Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Watch for American EV's busting today...apparently Biden wants to replace all fossil fuel vehicles.

Good stuff..

INRG ETF has been doing well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

neris wrote: »
    Looking at some of the cnbc clips on youtube from yesterday the "analysts" on there were really getting themselves in a tizzy over gamestop and how could this happen. These are the same analysts who pump whats in their portfolio when its on the way up. Anyone remember Luckin coffee??

there wall st buddies found themselves on the wrong end of a trade , CNBC is ok in small doses but they are shills for the big dogs at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭crushproof

BYND 40% up premarket. Joint venture with Pepsi

Ffs took ages for some money to be released yesterday and couldn't buy in time before close. This was next on my list, and of course this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I averaged down from 8.8 to 5! I'm not sure if emotionally I can buy more :pac:

I would say sell half and hold other half with a stoploss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Supercell wrote: »
    I like this author on seekingalpha, have found him to be more often right than wrong, going to take a position on PERI on Monday - https://seekingalpha.com/article/4399872-perion-network-raises-h2-2020-expectations-again-and-announces-50-million-follow-on-offering

Stock has a nice continuation triangle (pennant) too looking at it from a TA perspective.

Bought at $13.50 on Monday, currently $15.67, maybe 2021 is going to be my year :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Bought at $13.50 on Monday, currently $15.67, maybe 2021 is going to be my year :)

Perion recommendation looks like pump and dump to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Romeo Power looks decent on this Biden news. Was 34 in december now $20.45 up 10% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kilboor wrote: »
    Opened my position in Baozun yesterday, loaded a small bit probably 1% of my portfolio currently. I'm actually hoping for a drop in price short term with the worries around Jack Ma. Currently Alibaba hold 15% of Baozun so that might drive it down if things go further south in China.

My plan here is for Gamestop, a large part of my portfolio, to continue momentum towards earnings day and to hopefully offload an even bigger profit here into BZUN. The books are great and the year on year growth is even better. China is the largest ecommerce market in the world and American companies are seeing record sales here. These are the companies that use Baozun's services.

https://www.practicalecommerce.com/china-is-dominating-ecommerce

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tiffany-results/tiffany-beats-profit-estimates-on-soaring-china-demand-idUKKBN2841JF

Nike is a Baozun customer: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/nike-gains-as-china-and-online-sales-help-results-top-estimates

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

will WKHS do a GME? wouldn't mind, picked them up @20

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Darando

Kilboor wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Endless number of tips on this thread:) question is which to follow after doing your DD :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Behind a bloody paywall there, but I've been averaging into Perion Network since the 11s, another good innovation Israeli company. That share offering got bought up very quickly, share offerings use to be seen as a big negative but nowadays investors see it as a good thing for growth companies who will reinvest the capital fast. Very similar company to Digital Turbine (Apps), which had a monster run last year from like 3$ to 60, if Peri can achieve anything like that I'll be a happy man. Mgni and Flnt are 2 other good growth companies in this sector that I've been averaging into recently also.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Edesa seems to have settled, got a bit out at 8.50 and holding onto the rest waiting for conference. I'd expect a pull back tomorrow.. sickened it didn't rocket to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Darando wrote: »
    Endless number of tips on this thread:) question is which to follow after doing your DD :)

I've positions open in 34 different companies here the min, one of my aims was to simplify my trading and reduce the number of companies I'm in, but it's been too hard to break my addiction to lobbing afew quid into new companies the whole time ha. At least I've diversified my portfolio away from mostly NIO/NNDM and EVs ha.

Timmaay wrote: »
    I've positions open in 34 different companies here the min, one of my aims was to simplify my trading and reduce the number of companies I'm in, but it's been too hard to break my addiction to lobbing afew quid into new companies the whole time ha. At least I've diversified my portfolio away from mostly NIO/NNDM and EVs ha.

haha I had over 20 but have trimmed down a lot, wanted to buy lotz and Romeo power today but can't reduce any that I have. I already sold a few companies for CCIV money. Down to 13 companies which is easier to follow.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    haha I had over 20 but have trimmed down a lot, wanted to buy lotz and Romeo power today but can't reduce any that I have. I already sold a few companies for CCIV money. Down to 13 companies which is easier to follow.

Big pop on Romeo today, im going to wait for the pull back to jump in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Darando wrote: »

You need a plan. When you know the types of companies and returns you are willing to invest in then the rest just becomes background noise. Then like Hannibal above you light a big fat cigar and watch your plan come together.

sold GME @ $88 on the button , its higher now but a nice 33% - $334 gain in less than 24 hours from a spend of a little over a grand

it could go to $ 200 by the end of the week or back to $50 and below , fun to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Its moving fast again now, they halted it at 115

well i certainly blew my load too soon , thing is nearly $30 higher and trade halted

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    well i certainly blew my load too soon , thing is nearly $30 higher and trade halted

Dropping hard after that halt though, ive got some fun money in just to see if it hits 200+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I'm going to buy a new home gym. Or maybe a new home. All thanks to some retards on the internet.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Dropping hard after that halt though, ive got some fun money in just to see if it hits 200+

i should have just put in a stop loss which would still leave me a small profit , thought it would drop before this climb

lesson is you never really know anything

GazzaL wrote: »
    I'm going to buy a new home gym. Or maybe a new home. All thanks to some retards on the internet.

I believe the term of endearment you're looking for is "Stonks"

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i should have just put in a stop loss which would still leave me a small profit , thought it would drop before this climb

lesson is you never really know anything

Its dicey jumping in and out of that it's crazy, you were right to take some profit

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Timmaay wrote: »

I’m the same! I’ve bought into 25 stocks. Actually a very diversified portfolio and I’m happy with this, This has made WFH a bit more interesting 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Sold my very few GME shares at 105. Kicking myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 danbrozzer

dan786 wrote: »
    Sold my very few GME shares at 105. Kicking myself.
    Sick I didn't jump on board...no one would have predicted this nearly 150

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

As long as you made gains you can't kick yourself. Risk management is key. I sold half at $100 just because but the rest is free rolling now.

GME up 93% it could easily close over 100% and if it does what will opening look like tomorrow?

• Advertisement

I'd buy some GME but it'll like fall out its arse..

That is an insane day of trading on it. Talks on WSB of it going to 1000...

Advertisement