Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

Any idea why AMC isnt making any move upwards as of yet today? people turning their attention elsewhere? - NAKD, KOSS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

dan786 wrote: »
    The brokers are banning buys of GME this to so that people only sell and the price dips and hedge funds can cover their shorts at a smaller loss. They are losing billions already. If shorts are not covered and people keep buying the price will sky rocket.

Similar to this with VW in 2008:

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F0039b913-b126-4d66-a9e7-d32c35937152_FINAL.png?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700
    The only reason the shorts got out of that one with Volkswagen was the Germen Government stepped in and forced VW to issue more shares.
    No guarantee this could happen with GME so in theory they have these Wallstreet funds by the throat and could bankrupt them all

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Here you go - so I can’t sell and buy in the dip

Thanks! Lol so they don't mind people selling and causing an unprecedented drop basically, just not an unprecedented rise - I don't know how they are getting away with that they should be pausing selling too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The brokers are banning buys of GME this to so that people only sell and the price dips and hedge funds can cover their shorts at a smaller loss. They are losing billions already. If shorts are not covered and people keep buying the price will sky rocket.

Similar to this with VW in 2008:

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F0039b913-b126-4d66-a9e7-d32c35937152_FINAL.png?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700

Was the VW spike not something to do with Porsche trying to take them over and then it all went boobies up

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Any idea why AMC isnt making any move upwards as of yet today? people turning their attention elsewhere? - NAKD, KOSS?

I am very happy the current price if it stays like that, similar to closing price so I doubt there will be a huge sell off when the market opens.
    I think the in the pre-market GME prices are being manipulated to get people to sell when it opens

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    Was the VW spike not something to do with Porsche trying to take them over and then it all went boobies up

It was a short Squeeze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I am very happy the current price if it stays like that, similar to closing price so I doubt there will be a huge sell off when the market opens.
    I think the in the pre-market GME prices are being manipulated to get people to sell when it opens

AMC announced an offering of 44 million new shares. I'm very surprised Game have not done the same thing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

Thanks. Just nervous, so much going on, hard to keep track of it all.

cronos wrote: »
    AMC announced an offering of 44 million new shares. I'm very surprised Game have not done the same thing to be honest.

They need shareholder approval plus they already have an option to issue up to $100million worth of stock which they may already have done so.
    If you owned stock in GME would you say ok issue more shares?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Soo after all the hot air about CCIV + Lucid air last week (pun intended)...PSAC beat them to market, with a deal for Faraday EV.

"Electric-vehicle maker Faraday Future has agreed to go public through a merger with blank-check firm Property Solutions Acquisition Corp PSAC.O in a deal valuing the combined entity at $3.4 billion, the latest firm to take the SPAC route to enter public markets"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭feelings

Anyone else stuck with 1933 on DeGiro? Cannot sell them and support don't seem to know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

AAL expecting a decline of 65% revenue Vs consensus of 40% and the stock is up 15% pre-market....long live WSB's :)

Up 80% now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

sold gme shares last night and now looking at premarket :o

You made the right call. Doesnt matter what today brings. You made a boat load of profit on a crazy situation. No need to be at the min/max points. Thats crazy risk taking.
    Congratulations sir, you did great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Robinhood also banned buying of GME, this is one of the most used apps in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Fvck that makes the usual rebuy basically not possible after the dip, too many apps colluding in this manipulation

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

That's huge, I imagine GME will drop heavily now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Kamu wrote: »
    That's huge, I imagine GME will drop heavily now.

That could be a game changer alright

have they confirmed if selling is even possible? would make more legal sense if it was a halt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

We might see that retail contingent filter through to AMC, NOK etc. All that pent up demand has to go somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How can they ban buying a stock, it's redicilolous what's happening in the states across all tech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

AMC down 20% pre market
    GME up 33% pre market

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

have they confirmed if selling is even possible? would make more legal sense if it was a halt

looks like you can close your position

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If Robinhood bans buying, then by default it bans selling too (as nobody can buy on Robinhood). Is Robinhood really gonna let their customers have no access to sell their shares while TD Ameritrade etc allow theirs to sell, thus reducing the price to double figures? That surely couldn't happen

How can they ban buying a stock, it's redicilolous what's happening in the states across all tech.

Because they change the rules when they aren't winning and the peasants are.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

It looks like buys of GME, AMC are only blocked on app, RH desktop option still working....but wtf knows....hope you got a bag of popcorn ready, this afternoon is gonna be epic

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If Robinhood bans buying, then by default it bans selling too (as nobody can buy on Robinhood). Is Robinhood really gonna let their customers have no access to sell their shares while TD Ameritrade etc allow theirs to sell, thus reducing the price to double figures? That surely couldn't happen

I dont know if Robinhood have banned selling but T212 you can still sell, either way its still fvcking disgraceful.

Although surely if Robinhood banned selling they would open themselves up to insane legal challenges?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Shedite27 wrote: »

I guess we'll find out in an hour how this will play out. I missed all the fun waiting for funds to transfer across as I didn't want to pull out of any of my current assets. So it's all entertainment for me and regret for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

WSB could just go totally rogue now and find another share to chase. Be interesting to see if GME/AMC are just one off events or whether a bit of a movement has started - if a movement how long can they sustain people's interest. Has chasing Hedge Funds become drain the swamp type hysteria?

VinLieger wrote: »
    I dont know if Robinhood have banned selling but T212 you can still sell, either way its still fvcking disgraceful.

Although surely if Robinhood banned selling they would open themselves up to insane legal challenges?
    T212 aren't holding extra shares on their balance sheet, someone is buying the shares from the sellers

• Advertisement

Darando wrote: »
    WSB could just go totally rogue now and find another share to chase. Be interesting to see if GME/AMC are just one off events or whether a bit of a movement has started - if a movement how long can they sustain people's interest. Has chasing Hedge Funds become drain the swamp type hysteria?

They've been doing it for years, this is the first time they've found a legit hole in the system and publicised it. They're already back to penny stocks like NAKD and SNDL

Advertisement