Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Good time to buy more PSTH I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

TheBetsy wrote: »
    Are people still holding AMC or taking their profits? Wonding will it shoot up again once brokers get their systems sorted

Was planning to buy at open but glad I didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are people still holding AMC or taking their profits? Wonding will it shoot up again once brokers get their systems sorted
    If it gets back to $18, I'll be up 300%. I'm going to take my original stake out at that stage. The rest is staying for the week. End of month could be a catalyst for more jumps as funds reschuffle and options expire

• Registered Users Posts: 9 firstquater

dan786 wrote: »
    Any app thats not down?

xstation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If it gets back to $18, I'll be up 300%. I'm going to take my original stake out at that stage. The rest is staying for the week. End of month could be a catalyst for more jumps as funds reschuffle and options expire

Kicking myself for not buying yesterday. Chickened out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

dan786 wrote: »
    Was planning to buy at open but glad I didnt.

A lot of people are probably still trying to cash out, but there is a massive push of people to buy too so it's hard to tell at the moment. I'm holding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

A ladder of red candlesticks and still a green ticker.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Wasn't planning on buying but bought some fiverr square and UMC, no real issue's with Degiro. Absolutely not touching gme or amc if the trading apps are liable to crash, 15mins later and your a bagholder for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

im holding for the moment, will look to see around 18 (if it gets there) and have the mooney to invest in long teerm stocks

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Wasn't planning on buying but bought some fiverr square and UMC, no real issue's with Degiro. Absolutely not touching gme or amc if the trading apps are liable to crash, 15mins later and your a bagholder for life.

It jumped huge after every dip so far. Risky but if you keep buying at big dips and selling at 30-40 instant increase after dip you could be doing well

circadian wrote: »

could this be part of some non us government pumping stock to only force a dump later - cyber war and all that..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Is Derigo working properly, there seems to be very few trades going through where it was ticking away the whole time yesterday. I know there's been a load of halts but I'm not seeing much activity at all.

circadian wrote: »

What causes a halt? Is it automated?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭1percent

Well just picked up some more AMD while it was going

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

This is it wrote: »
    I thought it opened at $302, your sell was $335, no?

i follow Yahoo Finance , high of the day according to it was $ 352 which it reached in about ten seconds after the opening bell ?

yes they have circut-breakers in place if a stock jumps way up/down its halted, poor computers needs a break too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 firstquater

https://ibb.co/QJcBct1

+6k in 3 days

Could be 18 soon, seems to be climbing steadily

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah it's automated, basically anything with mad trading trends, much higher volume than usual, big jumps or drops in a short period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Talk of Nokia NOK being the next GME and AMC . Currently looking like value in the 5 dollar range. One to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Christ, went out for a cycle for lunch, about $8k richer when I got home. Must cycle more

Was 10k down at market open, back in profit for the day now phew

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

GME about to go back over 300

Talk of Nokia NOK being the next GME and AMC . Currently looking like value in the 5 dollar range. One to watch.

From what i'm understanding on reddit, a lot of bot accounts have been created and are pushing certain stocks including nokia - by who I'm not sure, Nokia themselves maybe? I would just be wary at the moment

Could be 18 soon, seems to be climbing steadily

seems to struggle to go beyond 17.50[ with the intra drops you should trade this abd make $1 a share]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

MikeSoys wrote: »
    seems to struggle to go beyond 17.50[ with the intra drops you should trade this abd make $1 a share]

Issue is many of the apps are still down, once they come back it will go up quickly

GME is 318. Missed out on 249 dip. Hoping it dips again when apps are back online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Loads of brokers, including Robinhood, TDAmeritrade, Schwab have issues with their websites today - tis mad stuff for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

This downtime is a bit long for liking. Wonder will we see a big sell off when they come back online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

jams100 wrote: »
    Look back at posts from 5-7 days ago a few people put some long term picks in around those dates.

My Longterm picks in order are:

1. LiveNation (Duopoly)
    2. SAP (Transition to cloud - relatively new/young CEO, company will also generally benefit when covid abates...concur their travel expenses tool has crumbled since covid, that should recover somewhat. 95 of the top 100 fortune companies use SAP so they are another relatively recession proof company)
    3. Diageo (Recession proof/consumer staples)
    4 Nvidia (Chips are just in everything these days/data centres booming/online gaming also booming)
    5. Wells Fargo (As American/global economy recovers Wells will recover in line, also a new-ish CEO, maybe a good turnaround story).

And then with a pullback I'd go with Alphabet/Amazon
    I want to get into PayPal longterm but I'm holding out for a pullback as I'm already well diversified.

Goodluck!

To follow up on SAP...

Their Qualtrics spin off IPO is estimated to raise $1.5 billion and is way oversubscribed. They will still own an 80% stake after IPO too.

SAP and Microsoft also renewed a partnership that teams will be integrated into SAP's offering.

They also announced they are to acquire business process intelligence company Signavio, don't know much about Signavio myself right now so that will require further research.

Its not going to set my portfolio on fire but I see a good 25% return over the next 5 years as the cloud revenues replace their software licences revenues

Advertisement