Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Bacchus wrote: »
    Reddit apparently pumping IDEX now too.

I could say with a good degree of confidence that the only reason they're pumping it is because Shane McMahon used to walk out to "here comes the money" in his WWE days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    Both UMG & PSH presenting on their PSTH deal today.
    With PSTH not expected to become UMG until Nov/Dec, this will probably gain in the next few weeks and then slowly tick down until close to the de-spaccing.

Listened to these in background...

UMG was a big advert for the company, nothing particularly of interest.

PSH is just finishing up now and was more interesting.....
    BA has spoken to the NYSE about listing UMG and it has been pre-cleared but will be up to the new board to determine if they will dual list/ADR.
    Expects to pay a dividend and buy back shares soon after listing but again up to new board.
    Initial discussions were to buy 17.5% of UMG but it wasn't possible on Vivendis end which is why PSTH Remainco will exist.
    UMG will retain 4% ownership of spotify
    Expects Remainco to be a more straight forward transaction as they have proved their credentials with the UMG deal. Already working on a deal based off a company they looked at for PSTH

Overall it does sound like a very good investment in a company that is quite under-valued currently. They consider it to have a similar value as Disney.

Obviously both presentations were biased to sell shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Edesa just appointed a Snr VP for Manufacturing. Considering they are still in clinical trials this is incredibly bullish.

"We are pleased to welcome Raj to our management team in anticipation of multiple potential growth opportunities this year. He brings a wealth of strategic and operational expertise with process development, scale-up and GMP production that will be critical to the advancement of our clinical and commercialization plans," said Michael Brooks, President of Edesa Biotech.”

Another ANVS on our hands potentially..

ANVS taking a hit today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

FPAC going with Peter Thiel crypto exchange. Don't know much about it yet and not the best timing, but at NAV seems like a decent bet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I didn't put anything in ALF. It finished yesterday at $16.29 Only a 500% increase...... :o

Put a few hundred in at 3.08 a while back. Expecting it to be down again tomorrow though (down 25% or so today)

• Advertisement

Has anyone looked at Immupharma? IMM.L.

Have a lupus drug about to start a phase 3 trial and held meetings with the FDA about it in December. Lupus drugs tend to trade at a premium with very little effective treatments available.
    Slightly in debt but have the cash in reserve to cover it if needed. Currently funded til end 2023.

Trading at an all time low now at 8p, with one analyst setting a PT of 100p

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/941682/immupharma-the-life-sciences-division-s-dr-malik-says-shares-are--oversold--reiterating-buy-rating-941682.html

After a few months of silence on this, news today saying the FDA will decide on whether to approve the phase 3 trial or not by the end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Doximity ticker DOCS will be listed soon. Very interesting company with impressive numbers. If it starts at 25-30 a share, I'll start a sizeable position

DOCS IPO today. Shares starting at 26. Let's hope it has a similar few months as GLBE has had for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Perion network (PERI), which is a company in the digital marketing, and another good boardies tip, nice 15% breakout yesterday, no real news to backup this price jump though ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Cielo Waste had a nice jump (14% today). Not clear on what this off the back of but I think they're breaking ground on a new plant soon. They showed off the progress on their desulfurization process recently too. Might just be that investors are feeling a bit of momentum building behind the company?

Cielo off another great start this morning, up 15%. They got final approval to list on the TSX Venture Exchange. Momentum really seems to be behind them. Raging I didn't add more yesterday. They usually have a bit of a sell off towards the end of the trading day so if it pulls back again this afternoon, I'll add more.

EDIT: Up 20% now. Second test this morning of the ATH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

After a few months of silence on this, news today saying the FDA will decide on whether to approve the phase 3 trial or not by the end of July.

I completely forgot about this one! Thanks man! Gonna throw the house on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Did some updates on my stocks spreadsheet and think I'm finally in the green :D
    Was a bit messy though, as the saga that was Tawana/A40/Alita with the merger and subsequent receivership made it a little tricky to figure out the losses. Up a decent bit from an ESPP from a previous employer and more recently a 61% gain on Liontown Resources.

Still believe LTR has a long way to go pricewise.. It has the largest Tier 1 lithium resource in the world that is unencumbered (no offtake agreement). News came out fairly recently from the new CEO (Ex-Director at BHP) about a plan to demerge it into two companies based off of different resources they have and giving free share allocation to existing shareholders. Comparisons I've seen on another forum based off relative market cap versus resource size to other Lithium explorers suggests it's still quite undervalued by 50%.

Can be best summarised in this recent presentation:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I completely forgot about this one! Thanks man! Gonna throw the house on it :pac:

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

cefh17 wrote: »
    Did some updates on my stocks spreadsheet and think I'm finally in the green :D
    Was a bit messy though, as the saga that was Tawana/A40/Alita with the merger and subsequent receivership made it a little tricky to figure out the losses. Up a decent bit from an ESPP from a previous employer and more recently a 61% gain on Liontown Resources.

Still believe LTR has a long way to go pricewise.. It has the largest Tier 1 lithium resource in the world that is unencumbered (no offtake agreement). News came out fairly recently from the new CEO (Ex-Director at BHP) about a plan to demerge it into two companies based off of different resources they have and giving free share allocation to existing shareholders. Comparisons I've seen on another forum based off relative market cap versus resource size to other Lithium explorers suggests it's still quite undervalued by 50%.

Can be best summarised in this recent presentation:

Looks interesting. Thanks. Just available on ASX exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

treatyman wrote: »
    Looks interesting. Thanks. Just available on ASX exchange?

I believe Frankfurt too but I went with ASX, think the total transcation fee is €10 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Anybody in the emmet savage (mywallst) webinar yesterday?

He gave out 4 of 8 stocks which he thinks could define the next decade. I am in on one of them which was a nice confirmation, although none of the 4 could be described as surprising picks. I think he described the 4 he held back as riskier picks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Is the webinar available to watch somewhere? Are you allowed share the 4 picks he had?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Is the webinar available to watch somewhere? Are you allowed share the 4 picks he had?

Surely more people know your picks and buy in the more your pnl goes up given you already hold position.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

VertBlue wrote: »
    Anybody in the emmet savage (mywallst) webinar yesterday?

He gave out 4 of 8 stocks which he thinks could define the next decade. I am in on one of them which was a nice confirmation, although none of the 4 could be described as surprising picks. I think he described the 4 he held back as riskier picks

Care to Share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭caadmium

Anyone looking at Cricut (CRCT)? Featured on MF Industry Focus podcast recently. IPO'd March, business is a mix of hardware, accessories and subscription. "Crafting" is huge in the States and this is a real fit with the ETSY crowd. Looks like their products are widely available in Ireland too.

PSFE moving pre-market. Getting some WSB attention I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

colliemcc wrote: »
    Care to Share

Teladoc, Airbnb, Docusign and ETSY.

TDOC and ABNB my biggest positions so it has only fed my confirmation bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

For anyone who wants to do some sleuthing the acronym he uses for all 8 is ALTITUDE.

I think Lemonade and Twilio are possibly 2 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Yeah wasn't sure what the etiquette was, but underground and smee_again have shared what he talked about

I hold Airbnb so happy that was one of his picks

A few people were guessing Unity

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Thanks.
    The only one I am not sure is docusign. I use it a lot for work but its a standalone service for digital signature. My gut feeling is that Adobe and Microsoft will simply add this to their current offerings in near future.

Teladoc, Airbnb, Docusign and ETSY.

TDOC and ABNB my biggest positions so it has only fed my confirmation bias.

Did he speak much to the current valuations? Because I could pick a list of good companies off the top of my head, but valuation has to play into it at some stage.

Do wish I'd pulled the trigger on Docusign at 200. I have a 2.5% position in TDOC at 170 BEP and .5% position in Airbnb at 130 BEP. No fear in holding those long term. TDOC did take a while to turn upwards and break the decline trend. I do think the average person does not get small things checked by a GP as often as they would online, so it could save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sevenshades

bish76 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    The only one I am not sure is docusign. I use it a lot for work but its a standalone service for digital signature. My gut feeling is that Adobe and Microsoft will simply add this to their current offerings in near future.

Adobe already have Adobe Sign so the question will be if they can get the traction on that by having it bundled with its other offerings.

Amazed by Virgin Galactic's performance over the past month.

• Advertisement

Sofi seems to be approaching a reasonable entry point for a long term hold.

Advertisement