Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nah im going to the moon, the shorts are buying it cus they have to, they are the ones loosing their shirts fyi.

Gamestop lost $795,000,000 in 2019. Anyone with stock will sell at todays price. The queue of buyers have to keep coming.

I looked at Gamestop a while back as I went tru Michael Burry's portfolio. I didn't like it because of its constant losses. Christ, if I had bought it then.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

Gamestop lost $795,000,000 in 2019. Anyone with stock will sell at todays price. The queue of buyers have to keep coming.

It's 2021, and there's been a global pandemic since those numbers, a new CEO and 300% increase in their online sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

crushproof wrote: »
    What the reason for the jump today?

..why would you need a reason? 'pump it to the moon!!...''

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

But if the company is more than 100% shorted will a lot of buyers be closing their positions?

Still rising!!

They hold a load of really good tech patents so actually not a bad shout for going long. Won't be massive gains but stable enough provided it stays away from the mayhem elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

One hell of a pyramid scheme, it's probably worth €1 a share.
    These guys seem to think they're responsible for Tesla as well, it's not going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I looked at Gamestop a while back as I went tru Michael Burry's portfolio. I didn't like it because of its constant losses. Christ, if I had bought it then.

They are shorted to 139%, this isnt about people investing in Gamestop the company, its about fvcking the greedy hedge funds who shorted it to 139% of its total shares.

circadian wrote: »
    It's 2021, and there's been a global pandemic since those numbers, a new CEO and 300% increase in their online sales.
    It lost money all last year.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/GME/gamestop/income-statement?freq=Q

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

This reminds me of when Bitcoin was at 19k (2017) everyone was talking about it.

https://www.nyse.com/trade-halt-current

Not even lunch time, something fishy is going on. I wouldn't be surprised if those who lost big on GME are shorting loads of other stocks in the frenzy to recoup costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Its going nowhere fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SPCE daily chart actually looks like a rocket taking off, am afraid we are in the middle of a blow off top here, its just all too insane.
    Its another one with huge (81% ) short interest also.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

It's not really got anything to do with that? Those investing at the moment don't care, its not for long term holding. Explained here https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55817918

Revenue went up. Cost of running brick and mortar stores will drop as they close them. Deals with MS and Sony to get a cut of online content delivery.

Granted it's not worth what it's at now but writing off the company without looking beyond "they lost x amount" is a bit silly. It's about looking at potential growth long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

I don't have any GME shares, and I am dead jealous of anyone who got in earlier on and held on to them - BUT - would the eventual crash of GME pyramid take down every stock as well?

Is it safer to cash in TSLA etc for a few weeks and wait and watch..!

I guess, nobody knows....

Supercell wrote: »
    SPCE daily chart actually looks like a rocket taking off, am afraid we are in the middle of a blow off top here, its just all too insane.

Yeah the bubble has been expanding for the last year or so. Might make it until the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

crushproof wrote: »
    What the reason for the jump today?

Elon Musk.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

VinLieger wrote: »
    They are shorted to 139%, this isnt about people investing in Gamestop the company, its about fvcking the greedy hedge funds who shorted it to 139% of its total shares.

It's probably a little about that and a lot about using randomers on the internet to make oneself a quick buck. I feel bad for the last ones who'll pile in right before the arse falls out of it.

circadian wrote: »
    Revenue went up. Cost of running brick and mortar stores will drop as they close them. Deals with MS and Sony to get a cut of online content delivery.

Granted it's not worth what it's at now but writing off the company without looking beyond "they lost x amount" is a bit silly. It's about looking at potential growth long term.

Revenue in 2016 was $ 9.3 billion. 6.4 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Does any closeout and reopen their positions to take advantage of the yearly €1270 CGT exemption?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭riddles

positron wrote: »
    I don't have any GME shares, and I am dead jealous of anyone who got in earlier on and held on to them - BUT - would the eventual crash of GME pyramid take down every stock as well?

Is it safer to cash in TSLA etc for a few weeks and wait and watch..!

I guess, nobody knows....

If you think 135 years future profit baked into Tesla's share price is a good idea then its a strong hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

was AMC as heavily shorted as GME ?

buyer95 wrote: »
    Elon Musk.

Social media in general - reddit, twitter, eg this guys tweets seem to be followed, take a look at the NAKD stock now:

https://twitter.com/MrZackMorris/status/1354449981135073287

Mad_maxx wrote: »

No heres the short interest rates: https://www.highshortinterest.com/all/

Virgin galactic stocks increased a lot too

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Not to the same levels afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Social media in general - reddit, twitter, eg this guys tweets seem to be followed, take a look at the NAKD stock now:

https://twitter.com/MrZackMorris/status/1354449981135073287

Reddit and social media drove it to 150 or whatever it closed at yesterday , from 20 dollars (which is where reddit started talking about it.) Musk tweeted and it went crazy in after hours trading. He moved the needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

NOK suspended. Up 39%

buyer95 wrote: »
    Reddit and social media drove it to 150 or whatever it closed at yesterday , from 20 dollars (which is where reddit started talking about it.) Musk tweeted and it went crazy in after hours trading. He moved the needle.

It wasnt just Musk, one of the Winklevoss twins and another dude started the frenzy once it closed yesterday, Musk tweeted about an hour later and it just sped it up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

In other share news today....
    Fubo +29%
    Fastly +13%
    Lemonade +13%

It's not all about AMC/GME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I started investing last year after deciding money in the bank was doing nothing for me. Currently +7.3% (although was over 9% until WSB happened).

Avoided the chaos of this week largely except to buy some of the stocks that dropped as a result.

Current Portfolio:

INAQ (metromile) - Will see how this goes around the merger date and sell some but likely keep majority long term. metromile have real growth potential with their system along with only being in 8 states currently.
    BFT (Paysafe) - Similar to above.
    UWMC - It's been too cheap not to buy more since the merger, earnings next week should increase this. All going to plan should be nice dividend stock also.
    OCGN - Covaxin punt. Small holding if it pays off will return massively, if not it's a small loss.
    GEVO - Bought and sold some off with close to initial investment returned. Will keep the rest to see where it goes
    AMD - Bought a small amount the dip today, will keep long term. Possibly add more on dips
    PSTH - Only SPAC I own without a confirmed target. Complete silence from Ackman on this but will keep until target announced at least.
    PLTR - Have sold off a third of my stocks here at peak. Will hold long term and trim when it grows.
    DDDD.L - Currently down on initial investment. But very undervalued UK based pharma company. Should see growth once LOAC/DDDD NASDAQ listing takes place (Supposed to be Q1). Company themselves in late stages of a number of high value products.
    IAG.L - Bought near their lowest and will hold to see where it goes.

Plus a few other minor holdings that were mainly punts: STOB.L, BT.A-L, AML.L, HAT.L
    All currently green but will probably sell them all once they plateau.

Advertisement