Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Gone in on Virgin...

Virgin no more then :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

I would be very wary of buying into this now, i bought into AMC and NAKD earlier in the week. I wont b adding to position, but there might be another stock out there that will get the reddit gang going -but i will wait and see. I see AMC is off the pre-open lows so there is buyers out there somehwhere, if your going to buy into any of this madness i would be willing to write off that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

$395, crazy stuff. It's like they just píssed people off more now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

MikeSoys wrote: »
    I would be very wary of buying into this now, i bought into AMC and NAKD earlier in the week. I wont b adding to position, but there might be another stock out there that will get the reddit gang going -but i will wait and see. I see AMC is off the pre-open lows so there is buyers out there somehwhere, if your going to buy into any of this madness i would be willing to write off that money.

I agree, this would be something to do with for the craic that you wont mind losing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I agree, this would be something to do with for the craic that you wont mind losing on.

Ya, if i was going in, I'd probably buy 1 share and just see how it goes. I'm far too risk averse for this stuff normally and just throw money into the pension. It looks so much fun though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

never made €1400 in about 6 minutes before. Traded GME on IG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Messing round with the few spare euro in my Degiro on NAKD (Less than €50). Mad seeing jumps of 100% so quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Got in on revolut at 285 at the off and doubled down on NOK as it's dropped 20%. Bought Nakd yesterday at an 0.85 average, hoping that's the one that goes higher if GME and AMC are restricted.

Robinhood could be seriously shooting themselves in the foot here, and they completely deserve it. T212 as well, extremely disappointed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

20% watching 2k turn into 3k is very satisfying, would kill to be that young lad in cork right now 😂 House sorted thanks to Reddit.

Unless wsb are totally banned I camt imagine that they will not fixate on another stock after this wild ride is over, or even during it. Worth keeping an eye on and punting a few quid on whatever other stock they jump on... again, gambling money for the lols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

robman60 wrote: »
    Got in on revolut at 285 at the off and doubled down on NOK as it's dropped 20%. Bought Nakd yesterday at an 0.85 average, hoping that's the one that goes higher if GME and AMC are restricted.

Robinhood could be seriously shooting themselves in the foot here, and they completely deserve it. T212 as well, extremely disappointed with them.

NOK is on Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Making a killing on Capital.com , Im out at 500 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Gamestop gone to $450 now. Tis mad Ted.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

TitianGerm wrote: »
    NOK is on Revolut?

No I got NOK on T212 sorry.

Also got Virgin Galactic on a dip at opening because it's been mentioned and it's the perfect meme stock for the to the moon crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

It’s a total bollocks that we can’t order in the Dip on 212 ... maybe it’s to do with fractional Shares

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

My 700 Sundial Growers (SNDL) shares popped off today (nearly 100% up)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

None of my revolut orders going through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Revoult transaction pending for anyone else?

30min pending on AMC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

GME still showing on Revolut but I had a buy that I placed around 12:30 marked as declined at 14:32.
    Tried placing another one, will see what happens.

AMC and BB still pending, Virgin space went through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

NAKD now halted

Seriously there must be serious legal consequences for all these apps like Robinhood etc tucking people over by not letting them buy and only letting them sell

Ush1 wrote: »
    None of my revolut orders going through?

its possible the site is overwhelmed , guessing though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Halt on GME

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Ig seems to be down, cant close out of positions

mad ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

There is no reason why an app should stop people buying a stock. Its a free market out there.
    People can buy whatever they like.

Degiro won't let me buy Gamestop either. Says - 'This product group is currently disabled (Standard Shares)'

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Seriously there must be serious legal consequences for all these apps like Robinhood etc tucking people over by not letting them buy and only letting them sell

There'll certainly be commercial consequences.
    Who would use their platform if they cannot guarantee you access to the market to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Halt on NAKD also

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

andy125 wrote: »
    Revoult transaction pending for anyone else?

30min pending on AMC

I tried to sell a stock that wouldnt necessarily be caught up in this madness and pending since open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

There is no reason why an app should stop people buying a stock. Its a free market out there.
    People can buy whatever they like.

Not to say your underlying sentiment isn't right but ....

Don't forget:

The NYSE and Nasdaq are both companies.

Robinhood is also a private company operating in a free market, so in a sense they are free to stop their customers from using parts of their application. They shouldn't be though.

Advertisement