Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

the volume is so low in it too - where can you actually get it? not on etoro or revolut

T212

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

dan786 wrote: »
    You have been here all along without seeing the Reddit thread? :eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

:eek::eek::eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

My uptrending growth stock picks across a reasonably broad range of industrys:

NIO
    Square
    NNDM
    Fiverr
    Digital Turbine
    UMC
    Crispr
    MARA
    Palantir
    DAC
    Grow Generation
    Enphase energy

I'd call this a reasonably high risk high reward pick. Strickly only buy any of the above on either the 20day or 50day moving average pullback, and Dollar average into the stock market if your a beginner. The only other advice I'd have, if you want a hands off approach to investing then go with a Scottish mortgage trust, this is available on Trading 212 under the symbol SMT, this is the same as a high growth EFT, except much more tax friendly in the Irish context.

Put in limit buy order for 200 shares in NIO at 55. I don't think we will see that low today.

Had planned to put in an order for Novavax, Inc. but totally forgot and by the time I realized the price surged 60%. Their vaccine is in the news so still tempted to buy a small bit as it could continue upward trend with rollout of its vaccine.

Very low volume of GME. First 10 mins was 10m. The next 2+ hours has only added another 12m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

What are peoples thoughts on AMD, good buying opportunity now do you think or more to go? Ive been averaging down since 97 but their earnings didn't move it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

Very low volume of GME. First 10 mins was 10m. The next 2+ hours has only added another 12m.

Traders seem to be holding firm, would this mean it's less likely now for the stock to dip much at all today? Really wanted to buy a few at 120 yesterday! The current price is too high for an entry point. (Could be famous last words)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Squeeze might kick later if this low volume keeps up otherwise were definitely into next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I'm balls deep in BB, been a rollercoaster, but hanging on in there, anyone else here in BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dartkerry

Vaxart, Inc. (VXRT) make flu vaccines in pill form. Will have a press conference next week with their CEO and Dr. Fauchi regarding a Covid vaccine pill. Which the WHO has said is needed to vaccinate the whole world. Seems interesting, though it has blown up 30% today. I am in @ 11.32.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Squeeze might kick later if this low volume keeps up otherwise were definitely into next week

Think the crash yesterday meant that hedge funds extended their shorts so this could go on for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I'm balls deep in BB, been a rollercoaster, but hanging on in there, anyone else here in BB?

Yeah I got a couple earlier. Will just leave them there for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Valhallapt wrote: »

I just sold out, nothing to do with BB itself but if GME tanks they all will so said I'd lower my risk a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

Brainz wrote: »
    Bought some Lexicon a few weeks ago, going well so far,

Yeah i mentioned it in the other thread a few weeks back. It's my best performer, up 400-500% since i bought on 1st December. Not a recommendation to buy at this stage.

Apple price has pulled back from 145 to 131 now after record sales. Market cap is huge though,how much bigger can they get?

All of the solid earnings being ignored for this Game stuff could lead to some good buying opportunities elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

I just sold all my AMC I am tired from looking at it lol, made a small loss and now of course the price goes up - the robinhood thing yesterday seriously messed it up for me, panic sold a lot of shares yesterday at low prices

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

DutchYurt wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on AMD, good buying opportunity now do you think or more to go? Ive been averaging down since 97 but their earnings didn't move it :/

I was only looking at their chart early for a possible swingtrade, not the worst of setups, alot of support with both horizontal price support (so from all the activity around the 87$ last few months), and then also hitting the 100day ma, but I would be looking for a strong bounce off this mark before I'd enter, if it break both these important supports it could sink quickly to 80 as investors get spooked. That's all purely from a technical point of view. I went with tsm for a swingtrade instead, much simple setup, clear uptrend on all 3 of the 20 50 and 100day moving average, and touch off the 20day today.

GME starting to lift off

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

AMC is ticking along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

370 plus now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

AMC you beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Is VXRT part of the short sqeeze as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Just out of AMC. Fun while it lasted. There will always be opportunities that come around, maybe not this crazy again but interesting to see the aftermath of all this.

imo -
    suppose the shorts expire today..and h. funds are forced to buy stocks on Monday prices. what then.. the 'digitial occupy wallstreet' bet against the shorts and won. the stocks wont keep going up. people will start selling as they won and are moving to another stock maybe to repeat. Morgan Stanley [comment on cnbc this morning] are concerned about open short positions they have in a number of stocks. the US market is down partly due to liquidity issues arrising from this if the movement goes to other stocks it should open better value in S&P stocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

MikeSoys wrote: »
    imo -
    suppose the shorts expire today..and h. funds are forced to buy stocks on Monday prices. what then.. the 'digitial occupy wallstreet' bet against the shorts and won. the stocks wont keep going up. people will start selling as they won and are moving to another stock maybe to repeat. Morgan Stanley [comment on cnbc this morning] are concerned about open short positions they have in a number of stocks. the US market is down partly due to liquidity issues arrising from this if the movement goes to other stocks it should open better value in S&P stocks.
    Uneducated here, but am I right in saying that shorts don't expire, but it costs the short seller fees every day based on the price of the stock. So the incentive to "get out" is that if they don't get out they will keep paying mad fees. So to "save" money, or not lose as much, they will get out, rather than a deadline of a certain date where they have to get out. So theoretically they could stay in as long as they want but it will cost them a, potentially, prohibitive amount to stay in so they are "squeezed" out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AMC on a ride.

Lost all faith in Nokia. That's dead and not coming back

Thinking of selling my AMC.... Bought at 7 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

cc87 wrote: »
    Not knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the merger process but they just did a second filing with the SEC yesterday.

https://fintel.io/doc/sec-longevity-acquisition-corp-prer14a-2021-january-28-18655-453
    What happens to current shares held on AIM when the NASDAQ listing occurs, do they remain listed on AIM as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

100% profit. Going to be hard to beat that. Great days work. (if you decide to sell)

• Advertisement

you not going to the moon and beyond, :eek:

Advertisement