117107425280?s=20
    Tremor has been ticking along nicely this year, up about 25% since I bought in Feb and about to move to Nasdaq. Nice slide below showing the potential. Bought more today

E4AaFSUUcAMpFX4?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

N958GB joined 10 days ago, posted in nothing but this thread, clearly a WUM. if we all just hit the Ignore button on him it goes away

I've been a member of Boards for years and he's the first one I blocked and I did it very early on.

Everyone please ignore him.

Anyway, inflation seems to be higher in US than predicted but Fed won't increase rates just yet. Will increase twice by end of 2023.

Implications for stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Tremor has been ticking along nicely this year, up about 25% since I bought in Feb and about to move to Nasdaq. Nice slide below showing the potential. Bought more today

E4AaFSUUcAMpFX4?format=jpg&name=small

TRMR is ticking a long nicely. Scope to increase by 60%+ based on competitors and leading player in CTV advertising. Be interesting to see now the yanks treat it.

Can hedge funds buy American Depositary Shares? (Newbie question).

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

There's a saying if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all.. N95 would really want to take that on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Dollar has jumped like a mofo

What’s the view on inflation?? Are people surprised??

I think inflation is here but worse yet is that a mini recession will probably kick in within 3-5yrs after the financial effects of Covid are known. A lot of companies could crash and burn once the subsidies are stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

gudede wrote: »

I think inflation is here but worse yet is that a mini recession will probably kick in within 3-5yrs after the financial effects of Covid are known. A lot of companies could crash and burn once the subsidies are stopped.

It was easy to spot before in 2020 that this was going to happen,

Best strategy to prepare is having good cash flow companies on your portfolio, growth stocks will get killed when they raise interest rates.

nathan99 wrote: »
    It was easy to spot before in 2020 that this was going to happen,

Best strategy to prepare is having good cash flow companies on your portfolio, growth stocks will get killed when they raise interest rates.

I struggle with all growth stocks will get hammered. I can understand a company who’s heavy geared but some companies aren’t. TRMR, SKLZ are companies with no gearing.

TRMR, market should expand despite a recession.
    SKLZ, yes growth slows and it’s overvalued currently, but long term, it’s industry is a winner and options to move into other areas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    N958GB thread banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

gudede wrote: »

I read contrarian view recently.
    Wells Fargo have 2trillion balance sheet. When Fed will taper off buying debt, they could lift the cap on wells fargo and let em enter the market. Which could propel markets to new highs.

• Advertisement

Trade Desk (TTD) has a 10-1 stock split effective today

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

CureVac getting hit hard. Disappointing. More vaccines means things get going faster. Seems like pfizer remains king amongst covid vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone looked at IPX on the LSE? Its on a total rampage for the last 5 years, seems insanely overvalued but it keeps going up, saw it at 1000p and thought it cannot keep going yet its at 1210p today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone looked at IPX on the LSE? Its on a total rampage for the last 5 years, seems insanely overvalued but it keeps going up, saw it at 1000p and thought it cannot keep going yet its at 1210p today.

Any idea what assets are driving it? Something in there has to be performing exceptionally

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

CureVac getting hit hard. Disappointing. More vaccines means things get going faster. Seems like pfizer remains king amongst covid vaccines

Thought GSK would get more of a backlash from this as they were meant to be manufacturing 100 million+ doses for curevac...Only down 0.7%, I won't complain.
    Hopefully GSK's second attempt at a covid vaccine comes through in Q4.

Aren't we lucky that Pfizer came through, we'd still be in a bad place both in equities and life if it hadn't. GSK, Sanofi, CureVac all fails (Curevac might still prevent hospitalisations and deaths so not dead yet). Then (J&J / AstraZ, Sinovac Ok to good but not perfect efficacy etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Forgot about this and got a fright when I saw it was down 90% pre market :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

47% efficiency is below the threshold (50%) to be used; Even the Chinese version is at 53%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone else in GSAH?

This has been confirmed today.
    Values Mirion at $2.5B or 13 times 2022 earnings which sounds like a good deal for a company which has posted around 50% annual growth over the last 6 years.

Includes a $900m PIPE, will be interesting to see what they do with it since Mirion have a track record of good acquisitions.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/goldman-spac-buys-mirion-technologies-100009470.html

No real movement pre-market.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

It's their until I retire ok..at 65..the new dc scheme for me is good .no lump sum apparently with our dB pension..I'm sure they will only offer half of what it's worth..they will get alot of people to cash in ,I believe..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Nice, MyWallst are always talking about them.

Advertisement