Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Shedite27 wrote: »
    In other share news today....
    Fubo +29%
    Fastly +13%
    Lemonade +13%

It's not all about AMC/GME

BORING! :D

Nokia up 84%!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Thanks dude. Had 60 quid in my Degiro account doing nothing. May as well throw it on this.

Lol 75% gain within an hour. If only I'd thrown more than spare change at it.

jams100 wrote: »

Nokia up 84%!!!

This is insane, I'm up over 400 quid in the last hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Lol 75% gain within an hour. If only I'd thrown more than spare change at it.

AMC looks like its getting under presure, high volumn of sells

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Amc halted again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

MikeSoys wrote: »
    AMC looks like its getting under presure, high volumn of sells

Yeah I might buy in a small bit if it drops before close just in case we see another after hours rally

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

jams100 wrote: »

Nokia up 84%!!!
    I bought a dip on Nokia, in at $6.90

Let's see that go 200% tomorrow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

TDAmeritrade announcement

In the interest of mitigating risk for our company and clients, we have put in place several restrictions on some transactions in $GME, $AMC and other securities. We made these decisions out of an abundance of caution amid unprecedented market conditions and other factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    TDAmeritrade announcement

In the interest of mitigating risk for our company and clients, we have put in place several restrictions on some transactions in $GME, $AMC and other securities. We made these decisions out of an abundance of caution amid unprecedented market conditions and other factors.

Elon wont be happy with that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SPY almost down 2% , haven't seen that since last March, more confidant of holding what i have than then, could get real ugly in the pumped to heaven stocks though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Trading 212 down again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shennymulligan

The ironic thing about this WSB/'to the moon' movement is they are unwittingly acheiving the opposite of what they are setting out to do.

Market inefficiences will benefit the institutional investment firms. Institutional traders with their armies of quantitative analysts and arificial intelligence are probably already, as we post, backtesting new strategies to profit from this new market behaviour.

They will find a strategy that works, feed it into the algo trader, and cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Chamath sold GME that he invested in yesterday hence the fall

Donating 500k profits but made a killing in one day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

JeffKenna wrote: »
    But if the company is more than 100% shorted will a lot of buyers be closing their positions?

If I understand it right, serious losses for short sellers here. They might be better to hold tough and wait for the madness to end. I find it hard to think that those pumping the stock will keep buying. Those in the background holding stocks all along, will keep selling at those prices. It's a question of which army runs out of ammunition first.

The whole thing is mad. Its like an online revolution against Wall Street.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

The whole thing is mad. Its like an online revolution against Wall Street.

Finally you get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I knew I should had sold at 350!! Went to greedy...

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

See when someone says it's shorted to 139%, what does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Can i ask, i use degiro , what exchanges do you currently buy on . I note that the Frankfurt exchange is fairly hefty on the transaction fees vs NYSE or similar.

If you buy NYSE shares are you liable for any extra costs when selling the shares outside of the inevitable currency issues and CGT on profits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

CRSR, WKHS, RIDE all flying

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Can i ask, i use degiro , what exchanges do you currently buy on . I note that the Frankfurt exchange is fairly hefty on the transaction fees vs NYSE or similar.

If you buy NYSE shares are you liable for any extra costs when selling the shares outside of the inevitable currency issues and CGT on profits ?

the shares trade in 2 different currencies tough and dont necessarily follow the same trend or pace of trend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

awec wrote: »
    See when someone says it's shorted to 139%, what does that mean?
    My basic understanding is when shorting shares they are "borrowed" from investment banks , financial institutions or similar for a period of time. The person shorting it believes the share price will go down before the expiration date. So they sell the shares at current market price but will buy them back and return to the lender at the expiration date. If the share price goes up before the expiration date then the short seller is liable for difference as they must return the shares at any cost essentially.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

positron wrote: »
    I don't have any GME shares, and I am dead jealous of anyone who got in earlier on and held on to them - BUT - would the eventual crash of GME pyramid take down every stock as well?

Is it safer to cash in TSLA etc for a few weeks and wait and watch..!

I guess, nobody knows....

I would say there's a chance market will dip a little ....I'm expecting market correction sooner...

GME is tanking

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My basic understanding is when shorting shares they are "borrowed" from investment banks , financial institutions or similar for a period of time. The person shorting it believes the share price will go down before the expiration date. So they sell the shares at current market price but will buy them back and return to the lender at the expiration date. If the share price goes up before the expiration date then the short seller is liable for difference as they must return the shares at any cost essentially.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp

I know what shorting is, I was just wondering what the 139% bit is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

VinLieger wrote: »
    Finally you get it

I got it all along. But the revolutionaries won't win, because the stock (GME) is worthless. That's why it was shorted so much, to begin with.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Is anyone else here experiencing difficulties selling gme on trading212?

dan786 wrote: »
    GME is tanking

Holding at 300 for now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fazorb

dan786 wrote: »
    GME is tanking

No its not

Fazorb wrote: »
    No its not

Yeah up again, wonder when it will end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Fruks

awec wrote: »
    I know what shorting is, I was just wondering what the 139% bit is about.

It means that 139% of the float is sold short, in other words the equivalent of the entire float shares in GME plus 39%. This would seem to indicate that they were naked shorts, which is why the bloodbath for them has been quite so bad as it has.

Advertisement