Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

What a stonk

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

from reddit I garner it was very good we closed above 320? Was it something to do with the shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Is Jim cramer on holidays? Haven't seen a mad money podcast in a few days...

His Twitter account is silent too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    His Twitter account is silent too

Sounds like he's in hospital, mad money always a good listen

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bla.bla.b

Forgive my ignorance. Re AMC - folks saying it needed to stay above $9 to give it a chance of shooting up Monday. Something about call options expiring today. Anybody have time to explain this theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Does anyone have a spreadsheet they used to keep track of profits and tax due?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

bla.bla.b wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance. Re AMC - folks saying it needed to stay above $9 to give it a chance of shooting up Monday. Something about call options expiring today. Anybody have time to explain this theory?

How high will they shoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Thanks! I’ve nobody in the real world told... Just stressing away myself

What price do you need to get to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Does anyone have a spreadsheet they used to keep track of profits and tax due?

Yes but haven't sold a stock in 4 years

OK so I've a spreadsheet with all the buying info, price, commission etc.

I set up a portfolio on yahoo finance and export to excel then do a vlookup from my spreadsheet using the ticker to get the latest price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

• Advertisement

why isn't revolut and a lot of other brokers not putting limits??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sounds like he's in hospital, mad money always a good listen

I like Jim

If he doesn't do a Tony Montana level of Pure Colombian every morning before work?

Just what exactly is he fueled by ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bla.bla.b

daheff wrote: »
    How high will they shoot?

Not how high they will shoot. But rather the significance of the $9 call options expiring today?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

bla.bla.b wrote: »

any holders of the 9$ calls will want to exercise as they are in the money
    the seller of those calls will need to buy the stock to make delivery

any holders of the 9$ calls will want to exercise as they are in the money
    the seller of those calls will need to buy the stock to make delivery

How many shares are needed to be covered

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

daheff wrote: »
    How many shares are needed to be covered

People are saying the shorts are still holding 112% so its down from 139% but a squeeze is still absolutely possible

VinLieger wrote: »
    People are saying the shorts are still holding 112% so its down from 139% but a squeeze is still absolutely possible

Is that GME or AMC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Only 5 GME shares left now. The benefit of hindsight isn't good for the mind, I'd be very much a buy and hold investor but couldnt ignore the GME chatter.

130 shares in November at 18, sold at 16.
    120 shares in Jan at 20, sold 60 of them at 45, the other 60 at 41.

And le killer, 180 shares at 40 last week. Bottled 145 of them and sold at 40, kept 35 of them for the ride. Sold 30 of them this week in and around 300 so can't complain and hindsight is 20:20 but what could have been. Considering the absolute dross I've kept over the years and turned down small profits. The mind in a funny thing.

Have around 200 AMC and 800 NAKD now, not sure what to do. Dubious about NAKD tbh.

Is that GME or AMC?

GME, AMC i think maxed out at 68% shorted

Only 5 GME shares left now. The benefit of hindsight isn't good for the mind, I'd be very much a buy and hold investor but couldnt ignore the GME chatter.

130 shares in November at 18, sold at 16.
    120 shares in Jan at 20, sold 60 of them at 45, the other 60 at 41.

And le killer, 180 shares at 40 last week. Bottled 145 of them and sold at 40, kept 35 of them for the ride. Sold 30 of them this week in and around 300 so can't complain and hindsight is 20:20 but what could have been. Considering the absolute dross I've kept over the years and turned down small profits. The mind in a funny thing.

Have around 200 AMC and 800 NAKD now, not sure what to do. Dubious about NAKD tbh.

wow, at least you made a bit of profit dude, not many have!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yeah its a smallest violin moment, nobody will rightly give a ****e and this could have equally tanked. But that's not how the mind works!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

I'm not made for day trading.....sweet Jesus I'm wrecked !

Lol absolutely nothing is moving during after hours cus nobody is selling anything, pre market monday morning will be very interesting when they start getting desperate.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Lol absolutely nothing is moving during after hours cus nobody is selling anything, pre market monday morning will be very interesting when they start getting desperate.

Let's hope there's no shenanigans over the weekend

What happens next week then? I thought today was some kind of endgame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

we stare at graphs when we should be doing our real jobs, between this and the weather forum not a tap of work will be done

• Advertisement

It was for some of the options expiring end of day today. They need to be covered....Monday pretrade could see madness....or not

Advertisement