Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

cronos wrote: »
    Did he speak much to the current valuations? Because I could pick a list of good companies off the top of my head, but valuation has to play into it at some stage.

Do wish I'd pulled the trigger on Docusign at 200. I have a 2.5% position in TDOC at 170 BEP and .5% position in Airbnb at 130 BEP. No fear in holding those long term. TDOC did take a while to turn upwards and break the decline trend. I do think the average person does not get small things checked by a GP as often as they would online, so it could save lives.

Exactly.

That's what I'm thinking, I especially like Airbnb as a long term pick but it's overvalued where it is, I'd be fairly confident that at some stage in the next 24 months I'll be able to get this at ~ $100

I suspect all these stocks mentioned are going to get a good pullback if / when inflation is no longer deemed transitory.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Bacchus wrote: »
    Is the webinar available to watch somewhere? Are you allowed share the 4 picks he had?

Below is link to Webinar, i listened to most of it, and i wasnt overly inspired, the main aim of the Webinar was to get you to sign up to their Horizon service a §1000 dollars a year.

Any conversation they had about stocks and shares was very general the type of stuff anyone would know who just had a passing interest in the subject.

For me it was all very vague with the main aim to get u to sign up for 1000 books.

Anyway the link is below.

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Yeah, pretty steep annual subscription, although he did say it wouldn't be for everyone

He wasn't concerned about current valuation, said that in 10 years time his ALTITUDE could be the next FAANG or FAATMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭p to the e

Anyone following Helium One (HE1.L)? I'm in since about 7p. There's potentially some big news on the way. It has the potential to be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

jake frost wrote: »
    Below is link to Webinar, i listened to most of it, and i wasnt overly inspired, the main aim of the Webinar was to get you to sign up to their Horizon service a §1000 dollars a year.

Any conversation they had about stocks and shares was very general the type of stuff anyone would know who just had a passing interest in the subject.

For me it was all very vague with the main aim to get u to sign up for 1000 books.

Anyway the link is below.

https://event.webinarjam.com/t/click/7w7x8hmxuoqsnms4rxbg06cyqtm

Can we stop pumping this nonsense .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

VertBlue wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty steep annual subscription, although he did say it wouldn't be for everyone

He wasn't concerned about current valuation, said that in 10 years time his ALTITUDE could be the next FAANG or FAATMAN

Then I'm not concerned in giving him a subscription. Tell him you will pay for the subscription in 10 years then and not monthly/yearly.

But if someone joins they are welcome to share info, I'm not saying it's worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Teladoc, Airbnb, Docusign and ETSY.

TDOC and ABNB my biggest positions so it has only fed my confirmation bias.

No outside the box thinking there. Nearly every big name stock guru has pushed them at one time or another.

I'm in TDOC anyway. Considering Docusign, they are dominating that space regardless of Adobe and Microsoft (do one thing and be the best at it comes to mind). ABNB is risky to me, I don't like all the potential push back it could get due to taking away properties from homing. ETSY feels like it did well from the lockdown, so the question is how well it will do in the reopening.

BTW, speaking of subscriptions I signed up for the free 2 weeks of Potential Multibaggers on Seeking Alpha. There's a nice collection of articles and portfolios to look through there. It confirmed a few stocks I'd be considering and threw up a couple I hadn't considered. I'm up 4.5% on one of those that I tested the water with (granted we'll have to see in the long run how it pans out).

Treppen wrote: »
    Can we stop pumping this nonsense .

I wasnt pumping anything, just responded to someone who asked for the link. In actual fact after watching the video, i thought it wasnt of much benefit.

Anyway ive deleted the link now. Hope ur happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Did he speak much to the current valuations? Because I could pick a list of good companies off the top of my head, but valuation has to play into it at some stage.

Do wish I'd pulled the trigger on Docusign at 200. I have a 2.5% position in TDOC at 170 BEP and .5% position in Airbnb at 130 BEP. No fear in holding those long term. TDOC did take a while to turn upwards and break the decline trend. I do think the average person does not get small things checked by a GP as often as they would online, so it could save lives.

Yeah as others have said, not too concerned about current valuations. Acknowledged ABNB at near $100bn market cap isn't exactly an unknown but then Amazon wasn't exactly unknown in 2010 and has delivered huge returns since. Valuation risk becomes less of an issue the longer you hold I suppose.

He reckons ABNB can 10x from here, even at its current size, over the long term. Sounds optimistic but without a crystal ball who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I wasnt pumping anything, just responded to someone who asked for the link. In actual fact after watching the video, i thought it wasnt of much benefit.

I think it was fair enough to share the link if we're going to be talking about the stocks he namedropped himself, least we could do. Just my view on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

GAN back down under my original BEP of 16.85.
    Made money on this in the past, so happy to buy another heap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Apologies, I didn't mean you. Just the other poster , pumping was a bit of a strong word on my behalf. You're right to put up the link if he actually names the sticks and gives reasons.

Just get annoyed, these "subscribe now and I'll make you millions" guys are snake oil salesmen. Grand if they offer proper education... anyway, I better stop now.

Share Picks is way better and more fun and no alluding to "the next big thing"... Which we all know by now it's going to be Bebo

BTW, speaking of subscriptions I signed up for the free 2 weeks of Potential Multibaggers on Seeking Alpha. There's a nice collection of articles and portfolios to look through there. It confirmed a few stocks I'd be considering and threw up a couple I hadn't considered. I'm up 4.5% on one of those that I tested the water with (granted we'll have to see in the long run how it pans out).

If you think anything is worth sharing don't be put off doing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Apologies, I didn't mean you. Just the other poster , pumping was a bit of a strong word on my behalf. You're right to put up the link if he actually names the sticks and gives reasons.

Just get annoyed, these "subscribe now and I'll make you millions" guys are snake oil salesmen. Grand if they offer proper education... anyway, I better stop now.

Share Picks is way better and more fun and no alluding to "the next big thing"... Which we all know by now it's going to be Bebo

MyWallSt are good, obvs the webinar is designed to pump his horizon but the monthly picks last year were really good. You can get a lot of their content though just by signing up to the daily email and also the blog. Good for daily knowledge of what has gone on in the market.

No problems, understood. Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

Sold out of Paysafe at 12.68. If it drop's back to low 11's I'm going to buy back in. My BEP had been 12.2 so liked having the option to take a little profit. When I didn't do this with Corsair it ended up returning right back to 32 after it's 20% pump, so decided to take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

I fully agree about some of the schemes going around the Internet, but to be fair to myWallSt I don't think they are, the basic service is great just as someone else said for their articals more than their stock picks, (which I think are all typical safe picks, not many surprises or small cap stocks - but great if you are a beginner)

I didn't watch yesterday webinar but I remember he said in an older one investing under a certain amount a year your probably better off just investing in an index fund. Its like 800euros to see watch what he is Investing in himself which i think is fair considering his history.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

SPCE has earned me a tidy sum over the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

McMurphy wrote: »
    SPCE has earned me a tidy sum over the last two weeks.

That will happen with meme stock, although the wise ones know their exit points before buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That will happen with meme stock, although the wise ones know their exit points before buying.

Yeah think it was earlier when it reached $56......

Finally seeing some green with Nano Dimensions NNDM, been a long road, also Nokia NOK having a good week..

If you think anything is worth sharing don't be put off doing it :)

TBH, it costs nothing to sign up for the 2 weeks so the information is there for anyone who wants to sign up.

He breaks down his picks into 2 categories... Potential Multibaggers, and Budding Anchors (safer, but less upside picks) and then has a watchlist of stocks not yet on either list. All his picks have fairly extensive analysis provided, and he gives regular updates on his conviction ratings.

His top 5 picks are NET, CRWD, ROKU, SE and SQ. Next 5 are DOCU, FVRR, PTON, SHOP and TTD.

I was already in 3 of his top 5 so it was nice confirmation bias and I'd been looking at SE and DOCU too so I feel like he's a person in line with my thinking. He also had OKTA there further down the list that I've been thinking about.

His watchlist is interesting to browse through too. Obviously he doesn't have a conviction rating on them so more DD on your part but it's a starting point.

I'll cancel after my two weeks and probably check in again in 6 months with another credit card & account to see what's new.

Finally seeing some green with Nano Dimensions NNDM, been a long road, also Nokia NOK having a good week..

Yeah it's turned a corner this week. I'm still in the red with NNDM though. I'm considering giving it the chop soon. It's a small position and would rather cut back a bit on my diversification and add it to one of my better performing stocks. I'll see how this little run goes first though if I can make a little profit off it.

Yeah it's turned a corner this week. I'm still in the red with NNDM though. I'm considering giving it the chop soon. It's a small position and would rather cut back a bit on my diversification and add it to one of my better performing stocks. I'll see how this little run goes first though if I can make a little profit off it.

Yeah im at a cross road with NNDM, its been red for me for months until today, ill probably reduce my position next week, and keep some to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Sold have my SPCE holdings this evening.

Desktop Metal has dropped a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ha, well it's too messy for that with all the huge CGT I'm gonna have to pay on my millions, but I'll keep people posted on the progress if people are interested in how it works out.

I paid $136 for them yesterday, currently worth $142
    So I bought this option 2 weeks ago at $136, sold it today at $875. It was down to about $30 for most of the intervening period. Options are crazy. Not sure I’m cut out for this.

Alibaba, strike price $220, bought at $211

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    SPCE earnings tonight... I'm scared

Held my 200 shares through all of the BS.. Always trust your gut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Desktop Metal has dropped a good bit.

I’ll be be likely adding to my position here tomorrow. Was down over 7% on Friday so there maybe a bit of a bounce here tomorrow.

Advertisement