Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Man I am seriously tempted to jump on this train for the sheer thrill of it with some money that I don't mind losing if it goes tits up. Talk of apps banning buys makes me nervous.

Price has been fluctuating around 450 for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Hedge-Fund Titans Lose Billions to Reddit Traders Running Amok

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

awec wrote: »
    Man I am seriously tempted to jump on this train for the sheer thrill of it with some money that I don't mind losing if it goes tits up. Talk of apps banning buys makes me nervous.

The apps giving into hedge fund pressure is a major problem form when things dip

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

looks like market mapulation not allowing trades of certain stocks, with heavy shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Looking at Twitter and theres alot of seriously pissed off RobinHooders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Forgive my ignorance but , ....... what is involved for a company to issue new shares and how quick can they do it?
    I understand gamestop issued shares recently but did they capitalise on the High price yesterday?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Yep people can sell but can't buy on Robin Hood. Shady as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Timing belt

circadian wrote: »

They are talking about it on CNBC

circadian wrote: »

Its like the opposite of the banks when they were ****ed but they were proper ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Forgive my ignorance but , ....... what is involved for a company to issue new shares and how quick can they do it?
    I understand gamestop issued shares recently but did they capitalise on the High price yesterday?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shelfoffering.asp

They've registered an offering of 100 million dollars worth of shares back the end of last year.

That's worth a lot more now with the current share prices.

So basically over the next 3 years they have the opportunity to issue new shares from thin air.

They haven't yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

If everyone is holding then all they've done now is forced them to hold regardless. A lot of these guys aren't going to sell because they're forced to.

Getting the popcorn out for this one.

They are talking about it on CNBC

Im sure the pearl clutchers on there are delighted about it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Indians seemingly lapping up GME now...

Is anyone on the sidelines jumping in at the bell, what are you going for?

neris wrote: »
    Im sure the pearl clutchers on there are delighted about it

Yup they are over the moon they get to say "I told you so"

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Wonder how many people on this thread ignoring their day job this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Indians seemingly lapping up GME now...

Is anyone on the sidelines jumping in at the bell, what are you going for?

small bit of NAKD and NOK nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Wonder how many people on this thread ignoring their day job this week...

dont know what excuse i will come up with for missing my deadlines...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

GME falling a bit now, its exactly what they want with halt in buying

absolutely tanking now

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Down at 270.

• Advertisement

This is the end is it?

Going back up...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jams100

awec wrote: »

This is going to end badly for some. At least your gambling with money you don't mind loosing.

I'm too young to remember the dot.com bubble but people are just charging into anything now and that's pretty much what happened back then.

The dogs on the street know that regulators are going to act soon. It's not a case of if they'll act but when they'll act.

Gambling in GME? Could you double your money? Yes Could you lose 95%? Yes. I haven't and won't be getting on board with this madness. Best of luck to whoever is going to gamble on these but don't come back here complaining when this all goes tits up.

Anyone looking at any companies with good fundamentals? Tech is having a fair pullback along side exceptional earnings

Diageo posted increased sales this morning against an expected reduction. That's good execution, they should also get a small bump when things eventually return to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

dan786 wrote: »
    This is the end is it?

Its not the end , look at the tactics they have resorted to in the USA - Putting massive pressure on all the apps retail traders use to stop GME being bought. Outrageous carry on - GME should launch a case against them , its a legit share for decades.

At least degiro isnt at it - Yet.

Some desperation moves being pulled by Wall Street , just goes to show never let the little guy win.

The robinhood app in the USA is widely used and they have stopped. Its nuts they should look at class action

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Still in, have removed my initial investment so I'm just going to ride it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's gonna be a serious investigation into this.

Robinhood stopped buying, taking down the demand side so reducing the price.

Leaving sales open tho meant that people could still sell, but TO WHO? If I can't buy on Robinhood, but can sell on Robinhood, so where are the shares going? They going to the fund managers, to cover shorts? Someone has to be buying the shares. Shares don't just disappear.

The movie made out of this is gonna be great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Fierce scummy carry on. I would hope Saxo would never do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Has any other broker stopped allowing buy for GME etc or just Robinhood? Is Trading 212 the same? Revolut seems fine and etoro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

AMC down 30% pre.

• Advertisement

KOSS upto 95$ premarket. Was $10 yesterday morning

Advertisement