Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

need to sell COB thursday ? buy back mon morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

A full week with no posts...sad the way this thread/forum has gone. Im not a fan of discord so will keep to this and twitter for stock news.

Absolute carnage this week, nearing the May troughs again. Then again I keep buying in thinking I'm bargain hunting, but QS, FROG, CPNG, LMND keep dropping...

Only bright spot is Atlassian (TEAM), first got on that at $70 in 2018, currently $336

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yeah the crypto forum stayed here but most of the share picks posters moved to discord. A lot of people here are heavy in growth stocks and they've been doing poor lately so that might have kept people away too, less posts on red days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Can't be bothered with Discord. They'll all come back eventually....as soon as there's something to read here.

On that note....these have to be bargains at this stage .. $MP, $GOED, $ANVS, $LBPS ?? 🤷‍♂️

GAN another one thats dropped heavily, was under $14 yesterday

Results a bit worse than expected, but still plenty of room for growth with them. Bought a few more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Took quite a leveraged position in Amazon today. Think over the next 6 to 12 months its a no brainer. Was surprised to get such an entry price recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

BABA gone to $160 now. How low will it go?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Christ I used to have to literally use spreadsheets and watchlists to keep up with this thread and look at it now, 3 day gaps between posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭antimatterx

The lack of activity is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Anyone have thoughts on airline stocks? I dipped my toe in a few months ago when they were just about to rise, but they've slumped -15-20% since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

The way the Delta variant is spreading I think that airline stocks will take a long time to recover.

The busy Summer rebound that was needed was diluted with requirements for PCR tests, green and amber lists etc Resulted in people, especially families, staycationing as it was too much hassle to plan a trip abroad.

Having said all that I think there is good value to be had in airline stocks at the moment but I would wait as they still have further to fall I reckon. A Summer bump had been factored into many airline share prices hence the current drop.

I am holding AIG and will be holding long term now. For those already holding it might be a good chance to bring down your BEP by adding gradually over the coming months/year.

That's my tuppence worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Gone below the Covid lows now. It's all about that one huge regulatory risk, but I still think the risk/reward is there. If it were a US company it would be $500 a share. I'm adding, but fairly cautiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ya, a lot of the top US investors bought in at around the $220 to $230 mark. Charlie Munger and Mohnish Pabrai both bought in at $226 this year.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

The problem isn't the companies though. It's the Chinese government. I'm still holding with about 7% of my portfolio at BEP 208, I may up that to 10% of my portfolio to try and get my average down to 180 to 190 if I'm lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Just to throw it out for anyone interested, two great companies currently undervalued with great earnings and growth potential in next 12 months.

Darling Ingredients ticker is $DAL great company with PE of 24 only with lots of potential in the emerging eat healthier market, smashed their last earning report out of the park. I can see an upside of 40%+ in the next 12 months.

ViacomCBS ticker is $ VIAC this is particularly interesting share discount main reason for drop was Bill Hwang's demise and the share dilution a few months later, the board have learnt from that mistake and with it's new streaming services expanding great upside in the next 12 months.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Pilbarra up 14%. What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

NASDAQ.......Ticker $CARA.... Very nice gain today, I took a chance on the company getting the FDA approval came in just before close.... market halted and re opened after market closed up 30% roughly in A/H trade this is going to be one hell of a ride tomorrow......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

4D moving nicely today. I've had my hopes dashed many times before, but one of these days a long-term hold will surely pay off?

2 million shares purchased yesterday. All eyes on US markets opening...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Picked up a little bit of Holcim LeFarge (SWX: HOLN) should be a beneficiary of Joe Biden's infrastructure bill. Its on a low teens P/E compared to the likes of CRH which is P/E of 34.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone still holding PSTH? should have sold it at the height of SPAC mania :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah still holding, not expecting any return from it at this stage. We'll get our $20 back and that'll be that. Anything else is a bonus. He released a letter about it last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭littlevillage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Nah sold it for Nvidia, you could be waiting a long time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Anyone here in VACQ/RKLB? I wonder how it will perform today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Yep shoulda, coulda, woulda but I am still holding and low/no expectations at this stage.

Post edited by MAJJ on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Nice 10% drop in ABBV today. Can't see any particular news....soo snapped up a couple of shares. Its been on my radar for some time.

Anybody know why the sudden drop occured?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I know a few here own $ARB, went to buy more this week on Degiro and they have now blocked purchases, due to it being crytpo related. I imagine it's the same for $Mara, $Riot etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of this change and received the same blocking message when I tried to purchase more ARB.

I've just emailed Degiro to ask for some clarification and will post their response once received.

• Advertisement

Alibaba announces commitment to invest billions in 'Common Prosperity' by 2025, presumably under pressure from the Chinese Government.

Looks like it may dip again today on the back of that.

Advertisement