Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I think Burry works on the principle that all fundamentals will kick in eventually. Its served him well so far. Problem is the market can stay insane for a long time. Rumours and cult followers drive things crazy.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Kilboor wrote: »
    Edit: He's deleted the tweet now but said basically what has happened is wrong and unnatural and that there should be "Legal and regulatory repurcussions"

What's the argument... 'This isn't meant to be the way the market is manipulated!'?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

When the GME frenzy ends there'll be few ordinary Joes who thought theyd found the magic lamp getting shafted aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And speaking of Burry. Even as a shareholder he isn't happy

https://twitter.com/michaeljburry/status/1354189876942368769?s=19

Edit: He's deleted the tweet now but said basically what has happened is wrong and unnatural and that there should be "Legal and regulatory repurcussions"

Did he mean in the case of WSBs meming a stock into orbit or the insane shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

cronos wrote: »
    Ya I worked it out from reading into it. Looks odd though. Seems to be turning into a bit of an oddball. I wonder how his Tesla short is working out.

He always has been, even portrayed as such in the that Big Short movie.

He's also a big libertarian and Trump supporter -well more so he's against the narrative that everything Trump did is wrong. Not that there's anything wrong with being either of those things but people are often surprised to hear it especially when you learn he's a Californian

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Did he mean in the case of WSBs meming a stock into orbit or the insane shorts?

Not entirely sure but it was phrased in a way that's anti WSB. Which is strange since he is a GME shareholder since 4 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

neris wrote: »
    When the GME frenzy ends there'll be few ordinary Joes who thought theyd found the magic lamp getting shafted aswell

Yep that's why I'm making small incremental sells every day. I've covered my investment alrwsdy.

Not entirely sure but it was phrased in a way that's anti WSB. Which is strange since he is a GME shareholder since 4 dollars.

Also isnt the whole goal of this ie punishing the old institutions kinda exactly his thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

We'll look back on these posts and these Reddit threads the way we look back on Celtic Tiger what to do with your SSIA ads starring Eddie Hobbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Thargor wrote: »
    We'll look back on these posts and these Reddit threads the way we look back on Celtic Tiger what to do with your SSIA ads starring Eddie Hobbs.

Good times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

So I know practically nothing about this except that it's supposed to end on Friday, any idea what we can expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

This is it wrote: »
    So I know practically nothing about this except that it's supposed to end on Friday, any idea what we can expect?

GME wants to go to $1,000. It would be rude not to oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Wow. I've little enough invested but $1,000 a share would do the job

This is it wrote: »
    Wow. I've little enough invested but $1,000 a share would do the job

That was just the meme from wsb, but seeing the spike to 240 in after hours it might not be that insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

And speaking of Burry. Even as a shareholder he isn't happy

https://twitter.com/michaeljburry/status/1354189876942368769?s=19

Who are the legal and regulatory repercussions for? There seems to be a narrative in this thread that is the one being spun by the mainstream media around the reddit forum blinding buying this stock to dive the price up without much mention of how or why they have been able to do this. This guy explains what has actually gone on here and currently one of the hedge funds that has been shorting is in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can see this really messing up wallstreet and a big investigation into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭VW 1

KilOit wrote: »
    Can see this really messing up wallstreet and a big investigation into it.

Isn't that the point of this though? Shorts like this killing companies, and manipulation galore, with nothing done about it.. a fight back against the man, if you will.

I reneged on my earlier thoughts and threw in a small investment at 87, small enough that I wouldn't mind if it all went in the wind. But I'll be holding until this is over to see how it plays out.

Who are the legal and regulatory repercussions for? There seems to be a narrative in this thread that is the one being spun by the mainstream media around the reddit forum blinding buying this stock to dive the price up without much mention of how or why they have been able to do this. This guy explains what has actually gone on here and currently one of the hedge funds that has been shorting is in serious trouble.

I haven't a clue to be honest, I'm not agreeing with Burry or trying to push that narrative. I can't see where anyone has done anything wrong but at the end of the day Burry knows his **** and even being a shareholder he is saying something is wrong which I find interesting. Be curious to see what way they could possibly spin this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Makes my CCVI investment looks perfectly sane.

Starting to worry about a market collapse based on people buying on margin. Hope I'm wrong as I have a lot of SPAC's currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I haven't a clue to be honest, I'm not agreeing with Burry or trying to push that narrative. I can't see where anyone has done anything wrong but at the end of the day Burry knows his **** and even being a shareholder he is saying something is wrong which I find interesting. Be curious to see what way they could possibly spin this.

He deleted the tweet so I can't see who he was directing the anger at. Something is definitely wrong as the guy explains in that video when hedge funds are shorting a company and driving the price down over and over and over completely overextending themselves but the villain of this piece isn't the forum who noticed what was going on and that they could potentially squeeze these positions hard. The wrong side here is the hedge funds that had the massive short positions driving the price into the ground. They have got played at their own game and are extremely salty about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

This is more of a social movement like Occupy Wall Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Ark invest ideas for 2021 is out today
    https://research.ark-invest.com/hubfs/1_Download_Files_ARK-Invest/White_Papers/ARK%E2%80%93Invest_BigIdeas_2021.pdf

just skimmed through it, its late :pac:

hottipper wrote: »
    Ark invest ideas for 2021 is out today
    https://research.ark-invest.com/hubfs/1_Download_Files_ARK-Invest/White_Papers/ARK%E2%80%93Invest_BigIdeas_2021.pdf

just skimmed through it, its late :pac:

No GME. What do they know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

No GME. What do they know!

They do use the word HODL tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Seeing that guy on Reddit post his daily gains is mental. He's up 9mill today alone.

I know little to nothing about stocks and trading but surely this is going to end in tears eventually? Like I sort of understand the mechanics of a short squeeze but this is ridiculous right?

Coneygree wrote: »
    Seeing that guy on Reddit post his daily gains is mental. He's up 9mill today alone.

I know little to nothing about stocks and trading but surely this is going to end in tears eventually? Like I sort of understand the mechanics of a short squeeze but this is ridiculous right?

It will end in tears for someone eventually. Question is if it's the hedge funds or the WSB guys. I don't know enough about it to comment on which way it will go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

Cisco
    AMD
    Netapp
    Glanbia

Looking at IBM Now

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Makes my CCVI investment looks perfectly sane.

Starting to worry about a market collapse based on people buying on margin. Hope I'm wrong as I have a lot of SPAC's currently.

I was looking at CCIV the last few days and thought if they don’t land Lucid after all this hype and price surge and swing, a not insignificant ripple and panic must surely be due to spook others and impact a variety of SPACs.

I hope not as I’ve invested a bit in 3 or 4 SPACs but I am monitoring them a bit more than I have time for!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

LC134 wrote: »
    I was looking at CCIV the last few days and thought if they don’t land Lucid after all this hype and price surge and swing, a not insignificant ripple and panic must surely be due to spook others and impact a variety of SPACs.

I hope not as I’ve invested a bit in 3 or 4 SPACs but I am monitoring them a bit more than I have time for!

SPACs hit big time yesterday! I am in a few and they all dipped - none more than PIPP :(

Staying away from GME myself! Someone is going to get hurt - I know others are getting vastly rich, but just seems nuts...

• Advertisement

Peaked around 300 dollars in EU pre market, dropped to 220 on US pre market open

Advertisement