Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

GME tanked to 330. Halted

Have 10 at 2.65. Thankfully an order for 30 didn't go through. Bombing down now. 1.58

NAKD going up again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Think ill sell AMC - surely no way back from here?

There's a bullish case for a long term hold that's all I'd say on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

It'll pump straight back up to 400 when resumed. Mad stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

dan786 wrote: »
    GME tanked to 330. Halted

Expect huge swings throughout the day with GME. Watch it still close in the green (from a person who sold 95% of my shares in GME yesterday!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Think we're witnessing a pump and dump on an epic scale. Everything collapsing that was tipped to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Beginning to look like the game is over

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Retail essentially locked out of buying GME, AMC, NAKD, SNDL. Everything is tanking.. Id expect bounce over coming days except for GME maybe..

It was epic while it lasted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Trading halt number 7 for the day for AMC

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

GME down to 297.

• Advertisement

AMC & GME both halted simultaneously

FML bought GME at 440 ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Revolut keep declining all my sells, anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

It's not over yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ouch, crossing fingers for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Surely the platforms can't halt trading on GME/AMC etc indefinitely. I think there is a strong argument to not panic and see what happens over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

AMC will rise again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

masterK wrote: »
    Surely the platforms can't halt trading on GME/AMC etc indefinitely. I think there is a strong argument to not panic and see what happens over the coming days.

Yeah I'm holding, they can't stop buying indefinitely.

Its all buy and dumps across the boards GME, AMC, NAKD and KOSS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Of course GME is tanking they just locked out huge amount of investors and only allowed them to sell.

I hedged earlier today so will be coming out ahead , but i will hold to the bitter end at this stage.

• Advertisement

This is market manipulation, not allowing the retailer to buy, or even to get out of a position at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

buyer95 wrote: »
    This is market manipulation, not allowing the retailer to buy, or even to get out of a position at the moment.

Its rigged isnt it...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

masterK wrote: »

If the shorts get out though there won't be a need for anyone to buy anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

buyer95 wrote: »

I’d go further and suggest they are trying to induce a massive sell off - manipulation or sowing seeds of fear to their advantage.

It’s very strange that you can’t purchase a share but then again maybe they don’t have them to sell.

Another halt at 264.

AMC recovering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

AMC back up to 9.20

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

I'm a rabid capitalist but what happened today is an eye opener that the market is rigged.

Still believe it's the calm before the storm and it will all come to a head tomorrow afternoon which should lead to the actual squeeze we are hearing so much about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You can't win at this pump and dump stuff. At the end of the day, you can only be up by taking money from someone else trying to do exactly the same thing. I think longterm, value investing is the only way to go. Boring I know, but its the only way to make a return.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

If the shorts get out though there won't be a need for anyone to buy anymore.

I was wondering about this - how do you know if a short gets out ? Is it just based on what the reported % of short interest in the shares are as of end of day / reporting period?

When I did a basic stock screener based on short interest I filtered by those 40+% shorted. Think there were only 7 or 8 (US markets only). GME was around 89%.

Edit - short interest is as of 15 Jan, not sure how often it’s updated on my trading account.

Advertisement