Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Is there a site that gives the up to date position of short volume for these shares

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Think you got me wrong..I was in on BB and still in on AMC if you've been reading previous posts in this thread. Can still joke about the situation, no need to get defensive. I'll always throw some YOLO money about every Q on 1-3 while keeping the rest on more stable picks.

Ah fair enough, apologies. I thought you were having a hop!

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Is there a site that gives the up to date position of short volume for these shares

Ortex does it, you can get a free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

WSB on reddit set to private now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

dan786 wrote: »

Trying to fix it up maybe? It was open a few minutes ago but I could see mod warnings. Members are up about 1m from yesterday, no idea what they're up in the last week. Probably trying to avoid more crashes

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    Trying to fix it up maybe? It was open a few minutes ago but I could see mod warnings. Members are up about 1m from yesterday, no idea what they're up in the last week. Probably trying to avoid more crashes

Up 700k today alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

That added another million users today, I suppose this was inevitable.

Discord banned their server. Nothing to do with stocks.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/27/22253251/discord-bans-the-r-wallstreetbets-server

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Can we get a subforum here called WSB please lol???

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Apparently there was a monetary "insentive" to shut down WSB, wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened for the discord

• Advertisement

sirboby wrote: »
    Apparently there was a monetary "insentive" to shut down WSB, wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened for the discord

The discord is definitely gone. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/1/27/22253251/discord-bans-the-r-wallstreetbets-server

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

You'd have to imagine that if the WSB subreddit were to be terminated, that'd be all she wrote for the GME run.

Oh, and Discord blaming the ban on offensive language is an absolute cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Crazy times in the market, had two messages today from completely non stock market people asking about GameStop.

I'm ready for the chaos to end, day trading isn't my thing. At the same time great to see people making money, don't lose it on another gamble after please !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Is it terminated or are people blocked? I used to be a member but never posted, can't access it now.

Plummeting now in after hour trading.

Did Melvin pay Reddit to take it down haha. Everyone sells at open and price falls so they can cover their shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

You'd have to imagine that if the WSB subreddit were to be terminated, that'd be all she wrote for the GME run.

Oh, and Discord blaming the ban on offensive language is an absolute cop out.

I feel like this is gone beyond reddit now, like KOSS went up nearly 500% and I don't think it was mentioned much on WSB? Unless it was on discord?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Is it terminated or are people blocked? I used to be a member but never posted, can't access it now.

Long time members are also locked out, only mod access atm

GME down to 260$

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

the after hour trading could potentially could be hedge funds etc trying to scare people off? Will see tomorrow I guess

• Advertisement

Falling fast 240 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I feel like this is gone beyond reddit now, like KOSS went up nearly 500% and I don't think it was mentioned much on WSB? Unless it was on discord?

It's chaos, people are buying anything shorted. Koss was mentioned on WSB though.

Blockbuster Liquidating corp was up 700% today. Confusion with BB blackberry symbol as well as people buying dead companies.

Lol

"WallStreetBets is under in tents load and is only for approved submitters. In the meantime, please enjoy some spaghetti. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW1GR7BECq4"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Huge drops

If WSB comes back I may actually buy this dip at opening. If the subreddit is gone then it's over .

222$

AMC also tanking.

So Reddit and Discord shutdown making the stock plummet.

Recovered from 222 back to almost 300
    We are experiencing technical difficulties based on unprecedented scale as a result of the newfound interest in WSB. We are unable to ensure Reddit's content policy and the WSB rules are enforceable without a technology platform that can support automation of this enforcement. WSB will be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

BB tanking also

Advertisement