Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Looks like more and more brokers are banning GME buys today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

dan786 wrote: »
    Looks like more and more brokers are banning GME buys today.

How on earth can this be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

He is planning to sell at 650. One of his college friends has 1200 GME so I say he would be more worried.

I'd have been out at $370 yesterday, but then again that's probably why I won't make much money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

weemcd wrote: »
    Does he know what he's gonna do yet? I'd be sweating profusely

sweating at the thought of the revenue cut when someone mentions the tax bill :) or how to fill out a CGT :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I hedged myself this morning and sold half at over €300 per share. So i am in a decent profit no matter what. The rest i am gonna leave ride out see can we hit 1k+.

Only had 10 shares total in GME so not life changing money but its exciting stuff. Cant wait for the movie.

• Advertisement

Darando wrote: »
    sweating at the thought of the revenue cut when someone mentions the tax bill :) or how to fill out a CGT :eek:

The guy is a Law student so knows his CGT stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

crushproof wrote: »
    How on earth can this be allowed?

Pressure from their big customers who just happen to be the other side of the trade thats going against them and loosing a few hundred or thousand average joe retail investors from tehir client list isnt a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

There is a revenue spreadsheet you can download - in my simple understanding 33% of the profit straight up . But if i have some positions that are negative it may be a time to close them out and balance the loss , must look at it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

There is a revenue spreadsheet you can download - in my simple understanding 33% of the profit straight up . But if i have some positions that are negative it may be a time to close them out and balance the loss , must look at it myself.

Same with my understanding, minus the exemption of 1270

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't forget about your annual exemption of €1270.

If you make a profit of 5270 on GME then you'll pay CGT on 4000.

• Advertisement

So who is planning to buy some today?

NAKD is one to watch today , cheap stock and big potential today.

Also KOSS huge increase yesterday and premarket.

AMC and GME too risky now with clamp downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

The guy is a Law student so knows his CGT stuff.

we didn't discuss CGT in law :rolleyes:

but yeah that CGT is a killer, even with the 1270 exemption :( dreading the day I have to withdraw money.

So who is planning to buy some today?

NAKD is one to watch today , cheap stock and big potential today.

Also KOSS huge increase yesterday and premarket.

AMC and GME too risky now with clamp downs.

i think the reddit gang is on a bit of a high right now and will find new fish to fry - think NOK, BB

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Don't forget about your annual exemption of €1270.

If you make a profit of 5270 on GME then you'll pay CGT on 4000.

the generosity of our government & tax authorities knows no bounds

we didn't discuss CGT in law :rolleyes:

but yeah that CGT is a killer, even with the 1270 exemption :( dreading the day I have to withdraw money.

I meant he is a very smart kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

The tax here makes it much harder to actually win.

I meant he is a very smart kid.

Of course, just messing with you :)

do you know what pushed him to invest 2k in GME back then? definitely a ballsy move with quite a lot of capital for a student so curious about his reasoning at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Supercell wrote: »
    CCIV down to $19.12 in premarket, am tempted depending on what it does on market open of course, I think it may dip further then, worth taking a punt?

yes anything under 20 dollars is worth it, its going to rocket if it is announced. Possibly get some of this gem money floating into it as well hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    The tax here makes it much harder to actually win.

Yup vested stocks are even worse when you buy them you pay 50% tax on the difference between the price you vested at and the current market price.

So you might join a company and have a vested price of 1 euro, then when you buy your shares it could be 50 euros. So if you have 100 shares they cost 100 euro to buy but you pay 2500 euro in tax, and then 33% on the sale price if you ever sell.

Of course, just messing with you :)

do you know what pushed him to invest 2k in GME back then? definitely a ballsy move with quite a lot of capital for a student so curious about his reasoning at the time

Apparently he started following stocks after watching a Indian series on a scam on the stock market. Called "The Scam of 1992", it was all about short selling and how a guy made billions coming from a very poor family. Based on true story of Harshad Mehta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harshad_Mehta

A good watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Thank goodness I live in the Queens country, much more generous to investors and savers.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Brokers restricting buying GME and AMC now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Worry about banking the gain first, then the tax. Without a gain there's no tax

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

SmokyMo wrote: »

Barefaced market manipulation very obviously being pushed from behind the scenes by those who are losing

NAKD and KOSS

BB and NOK

Next targets it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

NAKD and KOSS

BB and NOK

Next targets it seems

Lol

How many more times are you gonna post this?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

SmokyMo wrote: »

lawyer on cnbc late last night saying he was recommending ceesing trading on GME stock for two weeks - cnbc was imlying that would be manupiluation but lawyer argued against it as Elon tweeting about GME caused influence on the stock, lawyer said 2 weeks of no trading would also hurt short sellers.. there planing to do something i think; if they [NASDAQ] do something like this it will spill over to other areas causing a downward trend on other stocks.imo

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

PSAC a SPAC doing 3B link up with Faraday electric vehicles. Took a small punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Lol

How many more times are you gonna post this?

Dan you need to rename to danWSBgod lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Will somebody think of Virgin, you want to get to the moon your going to need a rocket boys.

After-Hours High $47.90
    After-Hours Low $40.00

Advertisement