Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I would assume they are going to bring in rules so this won't happen again/or people will stop shorting? I think the stock market will recover, maybe in a few weeks or months

Stop what exactly? If a hedge fund or a group of them had done this nobody would have batted an eyelid. The only reason there's such a fuss is because its not the traditional institutions involved and they don't like the disruption its causing and especially hate it when they are beaten at their own game by people they don't think should be allowed play in the first place. Yes it will make things a bit rocky for a while but people will learn to adapt just like we all have in this last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,780 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Could the short sellers of GME not double up on their shorts at the high share price. Risky I know, but they could trade their way out of this.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

AMC dropping like a stone after hours.

I'm down % on anything that's not in the crazy runs, I'm just going to hold on to these until things settle down as there's nothing reliable to reference against. I looked at Koss yesterday and couldn't figure out what the rise was about and then today it just took off. Missed it but it's not normal trading at the minute so whatevs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ok I fomo'd, and got into nakd at 80c. Do I yolo and leave it open overnight hmmm

Closed out and took my quick 500$.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

KilOit wrote: »
    I'm down a bit across the board, don't care though, I'd take a loss to hurt the short sellers and really damage hedgefunds

Why?

What have you against them?

I really don't understand this stance that some people have.

• Advertisement

i cant see them stop shorting but they might try and stop people buy call options they may not be able to afford..guessing though. aparently there looking to see if there was manuplation applied on the chat boards

You mean people buying call options on margin?

Can't see why they would stop call options buyers....their only risk is the premium they put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

daheff wrote: »
    Why?

As retail traders we generally get screwed by their pump and dump/short schemes. Tesla was a big stock that they messed with for a long time, whilst retail traders done their DD on the company and believed they were worth investing in. They roll out their face people onto finance shows, finance blogs or whatever and push their agenda.

They have an unfair edge in having access to things like after hours trading (I believe these are large trades only) and deals with brokers for short sells, which is generally damaging to the market and even the companies they do it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

Why?

maybe its like crypto - a revolt against the establishment! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

KOSS is 93$ after hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Everything seems to be down in after hours.

Where can you see after hours trading prices?

check out this financial genius haha..wallstreet have nothing to worry about!!!
    https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1354532418397601798

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Everything seems to be down in after hours.

KOSS is 93$ its gone up by 35. Opened today around 10$

Yahoo finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

dan786 wrote: »

NAKD gone up a slight bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I should have been clearer, everything I own has gone down in after hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Right, I hate to admit it but I decided to have some craic last Friday with some spare cash and between then and Monday got in for a tiny 10 GME shares at $41 and $93 respectively, on my Revolut account.

I am still hodling. My question is, if the share price rockets even more lets say by Friday evening, is it possible to sell my shares on the After hours market, or can I only sell when the market is open?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I should have been clearer, everything I own has gone down in after hours!

relax, its often money/trades settling...
    https://twitter.com/NikolaosChronz/status/1354540362451181568

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Google stock prices or the Apple stock app has them also.

Google has them shown as a grey line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    Right, I hate to admit it but I decided to have some craic last Friday with some spare cash and between then and Monday got in for a tiny 10 GME shares at $41 and $93 respectively, on my Revolut account.

I am still hodling. My question is, if the share price rockets even more lets say by Friday evening, is it possible to sell my shares on the After hours market, or can I only sell when the market is open?

you can only sell after hours if you have a holding in excess of $50000

well thats the case with Saxo anyway

add to that , you have to phone the broker , you can execute online ( or at least cant with SAXO afterhours )

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Does NAKD have the potential to explode? Has is been highly shorted? I am a complete noob, tried to make a Degiro account to buy some before close but I was too late (not on revolut)

Corcaigh84 wrote: »

The sale will only go through when the market opens.

So maybe somebody can correct my thinking on this if I'm wrong

GME is all about there being 140% of float being shorted, with this due by Friday(end Jan).

This means People buy up shares in the expectation that shorters need to buy back shares in near future. This drives up price.

This share demand ends once shorters covered their position.

Shares end up back in the hands of the folks who lent out the stock in the first place.

So what happens price at this point?
    Stays high...doubt it...stocks not worth it
    Drops back to earlier price? Likely as that's all it's worth.
    Something else...?

So are people then lining up spread betting to short this come friday/Monday?

So maybe somebody can correct my thinking on this if I'm wrong

GME is all about there being 140% of float being shorted, with this due by Friday(end Jan).

This means People buy up shares in the expectation that shorters need to buy back shares in near future. This drives up price.

This share demand ends once shorters covered their position.

Shares end up back in the hands of the folks who lent out the stock in the first place.

So what happens price at this point?
    Stays high...doubt it...stocks not worth it
    Drops back to earlier price? Likely as that's all it's worth.
    Something else...?

So are people then lining up spread betting to short this come friday/Monday?

Its going to nose dive as soon as there are no buyers left. Redditors are just small fish , the big fish will know exactly when to dump them on Friday. Once they do its all going to come crashing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Its going to nose dive as soon as there are no buyers left. Redditors are just small fish , the big fish will know exactly when to dump them on Friday. Once they do its all going to come crashing down.

And the big question is will all the trading sites crash again while the price plummets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

crushproof wrote: »
    And the big question is will all the trading sites crash again while the price plummets?

Yup, very likely but its gonna happen so quickly that even if they didnt crash getting out in time before it bottoms out will be very difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

So much red. Remember what Warren told us lads 'time in the market beats timing the market.' (Says the eejit who got caught up in the GME madness, and somehow got out ahead)

crushproof wrote: »

GME went to 249 shortly after open, no one could buy as everything was down. It went up to 300+ immediately and never fell below that again.

The apps will crash at open for 30-60 mins.

• Advertisement

Stocks to watch tomorrow imo:

NAKD
    KOSS
    AMC
    NOK
    BB

Advertisement