Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Bought into NRX Pharmaceuticals at 14. Curious to see where this one goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Edesa breaking my balls, up 20% pre market on interim results that they could keep going and would try expedite. Open 10% up closed -2% and today closed -6%.. Its truly a testing stock to own, not sure what's worse this or Fastly.. probably Fastly.

Opened a position in US airline Mesa today!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

cronos wrote: »
    Bought into NRX Pharmaceuticals at 14. Curious to see where this one goes.

L2 Data and Volume is bleak atm FWIW, but it's all about the EUA punt at the end of the day. I'm waiting to DCA on it for a few days, market is whacky since quadwitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

bcklschaps wrote: »
    TRCH going to open very strong today.... What are holders on here going to do? Sell out with maybe 100% profit today or tomorrow... or wait for the dividends etc.

BTW : Big thanks, to mf310 who recommended it here some time ago.

I didn't sold so I am thinking about keep the dividend and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Das Reich wrote: »
    Das Reich wrote: »

My TRCH BEP was $5, soo I sold out half my holding today @$10 for 100% profit. Always be taking profits (thumbs up)

If it continues to run up tomorrow, I'll be left in a terrible quandry for the remainder...ie. stick or twist.

Just a little worried that the SP will collapse back to maybe $5 on Friday...and that special dividend turns out to be worth less than the difference.

Thoughts anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Doubled my position in unum group yesterday...they provide financial protection benefits (life / accident services etc.).

Probably not going to be much capital growth from this one but they'll benefit from any rise in interest rates and fundamentally they appear to trading at a good valuation (4% dividend too, which is well covered and has risen for the past 11 years). They are also resuming buying back shares in Q3.

Up ~20% ytd
    Now makes up ~3% of my portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Anyone looking at Victorian Plumbing's IPO today?
    Tempted by it, but the 'down the drain' headlines write themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

stop wrote: »

IPOs in the UK haven't been the best this year.

Most of them have tanked after listing, I'm happy to let them list and see what happens over the first couple of weeks now. If it drops, I get a better price, if it does rise, I'm happy to miss out or wait it out for a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

jams100 wrote: »
    Doubled my position in unum group yesterday...they provide financial protection benefits (life / accident services etc.).

Probably not going to be much capital growth from this one but they'll benefit from any rise in interest rates and fundamentally they appear to trading at a good valuation (4% dividend too, which is well covered and has risen for the past 11 years). They are also resuming buying back shares in Q3.

Up ~20% ytd
    Now makes up ~3% of my portfolio

I use them myself for my own dental benefit and they are very easy to deal with and the cover is well priced. Good call imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

SMT available now on Degiro. ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

stop wrote: »

I bought my bathroom from them. For that alone, I would never give them another cent. Awful company

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Looking at Europcar as a medium to long term. Has survived the pandemic just about but needed refinancing and debt restructuring. Industry has been badly damaged and no demand over last 18 months but would think as people get back on the move could be some upside to this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

neris wrote: »
    Looking at Europcar as a medium to long term. Has survived the pandemic just about but needed refinancing and debt restructuring. Industry has been badly damaged and no demand over last 18 months but would think as people get back on the move could be some upside to this

based off their prices this summer i think they'll be making record profits!!!

prices for a regular rental i do have more than doubled:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bought shares the other day in Landsec , its the largest commercial REIT in the UK , its gotten hammered since covid for obvious reasons but has been around since 2007 , now i realise that office property faces an uncertain future but one could perhaps safely assume that this has already been discounted ?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    bought shares the other day in Landsec , its the largest commercial REIT in the UK , its gotten hammered since covid for obvious reasons but has been around since 2007 , now i realise that office property faces an uncertain future but one could perhaps safely assume that this has already been discounted ?

I think the next earnings will be important. They had good cash reserves at the last one even after the last 18 months but the commercial rent moratorium was recently extended from the end of June to the end of year. Considering the CEO was recently talking about getting clients to pay rent in full it may indicate they are getting close to having burnt through cash reserves.

I think long term they will be good but the short term might be a bit rough still.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

TRCH going to open very strong today.... What are holders on here going to do? Sell out with maybe 100% profit today or tomorrow... or wait for the dividends etc.

BTW : Big thanks, to mf310 who recommended it here some time ago.

Could have went either way depending on merger but delighted its all working out up 400% @ an average of 1.91 … may sell half today or tomorrow if price hits 15 , would have the same worry as you do that itl tank when people start pulling out after ex dividend date but it is still heavily shorted so it still has massive potential to run this whole week , lots of people confident of over 15$ divi and a metamaterials share price of 100 by end of year so not too worried about the stock either way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

I bought 400 Hertz at 79c and sold all at $1.80. Happy with a nice profit. Thinking they'd face another bankruptcy drama and drop below a dollar again. They're now at $7.80 less than 3 months later. Sigh,what could have been. Might have a punt on Europecar

Have been intrigued in this myself after Hertz, took a slight nibble a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

My TRCH BEP was $5, soo I sold out half my holding today @$10 for 100% profit. Always be taking profits (thumbs up)
    Balls. Missed that.

This "always be taking profits" line.

What do you do with the profits? Reinvest in something else, or just spend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

PLUG up 15% today, sold some off.
    ARGO down 15% (at one stage) today, bought some more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Wow Microsoft joins Apple in the 2 dollar trillion club today - Nuts !! Glad I didn't sell a while back !

Both UMG & PSH presenting on their PSTH deal today.
    With PSTH not expected to become UMG until Nov/Dec, this will probably gain in the next few weeks and then slowly tick down until close to the de-spaccing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pilbara Minerals growing into one of my big ones quitely in the background, more great results last night, its market cap is 4 billion though, that's a lot for what it is at the minute, no problem hanging on to it long term though.

Crowdstrike Holdings also doing great day after day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

If it continues to run up tomorrow, I'll be left in a terrible quandry for the remainder...ie. stick or twist.

Just a little worried that the SP will collapse back to maybe $5 on Friday...and that special dividend turns out to be worth less than the difference.

Thoughts anybody?

Hope you got the other half out before the price dropped back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

daheff wrote: »

No. Holding out for the dividend, whatever & whenever that might be ??

cc87 wrote: »
    Alfi, $ALF, a digital advertising company IPO's yesterday on the NASDAQ.
    Priced at $4.50, ended the day at $2.9, currently up 9% pre-market.

It's a SaaS based advertising service where I think their digital advertising systems all have cameras and using computer vision collect data about users/customers and their engagement to better target advertising, usual buzz words included AI, machine learning etc.
    Currently targeting airports, taxi services and shopping malls. Based in Belfast and Miami. Fully GDPR/data privacy complaint. Very young company and one I would see as prime to be bought out by one of the bigger advertising companies.

Might be willing to take punt on them but at the moment their website is full of dead links so not willing to put money on them yet. But they've a low float so if it runs it could jump quickly.

I didn't put anything in ALF. It finished yesterday at $16.29 Only a 500% increase...... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

daheff wrote: »

Dropped back big time alright one thing about the stock market you cant time it but im a long term investor granted i couldv made an extra 20k if i timed the market right and sold everything at 10.50 on monday and bought back in at 6.50 yesterday but that was impossible to see and if the stock wasnt being manipulated by hedge funds we could have easily seen trch running to 15/20 as it was so heavily shorted. Could still possibly see a run back up today or tomorrow the chart has all the signals of a good run back up. Regardless was a good buy yesterday at 6 if even to just get the dividend and your meta stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Cielo Waste had a nice jump (14% today). Not clear on what this off the back of but I think they're breaking ground on a new plant soon. They showed off the progress on their desulfurization process recently too. Might just be that investors are feeling a bit of momentum building behind the company?

CRWD had a great day yesterday too.

Edesa just appointed a Snr VP for Manufacturing. Considering they are still in clinical trials this is incredibly bullish.

"We are pleased to welcome Raj to our management team in anticipation of multiple potential growth opportunities this year. He brings a wealth of strategic and operational expertise with process development, scale-up and GMP production that will be critical to the advancement of our clinical and commercialization plans," said Michael Brooks, President of Edesa Biotech.”

Another ANVS on our hands potentially..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Reddit apparently pumping IDEX now too.

Advertisement