Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

GameStop about to go negative for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

jams100 wrote: »
    Kind of nice to know I don't own any of them, in saying that fair play to anyone who does and has made a bit of money. I'm just not looking for pump and dump stocks.

Out of those 39 I'd say crowdstrike is probably the only one I'd consider going with, but even that needs a pullback

some have great potential but the price run-up doesn't justify anymore.

had PLTR, sold on friday close and after this mornings run-up wasn't happy but this pull-back soothes my pain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭positron

I bet someone played that "4d chess" with GME, with investors as well as /r/wallstreetbets and walked away with millions.

Fair play to those who were suggesting GME here months ago (and I was skeptical then as Sony etc was turning digital. I could not foresee what happened in last few weeks. Well done.

I got greedy and bought some BB this morning, and sold after (and lost a few quid, but no major loss).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Any get burned on $GME today. Arse has fallen out of it in the last few hours

Probably $13bn (and counting) worth of shares traded, mad stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Small money I know but made €192 in the space of an hour. It's like being in Vegas.

For the sake I honesty I should say I bought back in again and lost €180.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭crushproof

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Probably $13bn (and counting) worth of shares traded, mad stuff

Absolute insanity, what a start to the week. Fascinating to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

just bought 16 GME @$66 on the button

i bought @ $35 a week ago and sold following day @ $43 , see how it goes , doubt i hold over night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Sold 10 GME at $140 and bought 5 at $79 hoping for a bounce that didn't come. Will keep holding for a few days and see what happens. Probably bail if it goes below $60.

circadian wrote: »
    Sold 10 GME at $140 and bought 5 at $79 hoping for a bounce that didn't come. Will keep holding for a few days and see what happens. Probably bail if it goes below $60.

if it goes that low , chances are it drops to circa $43 as that was its ceiling for a few days last week , you might not want to risk that kind of low though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Stolen from the gaming thread, sums it up :D

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1353772979214278657?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

RedRochey wrote: »

I dont get this, what is trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

SmokyMo wrote: »
    I dont get this, what is trying to say?

Gamestop buy your second hand games off you but for a lot less than they cost you new. Anyone today who bought shares at the top can sell them for a fraction of that now they've fallen.

Anyone any idea what was the deal with flash sell across all sectors? Algos tripping over?

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Gamestop buy your second hand games off you but for a lot less than they cost you new. Anyone today who bought shares at the top can sell them for a fraction of that now they've fallen.

ooohhh haha I am slow today.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

GME looked like an infinity squeeze at one point today. I thought it might arc up to $200.

That is one hell of a transfer of wealth from those on the wrong side to those on the right side of that trade.

Of course, it is a dog but that makes little difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭cal naughton

Gevo over 14 at time of posting. Still lots to run with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

The last hour should be interesting. Either will go up with investors buying back what they sold at peak today for a lot less or will crash with everyone looking to cash out before marked closes.

dan786 wrote: »
    The last hour should be interesting. Either will go up with investors buying back what they sold at peak today for a lot less or will crash with everyone looking to cash out before marked closes.

dont think so , its not a " pump n dump " , its been long and strong for nearly a week now so should have some legs for another while

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Gevo over 14 at time of posting. Still lots to run with this.

How far can this go ?

Looking at this stock, and tis mental, yo yo effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

How far can this go ?

Looking at this stock, and tis mental, yo yo effect.

$100 in 3 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmythehat16

Agree 100% in CEO. I invested despite of the CEO! My view is that with a varied pipeline that size, they have so many major shots on goal, one or two might stick! The BO offers were very cloak and dagger alright.....but I thought his behavior was almost so blatant that they had to have genuine offers otherwise he would be leaving himself open to massive legal repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

cc87 wrote: »
    BFT with a nice after market rise last night on the back of a Jim Cramer plug.

GHIV/UWMC is looking tempting at $11.30.

Second highest mortgage provider in the US with Rocket being no.1 trading at just under $20

CEO has supposedly said $0.40 dividend and looking to increase

I own some rkt, only noticed UWMC today when I was trying to figure out on twitter what caused the rkt 15% pop.
    I see more growth potential in rkt with the direct to consumer approach but a decent proportion of their success is in refi which will come to an end naturally or with increased rates.
    The fact there's two of them after going public makes me cynical that they're just cyclicals trying to cash in at the peak now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmythehat16

Thanks, some good detail there; i've a small position with BCLI and a larger one with ALLO (Allogene).

BCLI could have a market cap like ALLO if they succeed in ALS or MS trial, sky is the limit if both.

CAR T looks to have huge potential, I hope companies like ALLO are successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 uljha.insaan

Hi,

Have been reading for a while and some of the posts here are very insightful.
    First time poster and looking for suggestions to start investing. For now, I have 2700 Euros to start with and I don't need this money for foreseeable future. Moreover, will also try to add 200-250 Euros per month. I am not looking for day or frequent trading and only going for long term investments, even if growth is low (will be more than happy with returns of 9--10 percent). I was looking to split investment into following 3 categories:

-> Vanguard S&P 500 or Gold (1/3)
    -> Microsoft or Apple (1/3)

And rest of 1/3 in some high risk and high gain equity. Will look a bit into SRNE or BCLI (pharmaceutical stocks someone mentioned on this forum a while ago)

Any suggestions if this looks like a reasonable start or should make changes? There is so much information out there that its a bit overwhelming.
    Appreciate all the help,
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Hi,

First time poster and looking for suggestions to start investing. For now, I have 2700 Euros to start with and I don't need this money for foreseeable future. Moreover, will also try to add 200-250 Euros per month. I am not looking for day or frequent trading and only going for long term investments, even if growth is low (will be more than happy with returns of 9--10 percent). I was looking to split investment into following 3 categories:

And rest of 1/3 in some high risk and high gain equity. Will look a bit into SRNE or BCLI (pharmaceutical stocks someone mentioned on this forum a while ago)

Any suggestions if this looks like a reasonable start or should make changes? There is so much information out there that its a bit overwhelming.
    Appreciate all the help,
    Thanks,

Look back at posts from 5-7 days ago a few people put some long term picks in around those dates.

My Longterm picks in order are:

1. LiveNation (Duopoly)
    2. SAP (Transition to cloud - relatively new/young CEO, company will also generally benefit when covid abates...concur their travel expenses tool has crumbled since covid, that should recover somewhat. 95 of the top 100 fortune companies use SAP so they are another relatively recession proof company)
    3. Diageo (Recession proof/consumer staples)
    4 Nvidia (Chips are just in everything these days/data centres booming/online gaming also booming)
    5. Wells Fargo (As American/global economy recovers Wells will recover in line, also a new-ish CEO, maybe a good turnaround story).

And then with a pullback I'd go with Alphabet/Amazon
    I want to get into PayPal longterm but I'm holding out for a pullback as I'm already well diversified.

Goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 uljha.insaan

jams100 wrote: »
    Look back at posts from 5-7 days ago a few people put some long term picks in around those dates.

My Longterm picks in order are:

1. LiveNation (Duopoly)
    2. SAP (Transition to cloud - relatively new/young CEO, company will also generally benefit when covid abates...concur their travel expenses tool has crumbled since covid, that should recover somewhat. 95 of the top 100 fortune companies use SAP so they are another relatively recession proof company)
    3. Diageo (Recession proof/consumer staples)
    4 Nvidia (Chips are just in everything these days/data centres booming/online gaming also booming)
    5. Wells Fargo (As American/global economy recovers Wells will recover in line, also a new-ish CEO, maybe a good turnaround story).

And then with a pullback I'd go with Alphabet/Amazon
    I want to get into PayPal longterm but I'm holding out for a pullback as I'm already well diversified.

Goodluck!

Thanks, This is helpful. I will go through previous posts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Interesting. I own 3 on there. Companies in the process of massive growth are always going to have ratios that look a bit mad, so I'm not too offput by this, but definitely interesting reading.

Also, no Tesla on the list, surprising.

Ya, I was looking for Tesla too. I see it went over $900 today.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Hi,

Appreciate all the help,
    Thanks,

Buying speculative pharma stocks mentioned on a forum is not the way to go.
    They could have massive upside...but very few actually acheive it.
    In pharma look at J&J, Bristol Myers not xyz therapeutics with a great pipeline and multiple shots on goal but that in all likelihood will just disappoint as they go from trial to trial using the occasional pops on good news to issue more shares so they have more cash to burn on more trials that flatter to decieve while insiders get rich but nobody gets cured.

In EV Volkswagen looks good value. Avoid every type of bandwagon EV start up that might be 5x in a month and non existent in a few years. Related to this, Alcoa, aluminium will be in big demand also.

The cloud space is another that will only grow, CrowdStrike should perform very well.

There are plenty of big established businesses with excellent growth prospects without resorting to unproven companies with huge values and low revenues let alone profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I own some rkt, only noticed UWMC today when I was trying to figure out on twitter what caused the rkt 15% pop.
    I see more growth potential in rkt with the direct to consumer approach but a decent proportion of their success is in refi which will come to an end naturally or with increased rates.
    The fact there's two of them after going public makes me cynical that they're just cyclicals trying to cash in at the peak now though.

Interesting article on UWMC here. https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara/2021/01/23/how-mat-ishbia-cashed-in-on-the-biggest-spac-ever-from-benchwarmer-to-13-billion/?sh=2acb5e327a33

I'm pretty sure I read 80% of shares are owned by either the two brothers that manage it or staff. As much as they are looking to make cash quickly, they did it by giving away as little as they could get away with.

I feel like their share price will come good over the next few months and end up a long term hold eventually for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

cc87 wrote: »
    Interesting article on UWMC here. https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara/2021/01/23/how-mat-ishbia-cashed-in-on-the-biggest-spac-ever-from-benchwarmer-to-13-billion/?sh=2acb5e327a33

I'm pretty sure I read 80% of shares are owned by either the two brothers that manage it or staff. As much as they are looking to make cash quickly, they did it by giving away as little as they could get away with.

I feel like their share price will come good over the next few months and end up a long term hold eventually for me.

Hope you're right, I'm nursing a 14% loss on this one.

Advertisement