Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

cc87 wrote: »
    Little bit of everything coming together for a gamma squeeze of sorts I think.

They integrated Instacart Ads into one of their platforms which is huge for them, have a low float, some short interest and WSB interest.

By the looks of the after market trades already in the billion mark across the board tomorrow is going to be something either big or the start of a downturn..

#SPY just had 270 million (633600 shares) brought..... Has the battle begun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cronos wrote: »
    Didn't hold it but I'm long on this so it going down is just more opportunity to buy.

Bought some today @17.85 but not going to be a LTH hold for me. Will watch it recover and get out when I like the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Bought some today @17.85 but not going to be a LTH hold for me. Will watch it recover and get out when I like the price

I'd be thinking $24 or $25 is possible again in the short term given the rest of the market performance. Very dependent on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

By the looks of the after market trades already in the billion mark across the board tomorrow is going to be something either big or the start of a downturn..

#SPY just had 270 million (633600 shares) brought..... Has the battle begun?

I’ve have a two week run of healthy green days. Due a red run at this stage. If today is good I might take some profits

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bought Glenveagh this morning , its pretty volatile but can see it rising 30% in the next year or so , covid opening delay keeping a lid on the stock

• Advertisement

Upcoming UK SPAC https://www.mtsplc.com/
    Targeting a Tech or Media company with growth potential.

IPO price will be 10p, aiming to raise £14m in total, 8m raised pre-IPO currently and hoping for £6m from IPO.

Available on PrimaryBid now for UK people.

Going in the right direction pre market.

UI Path is at a decent price I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

I like their product set! Really starting to see added use case for their technology - see upside in it over the next 2-3 years for sure

Anyone got any thoughts on Arrival. Seems to not have recovered well with a lot of other stocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

CPNG going on a run, up 12% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Howdy folks, with delta variant a lot of travel stocks have corrected in the last few weeks and some are down nearly 20% from their recent highs....Would say it's not a bad idea to nibble at them. IAG, TUI to name a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Off topic but I saw a fella today with an Etoro t-shirt, where'd he pick that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

What's general feeling about Carlotz. It's running around $5.50 from peak of $12.00 in Jan. Even if it gets up to $9, it will be decent return in few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bish76 wrote: »
    What's general feeling about Carlotz. It's running around $5.50 from peak of $12.00 in Jan. Even if it gets up to $9, it will be decent return in few months.
    This stock was being pumped a lot by the WSB crew so I'd take that "high" with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Its hard to value stocks that went public recently,

Although from first glance it is definitely worth keeping an eye on.

A market cap of 610M is interesting considering it seemingly has 250M in short Term Investments & Cash, resulting in about 230M net assets.(very quick look)

Some of the "analysts Forecasts" on this are crazy, predicting 725M for yearly revenue for 2022, it was 145M over the last 12 months for reference.

Last earnings was on the 10th of may, and well the market didn't seem to like it as share price fell 30% from May 7th - May 13th

Its something I havn't looked into yet but definitely will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Thanks @Sherdite27 and @sirboby. Decided to take a punt- my BEP is $5.6 and I will wait for it to play out in next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Treppen wrote: »
    Ya cheers, I owe them a pint whoever it was. I was just about to dump last week too.

So... Intellia... Hold or sell?

Ok up again today, so I'm up 128% at the moment... Think I'll just park it and see where this goes .

The $12 high was pre-WSB pump. The WSB pump was earlier this month and took it from around 5.30 to 7.30, it’s slowly declined again since.

At the last earnings, it came out that one of their main suppliers has paused supplying them as other dealerships were paying a higher price for cars which is why the SP dropped. Used car prices are stupidly high currently in the US with used cars fetching a higher price than new cars in some areas. Up 10% year over year in April and a further 7% in May as well. It’s one of the areas that’s driving up inflation perceptions.

They are opening new dealerships on a monthly basis and still have ones lined up for this year.

I’ve a BEP of $7 having DCA’d into them. I do think any price under 6$ is a good one for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Associated British Foods will be providing a trading update on Thurs, could be a possible catalyst for a little bump in share price.
    Now my third biggest holding, opening 12 new stores this year, expanding in the US and Eastern Europe (All leveraging their economies of scale). Should benefit from the closures of Debenhams and arcadia etc. via reduced rents (upto 50%, with about 5-10 stores having a rent review each year).
    Expect a 1.5-2% dividend in 2022, average analyst estimate is 27.50, roughly 20% increase from current share price.
    The share price has done nothing in the past 5 years though which is a slight concern, overall a safe stock, in a world where fundamentals seem to go out the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

jams100 wrote: »
    Associated British Foods will be providing a trading update on Thurs, could be a possible catalyst for a little bump in share price.
    A stock i always meant to get in to but never did.
    Now the eur-gbp rate is crap its less appealing
    One of those "I wish i did it then, now I wish it would drop so I could rectify that'

Thanks @Sherdite27 and @sirboby. Decided to take a punt- my BEP is $5.6 and I will wait for it to play out in next few months.

If it reaches $4.5 again I'm going to give it a punt. But for now it's the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lowest volume day yesterday since last Christmas apparently, dont know if there is a summer lull normally or something to be concerned about. The buffet indicator is off the charts too but then again interest rates have never been so low for so long, hard to know how to put all this together?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Damn, I'm trying to reduce the number of stocks I hold, and had a (since forgotten) mental note to check back in on UIPath after the IPO dust had settled. As you say, looks like a good entry point. I'll either have to sell to buy, or break my monthly max allocation to get in.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Damn, I'm trying to reduce the number of stocks I hold, and had a (since forgotten) mental note to check back in on UIPath after the IPO dust had settled. As you say, looks like a good entry point. I'll either have to sell to buy, or break my monthly max allocation to get in.

I averaged down a little yesterday with a buy at 66.8

It actually dropped to $66 on open but was so quick I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I averaged down a little yesterday with a buy at 66.8

It actually dropped to $66 on open but was so quick I missed it.

It's touched the $65-66 mark several times since IPO. Hopefully that's a good indication of a strong floor there. No-one's selling below that level. The only way is up*

* it could always go down of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A lot of chatter on WSB about SOFI, interesting to watch today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    A lot of chatter on WSB about SOFI, interesting to watch today.

If it dip's back into the $17's I'll buy more. I have a 5% position at a BEP around 19.7 currently so adding in the 17's brings down the average a bit which suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Intellia up again 20% today . At $182 currently.
    Sweet.

Is there any medical stock comparable to this one in terms of a long term hold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Treppen wrote: »
    Intellia up again 20% today . At $182 currently.
    Sweet.

Is there any medical stock comparable to this one in terms of a long term hold?

Up to $195, I have a paper profit of 400% now :eek:

Advertisement