Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nokia don't make nokia phones any more if that's what people think they're buying into incase it all goes pear shaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Netflix.

Why would people go to the cinema when they can watch better content from the comfort of their own home.

I personally think people will want to go when things are normal, having had enough sitting at home watching netflix for a lifetime - more social aspect to the cinema, snacks, a day out, a place to go etc. A lot of people still loved the cinema in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    It's not stopping people trying by the looks of it.....

Pre market volume just tipped past 15mil

In the ten or so minutes since I posted this the volume has almost increased by 2mil with the price barely shifting. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I personally think people will want to go when things are normal, having had enough sitting at home watching netflix for a lifetime - more social aspect to the cinema, snacks, a day out, a place to go etc. A lot of people still loved the cinema in the last few years.

I miss the cinema, and I can't wait until I can go back. I think when this is over people will be looking for things to do to get OUT of the house.

cc87 wrote: »
    In the ten or so minutes since I posted this the volume has almost increased by 2mil with the price barely shifting. :confused:

There's too many shares of Nokia, will take something monumental to move it like GME.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Netflix.

Why would people go to the cinema when they can watch better content from the comfort of their own home.

The cinema is an experience, people will always pay money for an experience , how many people have video or audio quality at home that can match the cinema. There is something special about being in the cinema for a big release and hearing the audience gasp, scream or hold their breath that will never be replicated at home.

Even netflix , prime, disney want the cinema to live on.

You could ask why would people go to the Theatre to see a comedian when his show is on netflix yet people will hand over €100 for a ticket.

My local cinema (Mahon Cork) was busier than ever the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cinemas have been dying the past 5 years, most Saturday nights you go to my local cinema (Omni Dublin), there's at most 10/20 people. That was long before Covid. Even at that the only thing drawing a crowd is XMen 13 or Avengers 24.
    Kilboor wrote: »
    Depends on the strength of Hollywood not the consumer.

I personally love the cinema but I know that's not shared by everyone. Would still go see an epic type movie in the cinema if it was available on Netflix day 1.
    I love going to the epics too, but these days, if you're idle for a Saturday night (even pre covid), you're going to find as much quality on Netflix as you are in a Cinema. All the big actors are there, all the big movies are now going direct to consumer, it's slowly cutting out the middle man.

That said, in the irrational world we live in this week, Long AMC!!!

There's too many shares of Nokia, will take something monumental to move it like GME.

There was a decent analysis of Nokia on WSB the other day and it basically summed it up - Decent share, Decent prospects, Doing well in a market with other players also doing well, if buying as a share you will be holding for a while if you expect any major profit. Dont buy the hype .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

CCIV down to $19.12 in premarket, am tempted depending on what it does on market open of course, I think it may dip further then, worth taking a punt?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

To "protect" retail investors, Trading212 are blocking any new positions in GME.
    Very disappointing, gonna vote with my feet after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

GME is upto 470 pre market

Supercell wrote: »
    CCIV down to $19.12 in premarket, am tempted depending on what it does on market open of course, I think it may dip further then, worth taking a punt?

I'm looking to take another position in Disney but i'm expecting another big drop in the next couple of months in the market, I don't see how things have improved since last year if anything they're looking worse.
    I've a few of american companies on my watch list involved in property, leasing etc which have been flying along as if everthing is ok, they've started to wobble a little over the last few days which has me concerned. Main Street Capital, Dynex, Realty income etc.

dan786 wrote: »
    GME is upto 460 pre market

Frankfurt exchange surging on GME - gone from below €300 to €360 in the last hour

I am reading my ticker saying 1000% profit now and thinking , we may never see this again for 10-20 years for retail investors.

Update nearly €400 now !

GME going crazy upto 490 pre market now

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

wall street vs the people....looking at price chart it look like NAKD and AMC are both somewhat holding onto their closing prices .atm. looks like alot of activity on these also- prob others but only looking at these myself while 'WFH...'

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/chart/AMC
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/chart/NAKD

Break the 500 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Seems there are a few redditors determined to pump silver. I have a tiny holding in EXK that might be fun to watch today. Up 4% in pre-market.

PS please do not take this as a signal to jump in. I'm only making small talk.

GME has gone past the 500 mark. Looks like sky is the limit.

GME has gone past the 500 mark. Looks like sky is the limit.

Holding till 1k . The pressure on the SEC to shut this down with a circuit breaker will be immense today. But probably 2-4 million retail investors are alot of votes and anger to mess with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

What could be the reason for a stock to surge pre-market, any thoughts?

I read a bit about how GME has only N stocks out there and there are like a lot more than N short positions, and anyone who has short positions have to now pay up etc (hence the 'short squeeze'). Is there a deadline by which short positions have to be settled (weekend? month-end?). And has that something to do with this daily pre-market spike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

To "protect" retail investors, Trading212 are blocking any new positions in GME.
    Very disappointing, gonna vote with my feet after this.

thats poor, hope the reddit users see that and also vote with their feet

A friend has 119 GME that he paid 2000 in total for back in December.

positron wrote: »
    What could be the reason for a stock to surge pre-market, any thoughts?

I read a bit about how GME has only N stocks out there and there are like a lot more than N short positions, and anyone who has short positions have to now pay up etc (hence the 'short squeeze'). Is there a deadline by which short positions have to be settled (weekend? month-end?). And has that something to do with this daily pre-market spike?

Alot of the short positions are meant to expire tomorrow apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Brilliant, delighted for him.

Thats the beautiful thing in this, if played right alot of average people are gonna walk with money in their pocket. Not the big investment firms doing this for years unobstructed.

crushproof wrote: »
    Brilliant, delighted for him.

So am I. He only 19 and in college.

I had 73 on Monday which I stupidly sold at break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

So am I. He only 19 and in college.

I had 73 on Monday which I stupidly sold at break even.

Does he know what he's gonna do yet? I'd be sweating profusely

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

Thats the beautiful thing in this, if played right alot of average people are gonna walk with money in their pocket. Not the big investment firms doing this for years unobstructed.

that's exactly why I'm here for it, to be honest. the hedge funds are mad the 99% are making money off this, rather than the 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Alot of the short positions are meant to expire tomorrow apparently.

I have a suspicion that institutions with short positions closing on Friday will be granted extensions to throw the wsb crew off as they seem to all building up to the Friday squeeze.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    Does he know what he's gonna do yet? I'd be sweating profusely

He is planning to sell at 650. One of his college friends has 1200 GME so I say he would be more worried.

Advertisement