Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭jams100

ABF Final year results today.

Overall good guidance. No share buybacks but a small special dividend on top of a final dividend.

A stock I sleep very well with owning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

I saw this on Metromile/Lemonade.

19 Metromile shares for 1 lemonade share. There looks to be an arbitrage opening on this. If somebody held a reasonable amount of lemonade that they were planning on holding long term it might be more advantageous to sell Lemonade/buy metromile and wait it out.

for example 19 Metromile @ 3.44 = 65.36, vs 1 Lemonade @ 66.03 (currently).

factor in buy/sell fees though and there may be a small profit to be taken.

Assumption is this deal is 100% going to happen and no chance of it being cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fazorb

Anyone else bought into Rivian Automotive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I tried to short it just there but my IG spreadbetting account won't let me lol. 120billion valuation is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

Agree it’s buts, but shorting it could be even more nuts the way IPO’s have played out, and then there’s the ev industry in general…..risk of being burned even if right

• Advertisement

Actually. Speaking of IPO’s, does anyone know of a database where I could check a list of IPO’s by year over, say, the last decade? Can’t seem to find a reliable source from googling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,050 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see Saudi Public Investment Fund bought 1 billion shares in Lucid, they now own nearly 63% of it. Lucid results out at close today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,859 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I see Buffett didn't buy any BABA shares last quarter. He doesn't own any yet.

DATAROMA Superinvestors Portfolio Holdings

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Lads can someone advise on CGT related to SPACS.

I bought CCIV and held all the way through merger. On the merger date the CCIV shares were sold and converted to LUCID shares. Is CGT due for this transaction?

Also if I sell shares now is CGT based on date shares bought pre merger or post merger?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't think there's explicit guidance one way or another, but yes CGT is due on the total gain. If ya didn't pay it at the CCIV/Lucid merger point, then when you sell Ludid shares you calculate it on the gain from the amount you invested in CCIV to the amount you received from selling Lucid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Why did higher inflation figures in the UK make the sterling value go up rather than down? Or is the euro just that worthless at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Higher inflation means greater probability UK interest rates rise meaning UK currency rises in value

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭theboringfox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone still on GAN? Absolute disaster currently in on BABA too. Might just uninstall my degiro account here for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Bought Visa at $200 yesterday. Have no idea how this Amazon fiasco will play out but worth a shot

GANs investor relations conference set out long term targets:

2023 Rev 225-250M

2026 Rev 500-600M

Long term EBITDA of 30-35%

Look at their performance over the coming 24 months in perspective of the guidance they issued. Don't look at the daily/weekly shares price.

I've added another bit yesterday. The CEO added around these current prices a number of weeks ago which should give a little more reassurance.

If they hit those targets over the next 5 years the stock should be (imo) ~$25 (That's 20% growth per year, but would probably happen quite happen in a short space of time. (The longer the base, the higher the space).

That 20% per year is all based on them actually executing. Hence why I will watch over the next 12-24, months

EDIT: Just saw the CEO (Smurfit sold $500k of shares a few days ago, not a great sign...He still owns $24million however)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Pray for me.

Down over 5% overall today and growing, mostly down to BABA. (40% of my portfolio)

My portfolio is only up 3% overall in a massive bull market which worries me. BABA I am down 5k. ****! 🤑

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Still in GAN, but profited from that a few times before so may load up again. Sold half my BABA a few weeks back, still think theres more room to fall on that. So those 2 arent pulling me down that much today. However, everything else is, my portfolio currently down 2.7%, only LG, ABF and PSTH(!) in the green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,859 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'm getting hammered today too on both BABA and Twitter. Still up on both, the great thing about buying cheap. I wonder how low will BABA go. Might buy some more.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement

And Smurfit sells another 155k shares ($1.9M).

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

I just saw that aswell..I'm bag holding a 40 percent loss at this stage not massive money but still, time to cut losses and jump too?

I'm not happy about him selling, so won't be averaging down (yet).

Fundamentally the stock isn't too bad at current prices, so going to hold and see what happens with insiders.

It's only about 3% of my portfolio anyway so won't do too much damage for me. I do like the general gambling sector esp in America. (Big TAM). Given good guidance out to 2026, if they hit their numbers then there's a good payoff here (*if*).

Going to hold for now and see how they execute, I hope Smurfit is done selling now, not good watching a CEO selling shares when you think they are fairly valued. (Makes my nose itchy)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Not pretty viewing, what kind of positive reasons would a ceo be selling at 52w low share prices if he didn't think it was going lower? Everything in the sector has been taking a hammering though.

At least its giving me a balanced portfolio as my gan losses are wiping out my cloudflare gains. Was tempted to sell both yday as they are making me a little nervous for the opposite reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Don't worry too much about CEO sales, could be anything, tax bill, diversifying, buy a new house/yacht. He still owns plenty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I had some GAN but fortunately got out when things started to turn.

I think the US gambling story is still intact, but I prefer more pure gambling plays as opposed to gambling product provider companies like GAN.

The whole gambling sector is taking a hammering, right now. I have Draftkings, Penn national and Flutter. Well underwater on all of them.

Correct, but you also shouldn't ignore it completely either. He's on a pretty big salary ($2m) so really he shouldn't be selling shares. (Obviously there could be many reasons he is selling (Medical expenses etc.). One to keep an eye on, if other insiders were to start selling I'd then get worried. We'll see over the coming days / weeks if he's done selling.

Also its a little strange as he bought shares back in Aug for like $13 and two months later sells shares for $12.20. Just something to keep an eye on.

Anyone else having a bloodbath?

Really annoyed at myself for jumping out of the "safer" stocks about two weeks ago and concentrating my picks down to 23, am sure in the long run it'll be okay but feel a bit gutted to be stuck on: TDOC, PLTR, BABA, FUBO, PELO, FVRR, DKNG as feel like there is definitely a few dogs in this pile.

The couple I shed to focus on growthier names have of course all steadily risen while my portfolio drops

I have massive faith in others that have pulled back that I'm holding like DOCU, CRWD, PYPL, MELI just feel like I should pause for a few weeks rather than keeping up the DCA'ing

With my first proper 12 month of investing coming around in Feb I expect to be down, shouldnt really matter as I'm planning on holding for 5+ years but its just a psychological box I wanted to tick especially after being up around the 10% for nearly all of the last 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm in the green overall by like 0.5%. I was up 12% and I have a sizeable portfolio. BABA is like 40% of my portfolio so I'm getting pummeled and I have Lemonade, Draftkings, Crispr too and they're all getting hammered too.

• Advertisement

It any little downwards bumps since start of the year I kept jumping to buy a little more to lower average, still have a bit of cash on the sideline but maybe might let the knife fall as they say. Seems my little exercise of trying not be a mini mutual fund (I was in 45 stocks) came at the worse time possible

Advertisement