Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

Triapin wrote: »
    Can someone help me with this? Bought AMC on Degiro - but they have banned stop loss orders. I am up now and want to lock in the gain - can I use a limit order and stay in the stock? Forgive me for my ignorance.

i dont use Degiro..but yes you can use LIMITS as the share is up you could try just using market price..

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

How many expire Friday for Gamestop? Do you know where to find this up to date info?

Can you explain the significance of Friday? I see it mentioned alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

awec wrote: »
    I know what shorting is, I was just wondering what the 139% bit is about.
    If you short 20 shares at $10, you basically borrow 20 shares from me, and agree to pay me back the shares later. You hope the share price goes to $6 so have made $4. Vice versa if the price rises.

So essentially, every share that is shorted should be matched to an actual share. Over the years, this has got more liberal, no controls around it, and big stockbroking companies started allowing you to short 20 shares, even if there wasn't any of their customers with 20 shares.

This has led to the situation we're in today, where for example, there's 10m GME stocks, but 13.9m people shorting them. If you were to go back and match them up, the maths doesn't work.

I suspect a clampdown on that is on the cards after this week.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Yeah eyes falling out of my head from staring at the screen. I don't normally day trade, but jumped into this Monday at 81 dollars a share with 20 shares. A lovely return, but think I'll stick to more sensible long term positions in future!
    Absolutely, getting out of this game Friday and back to shares I don't have to watch

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Thoughts on aftermarket and tomorrow for GameStop ?
    If you look at the past few days, the aftermarket is where gains really happen. There's no circuit breakers so the Robinhood traders can have their fun. In fact, I suspect if you'd bought all the shares at the close each day, and sold at the open, you'd be flying.

NB: This is not a reccoemndation, this week is far too weird to predict anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Absolutely, getting out of this game Friday and back to shares I don't have to watch

Can I ask, was Interactive Brokers stable today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

daheff wrote: »
    Anybody look to see how much has actually been traded in gme ($ wise and shares wise) over the last few days vs normal?

$wise I'd expect it to be huge, but are the number of shares traded actually way above a normal day?

Wondering if sellers had pumped prices or buyers offered higher amounts to start the ball rolling?

they're definitely way over the average:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

phunks wrote: »
    Can you explain the significance of Friday? I see it mentioned alot.

Short sellers have to cover up by Friday so will have to buy in demand shares which will rocket the price.

More Demand - Higher the price

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Koss up 479% today, dizzy even looking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

I had never even heard of that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Wider market outside the "crazy gang" is absolutely tanking

KOSS and NAKD are two new stocks for me today - penny stocks really. Seems they were also shorted. From the sounds of things the Reddit lads have found pretty much every shorted stock at this stage.

outonawing wrote: »
    Can I ask, was Interactive Brokers stable today?

I didn't do anythign in the opening hours when others were having problems. Bought NOK about 5pm and no issues.

daheff wrote: »
    Anybody look to see how much has actually been traded in gme ($ wise and shares wise) over the last few days vs normal?

$wise I'd expect it to be huge, but are the number of shares traded actually way above a normal day?

Wondering if sellers had pumped prices or buyers offered higher amounts to start the ball rolling?
    It's all on Yahoo Finance...
    Today's Volume 85,487,284
    Avg. Volume 24,188,454

Pretty ugly day other than the short stocks.

S&P and Nasdaq down 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Pretty ugly day other than the short stocks.

S&P and Nasdaq down 3%

Disaster for me. 5% down. Can't take many more days like this or I have to pull out entirely. Hoping for a recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

KOSS and NAKD are two new stocks for me today - penny stocks really. Seems they were also shorted. From the sounds of things the Reddit lads have found pretty much every shorted stock at this stage.

Ok I fomo'd, and got into nakd at 80c. Do I yolo and leave it open overnight hmmm

I would assume they are going to bring in rules so this won't happen again/or people will stop shorting? I think the stock market will recover, maybe in a few weeks or months

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Made some quick money on BB, and a very small amount on AMC.
    Tbh was late to GME party, tried to buy Monday but couldn't get it to process, but have a friend up a solid 5 figures

cronos wrote: »
    Disaster for me. 5% down. Can't take many more days like this or I have to pull out entirely. Hoping for a recovery.

How long are you in the market? I'm roughly down 4%, but not even gonna bat an eyelid about it, I'm something like 35% up across my full portfolio for Jan, so I absolutely was due to give back some of that. Certainly wouldn't make me bail out, especially given the reasoning as to the pullback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Timmaay wrote: »
    How long are you in the market? I'm roughly down 4%, but not even gonna bat an eyelid about it, I'm something like 35% up across my full portfolio for Jan, so I absolutely was due to give back some of that. Certainly wouldn't make me bail out, especially given the reasoning as to the pullback.

November

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'm down a bit across the board, don't care though, I'd take a loss to hurt the short sellers and really damage hedgefunds

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

saw it this morning pre market at 150% gain...thought it was just a pre market spook..turned out not...missed that boat

I would assume they are going to bring in rules so this won't happen again/or people will stop shorting? I think the stock market will recover, maybe in a few weeks or months

i cant see them stop shorting but they might try and stop people buy call options they may not be able to afford..guessing though. aparently there looking to see if there was manuplation applied on the chat boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

i cant see them stop shorting but they might try and stop people buy call options they may not be able to afford..guessing though. aparently there looking to see if there was manuplation applied on the chat boards

It was all in the public domain, not like any have the information/intentions was hidden.

It was all in the public domain, not like any have the information/intentions was hidden.
    yeah but people saying their not who they are wolves in sheeps clothing...

GME and a few others increasing a lot after hours - is there any site that allows after hours trading for Ireland?

im watching AMC after hours , to see the trend....i have a few hundred, was going to sell what i origionally put in..but i just decided not to press execute trade button. watch after hrs if its still going up tomorrow maybe some people can still buy into it but..plently of other stocks out there

cronos wrote: »
    November

Lol, you'll get use of these sort of days, try last March, we got 3 7% limit down days in a week,pure and utter carnage of the stockmarket has been on a 10year mega bullrun and now Corona is gonna go distroy everything lol, but then the feds stepped in and printed money like there was no tomorrow. Dollar average into the market, only buy the pullbacks, and stay away from breakout plays, and it will let you stomach days like today a hell of alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

If you want to avoid loss as this is all going to crash down soon. Keep buying at dip and selling same day at high every time. If stock remains stable buy 2 mins before close and sell as market opens as After Hours is taking it insanely high at the moment.

Advertisement