Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

dan786 wrote: »
    deepf--kingvalue all over the news, a youtuber who streams from his basement in Boston. CNBC gave out his real name, where he lives, who he worked for etc.

I had a look at this youtube - this was his first gamestop video 6 months ago and he made loads of vids since then, really interesting clearly a smart guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZTr1-Gp74U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Not targeting anyone, just hope they know that it's not just free money. Revolut makes it very easy for those that don't know.

Saw someone on facebook posting about it and people in the comments asking what it was about. 3 comments later they're up on Revolut buying.

Apologies, had a crap week in work. Your completely right.

Am wondering if all these new investors in ireland from Twitter and FB who jumped on this $GME bandwagon will be declaring to the tax man

If people invested in the last few days they've probably made no profit or very minimal. I dont think many made thousands on it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

dan786 wrote: »
    deepf--kingvalue all over the news, a youtuber who streams from his basement in Boston. CNBC gave out his real name, where he lives, who he worked for etc.

He’ll be streaming from a penthouse soon enough. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Here goes the dumping...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Am wondering if all these new investors in ireland from Twitter and FB who jumped on this $GME bandwagon will be declaring to the tax man

Most people are just dipping their toes in with a few hundred or a few k if even that. They've got to end up with over 1300 before the tax man is interested. 99% don't need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Here comes the dump!

250k shares dumped in a minute and it looks like retail just gobbled it up and drove the price back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

RH limiting to 1 share purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

I had a look at this youtube - this was his first gamestop video 6 months ago and he made loads of vids since then, really interesting clearly a smart guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZTr1-Gp74U

U/deepfuc*ingvalue *=k

His update today

opzucppb15e61.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

circadian wrote: »
    250k shares dumped in a minute and it looks like retail just gobbled it up and drove the price back up.

How do you see the volume of trades?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

How do you know who's buying or selling? 99% of the trades could be between so called retails. People at home with covid buying and selling all day.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

joe123 wrote: »
    How do you see the volume of trades?

Yahoo finance

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

Shorts ent finished yet.. if this squeeze works there should be cheap good long term stocks next week

• Administrators Posts: 53,835 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I’m going to hold mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Nowhere near enough volume moved yet to cover the shorts. Would not be surprised this rides in to middle next week.

awec wrote: »
    I’m going to hold mine.

I'm holding onto my amc. As it stands now

How do you know who's buying or selling? 99% of the trades could be between so called retails. People at home with covid buying and selling all day.

It's up and down in the hundreds/low thousands all day, when you see 250k in one go it's probably not a retailer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

This is it wrote: »
    It's up and down in the hundreds/low thousands all day, when you see 250k in one go it's probably not a retailer

OK, gotcha. Where can you see the volume traded over time? As in a volume versus time graph.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

so robinhood have again limited people to buy one stock - I am wondering Monday, people could have new accounts on other brokers ready to go? Hard to tell how its going to go at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Things are starting to fizzle out.

Me thinks the hedge funds are selling to each other at lower & lower prices to try drag down the market. On low volume that's easier to do.

Reddit lads need to keep buying up on dips to push up the prices

OK, gotcha. Where can you see the volume traded over time? As in a volume versus time graph.

Yahoo finance is pretty good

daheff wrote: »

Me thinks the hedge funds are selling to each other at lower & lower prices to try drag down the market. On low volume that's easier to do.

There was a big spike in price a few mins ago.

so robinhood have again limited people to buy one stock - I am wondering Monday, people could have new accounts on other brokers ready to go? Hard to tell how its going to go at the moment

Sound like Google will be removing more negative reviews RH app reviews over the weekend. I'd say it would take 3 working days to transfer to another account...wondering would they restrict outflows from RH accounts due to overwhelming 'volumns'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

There was a big spike in price a few mins ago.
    I'm holding still, lets ride this to the end :D

daheff wrote: »

The market closed under 200 dollars yesterday so I think its doing pretty good - I'm taking nothing in the after hours or early market seriously

Looks like it'll break the 300 mark any minute now again.

I expect in the last hour though it'll drop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

50 shares at a cost per share average of $91... House deposit potential!! Trying to keep calm but it’s been a stressful week in a good way!

Is that a cup and handle or have my eyes deceived me since I haven't looked at charts for this long before. A week of chart watching.

Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Looks like it'll break the 300 mark any minute now again.

I expect in the last hour though it'll drop again.

Curious if we will see a lot of last minute calls on the shorts spiking the price

Advertisement