Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I’ll be be likely adding to my position here tomorrow. Was down over 7% on Friday so there maybe a bit of a bounce here tomorrow.

How much have you got and at what BEP out of curiosity? I just bought a small 0.5% position at 12.10 BEP. Only entering these high risk high growth positions when they are on sale. Curious how many people are in it.

If it drops further I'll double down to a 1% position and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    After a few months of silence on this, news today saying the FDA will decide on whether to approve the phase 3 trial or not by the end of July.

AGM was today.
    Looking at 2 years before results if phase 3 goes ahead. A year of recruitment and then takes 12 months from last patient recruited.
    Cash reserves are good though as their US partner Avion are funding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

NNDM almost back to 9$, another company I've good long term faith in, they are directly printing electronic circuits, very interesting and real cutting edge technology. By everything I see they have a several year headstart on any of their competitors. Its most certainly a long term play and very early days in the whole technology, and no guarantees they will succeed, but I like how their CEO took full advantage of the late 2020 stock market boom, and he raised the equivalent of 6$ per share in capital in diluting shares, in an almost SPAC like manner, he's spelt out clearly how he's hoping to spend this capital, in scaling up production and buying other companies in the space to improve the technology. Their share price certainly hasn't been for the faint hearted, from $1.50 last sept, to a peak of 17$ in Jan, back to 6 in march, but its been steadily forming a base the last few months again, and if the whole growth market kicks off again it wouldn't surprise me if they raise more capital with more shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Positive results out of the $CRSP sickle cell disease long term trial.

Complex info on a small group but I think all genomics stock will rise this week.

I reiterate anything below $130 is a buy for $CRSP, $BEAM also looking good.

$CRSP will acquire $VRTX. I hold both.

$CRSP at 165 premarket today. I think we’ll see some profit taking and we’ll find a new base resistance at 150-160.

We will see another ATH in 2021, but plenty of volatility

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Timmaay wrote: »
    NNDM almost back to 9$, another company I've good long term faith in, they are directly printing electronic circuits, very interesting and real cutting edge technology. By everything I see they have a several year headstart on any of their competitors. Its most certainly a long term play and very early days in the whole technology, and no guarantees they will succeed, but I like how their CEO took full advantage of the late 2020 stock market boom, and he raised the equivalent of 6$ per share in capital in diluting shares, in an almost SPAC like manner, he's spelt out clearly how he's hoping to spend this capital, in scaling up production and buying other companies in the space to improve the technology. Their share price certainly hasn't been for the faint hearted, from $1.50 last sept, to a peak of 17$ in Jan, back to 6 in march, but its been steadily forming a base the last few months again, and if the whole growth market kicks off again it wouldn't surprise me if they raise more capital with more shares.

My BEP is just below $11 so it's got some way to go for me to get back in the green. I think I mentioned on another recent post that I'm considering closing out NNDM soon (it's been my worst performer in my portfolio). I agree that a new base is forming around the 7.50-8 range so I'm not afraid of a big drop from this level. I'm watching for it to approach the 11.50 recent high. It could continue it's run to that level but from there I'm not sure which way it'll go. If it breaks out c'est la vie but if it falls back again I may look for a lower entry.

• Advertisement

CCIV up 5% pre-market.

I'm slowly taking profits here.
    Only 53,000 cars planned for 2023.....if this gets close to previous highs anytime soon it will be very surprising. Going to keep some shares but will be a very small % of my portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Valhallapt wrote: »
    $CRSP at 165 premarket today. I think we’ll see some profit taking and we’ll find a new base resistance at 150-160.

We will see another ATH in 2021, but plenty of volatility

Rise is due to results from Intellia/Regeneron Transthyretin (ATTR) Amyloidosis trials which was updated on friday. Results were super good, and makes the whole crspr space very positive. I think someone had tipped Intellia here a while back, well done to them

CCIV up 5% pre-market.

I'm slowly taking profits here.
    Only 53,000 cars planned for 2023.....if this gets close to previous highs anytime soon it will be very surprising. Going to keep some shares but will be a very small % of my portfolio

Regretting having held it all the way down to 17 and then selling when it rose and dipped back to my BEP of 22.2, but it was a bit too big a position for me also. Tesla dreams. I think if it dips back to low 20's I'll buy a position. I don't think I should have sold off entirely.

cronos wrote: »
    Regretting having held it all the way down to 17 and then selling when it rose and dipped back to my BEP of 22.2, but it was a bit too big a position for me also. Tesla dreams. I think if it dips back to low 20's I'll buy a position. I don't think I should have sold off entirely.

I wasn't in it until after it dropped considerably and have a BEP of $21.4. I do think there will be another run on EV stocks this year but it's a stock that could do anything and I'm slowly moving to less riskier ones I've more confidence in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

JDE Peet's N.V. (JDEP.AS)
    Ex-dividend date is July 12th 2021
    0.35 (1.12%)
    I'm hoping for the stock itself to get back to ~€40 with the reopening

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    My BEP is just below $11 so it's got some way to go for me to get back in the green. I think I mentioned on another recent post that I'm considering closing out NNDM soon (it's been my worst performer in my portfolio). I agree that a new base is forming around the 7.50-8 range so I'm not afraid of a big drop from this level. I'm watching for it to approach the 11.50 recent high. It could continue it's run to that level but from there I'm not sure which way it'll go. If it breaks out c'est la vie but if it falls back again I may look for a lower entry.

Be 1st, be smarter, or cheat, quote from the film the Margin call, and I'm certainly not capable of the 2nd or 3rd one, I got lucky with NNDM and got in around 3$ at the initial hype back in October, that's largely the only difference between me and someone like you who were unlucky to of bought just before that major dip. Cronos you talking about too big of a position in CCIV, its certainly another lesson I've learnt from 2021, growth stocks are guaranteed to be volatile at some stage, its all well and good building up large positions when everything is rosy and stock's only going up, but you gotta be thinking about the bigger picture and how you will handle a 50% drop which can be around any corner. Personally I'm getting better at taking some profits along the way, and aiming for the bigger picture of the likes of a 20% overall portfolio growth PA, rather than 2x, 3x on individual stock's and being deluded that 4x has to come etc.

Be 1st, be smarter, or cheat, quote from the film the Margin call, and I'm certainly not capable of the 2nd or 3rd one, I got lucky with NNDM and got in around 3$ at the initial hype back in October, that's largely the only difference between me and someone like you who were unlucky to of bought just before that major dip. Cronos you talking about too big of a position in CCIV, its certainly another lesson I've learnt from 2021, growth stocks are guaranteed to be volatile at some stage, its all well and good building up large positions when everything is rosy and stock's only going up, but you gotta be thinking about the bigger picture and how you will handle a 50% drop which can be around any corner. Personally I'm getting better at taking some profits along the way, and aiming for the bigger picture of the likes of a 20% overall portfolio growth PA, rather than 2x, 3x on individual stock's and being deluded that 4x has to come etc.

This is where I am currently. Slowly moving to good stocks that will offer slow consistent growth over the long term instead of 2/3X in the space of a couple of months. These are also ones that if a correction does occur will drop less as well.

Want to have around 9/10 stocks which are 5-8% of my portfolio and then a small number of more speculative ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Easten wrote: »
    Rise is due to results from Intellia/Regeneron Transthyretin (ATTR) Amyloidosis trials which was updated on friday. Results were super good, and makes the whole crspr space very positive. I think someone had tipped Intellia here a while back, well done to them

Ya cheers, I owe them a pint whoever it was. I was just about to dump last week too.

So... Intellia... Hold or sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

This is where I am currently. Slowly moving to good stocks that will offer slow consistent growth over the long term instead of 2/3X in the space of a couple of months. These are also ones that if a correction does occur will drop less as well.

Want to have around 9/10 stocks which are 5-8% of my portfolio and then a small number of more speculative ones.

Pretty much exactly the same here. I've 17 stocks the moment (was at 20) and it's taking away from my best winners. So, I'm gradually either trimming losers that I don't have strong conviction on, or taking profits on the small speculative stocks that have had a nice run. That's going in to fewer stocks with higher conviction. I'd like to get to 7/8 stocks that I'm heavy into, with another 4/5 speculative ones. I really want to avoid getting pulled in to every flavour of the week stock and ending back up with 20+ stocks.

Perion network (PERI), which is a company in the digital marketing, and another good boardies tip, nice 15% breakout yesterday, no real news to backup this price jump though ha?

Someone obviously had abit of inside information last week ha, big beat on earnings announced today, so another 10% increase in their share price. I've a large enough position in them still, but comfortable with it, they are a growth stock with a PE ratio of 53, however very good revenue growth the last year, and that whole sector is making very good profits and won't go away anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Bacchus wrote: »
    Pretty much exactly the same here. I've 17 stocks the moment (was at 20) and it's taking away from my best winners. So, I'm gradually either trimming losers that I don't have strong conviction on, or taking profits on the small speculative stocks that have had a nice run. That's going in to fewer stocks with higher conviction. I'd like to get to 7/8 stocks that I'm heavy into, with another 4/5 speculative ones. I really want to avoid getting pulled in to every flavour of the week stock and ending back up with 20+ stocks.

I've 38 stocks at the moment and thinking the same. Going to cut my losses on probably 10 of these and keep close to 75% big name stock and 5% more risky ones. Few reasons, main one is managing that many stocks takes up too much time and also although I am very well diversified they are still stocks. I am going to keep 20% cash also for those days when something looks attractive to buy or another dip comes. If I had more cash the last few months when most stocks dipped it would have been easy pickings to turn some profit.

Anyone buying Sofi on the dip? Seems to have dropped to a good entry. I'm slowly DCA'ing into it.

Damb, should have bought way more Viacom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

SPACS are back baby

buyer95 wrote: »
    SPACS are back baby

Haha not quite. I'm still waiting for GSAH, HZON , FMAC , IPOD, IPOF and PTSH to run. May never happen, have to have a think about reducing my pre deal SPAC exposure, hopefully not though. I'd love them to run.

• Advertisement

FISV Fiserv seems to be in a decent price to buy. So bought a small position. I suspect I'm building an index fund at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Easten wrote: »

Yes all genomics are up. I have Intellia with a BEP of $21, wish I had more…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Haha not quite. I'm still waiting for GSAH, HZON , FMAC , IPOD, IPOF and PTSH to run. May never happen, have to have a think about reducing my pre deal SPAC exposure, hopefully not though. I'd love them to run.

I'm just happy that FRX(Which I see has changed it's name) and CCIV are finally making a recovery. Glad I held, I bought at what was nearly the top with both unfortunately

I don't see PSTH running until it's close to de-SPACs which is the end of the year at the moment, not unless PSTH-Remainco announces a merger prior to this anyway.

I don't see PSTH running until it's close to de-SPACs which is the end of the year at the moment, not unless PSTH-Remainco announces a merger prior to this anyway.

O I agree totally. But then again a lot of things are running on nothing these days. Although Stocktwits amuses me when they still try and think Remainco is Stripe. Comedy gold.

Anyone buying Sofi on the dip? Seems to have dropped to a good entry. I'm slowly DCA'ing into it.

Nice recovery by SOFI this evening!
    Down by 3% to up by 5%!

Nice recovery by SOFI this evening!
    Down by 3% to up by 5%!

Didn't hold it but I'm long on this so it going down is just more opportunity to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bought Coinbase last week the day Bitcoin dropped below $30000 , up 10.8 % since

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

anyone know anything about why #MRIN was up 96% today? cant find any news or press releases on them

• Advertisement

anyone know anything about why #MRIN was up 96% today? cant find any news or press releases on them

Little bit of everything coming together for a gamma squeeze of sorts I think.

They integrated Instacart Ads into one of their platforms which is huge for them, have a low float, some short interest and WSB interest.

Advertisement