Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

VinLieger wrote: »
    Curious if we will see a lot of last minute calls on the shorts spiking the price

Yep I've got some lowball buys in, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

VinLieger wrote: »
    Curious if we will see a lot of last minute calls on the shorts spiking the price

At the start of the week Friday was D-Day but think everyone is willing to bring this into next week l. I think if it goes >$250 there will be massive buying of the stock rather than a mass sell out. It’s going to be a long weekend though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

No volume. Barely any at all. Wondering if retail will continue to pick up the dips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Last hour will be make or break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

50 shares at a cost per share average of $91... House deposit potential!! Trying to keep calm but it’s been a stressful week in a good way!

I'd have been well out in the $450-470 bracket it hit. But that's probably why I won't make much money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

did Robinhood actually have a legit reason for doing what they did? was it costing them too much money? Just worried other brokers may have the same issue next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

just broke 300 again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

did Robinhood actually have a legit reason for doing what they did? was it costing them too much money? Just worried other brokers may have the same issue next week?
    Liquidity issue. As they explained it, they give money to a clearing house who hold it as a cahs balance. When you buy Tesla through Robinhood, they pass the message instantly to the clearing house, and the clearing house take it from the cash balance. At the end of the day, the cash you gave Robinhood goes to clearing house to reload the balance.

The amount flowing into Robinhood this week was too much for that system to keep up with so there was gonna be a point when Paddy wants to buy AMC, Robinhood send the message to clearning house, and clearing house say "insufficient funds". They thought stopping the big volume stocks would continue to trade normal stocks.

Believe what you will.

This is it wrote: »
    I'd have been well out in the $450-470 bracket it hit. But that's probably why I won't make much money :D

Ya should have taken profits at times gradually but it really hasn’t been >$400 all that much! Shorts still haven’t covered either.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭oinkely

Question on this. Us markets close at 9, so is it worth keeping an eye around then to see if there's a dip and then hold to Monday with the intention of selling at market open? I made about 15% buying yesterday at two different price points and selling today when I was happy to let it go. Is, hit the 15%. Only gambled a tiny stake to see how it worked, but genuinely curious if this is something that people do regularly, on this and other stocks. Maybe not the right forum to ask the question, but interested to know. I'm happy with my 15%. Might try a rinse and repeat with a slightly higher stake. Note I'm using revolut as it's so accessible for idiots like me who know nothing, and will perhaps take the time to learn some day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Gerrup ya boya

oinkely wrote: »
    Question on this. Us markets close at 9, so is it worth keeping an eye around then to see if there's a dip and then hold to Monday with the intention of selling at market open? I made about 15% buying yesterday at two different price points and selling today when I was happy to let it go. Is, hit the 15%. Only gambled a tiny stake to see how it worked, but genuinely curious if this is something that people do regularly, on this and other stocks. Maybe not the right forum to ask the question, but interested to know. I'm happy with my 15%. Might try a rinse and repeat with a slightly higher stake. Note I'm using revolut as it's so accessible for idiots like me who know nothing, and will perhaps take the time to learn some day!

Yep you’re near on day trading... When a stock is this volatile a good money maker. Buy the dip and sell on the rise but you are also playing into the shorts hands.... The reason it is rising is because the vast majority are holding!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Every drop in AMC has been met with resistance. Expecting a major drop off in the next half hour. And I'll be reloading if it looks as though it will stay over 9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

50 shares at a cost per share average of $91... House deposit potential!! Trying to keep calm but it’s been a stressful week in a good way!

Wow, fair play to ya! Hope it goes well!

bought small AMC @ 13.185

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is Jim cramer on holidays? Haven't seen a mad money podcast in a few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Got that wrong!

Been in hospital for the week with a bad back

endainoz wrote: »
    Wow, fair play to ya! Hope it goes well!

Thanks! I’ve nobody in the real world told... Just stressing away myself

Ha, he was very public about being first in line for his vaccine a few weeks back.

He had a trapped nerve, he rang into the CNBC today from the hospital, apparently all the hospital staff were asking him if they should buy Gamestock or AMC

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/jRHlprpFVPc He rang into CNBC today alright

Thanks! I’ve nobody in the real world told... Just stressing away myself

don't tell anybody. enjoy it. treat yourself to some stuff you mightn't have otherwise

If I'd told the wife how much I was up or down on any given day she'd walk out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

predictions for Monday? I'm very tempted to buy in a bit more, even half a share :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Bought 60 shares in NAKD to see what happens next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Renault 5 wrote: »
    Bought 60 shares in NAKD to see what happens next week.

I've 100, Let's see what happens.

some person on reddit just found a way around the brokers buying limits

buy calls and immediately exercise

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l82y7u/how_to_buy_gme_above_broker_limits/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Kamu wrote: »
    I've 100, Let's see what happens.

Yep I'm in for 80

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If I'd told the wife how much I was up or down on any given day she'd walk out the door.

Your going to buy more then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

So the little guys held tough, have a rest for the weekend lads and reassemble on Monday morning

Advertisement