Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I think most people have quietly sold a few of their shares this week to ensure that no matter what they are in profit . Then sit on the rest till it rockets or falls flat , I wonder do the investment funds realise yet the type of irrational degenerates they are dealing with in this situation . Logic is out the window they made it personal when they stopped them buying this week .

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What happens next week then? I thought today was some kind of endgame.

Hold the line.

3m8jlf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Would it be worthwhile for the hedge funds to start shorting GME now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Like taking out shorts, waiting for the spike to pass and then everything to collapse?

Maybe, not sure how viable a move that is. Especially with a lot of people more than likely to sell 50% of their shares near the peak and hold the rest, the shorts would be absolutely annhialated if they couldn't get the shares down to an absurdly low price after hanging on.

awec wrote: »
    Hold the line.

3m8jlf.jpg

LOL. I'm just happy to be part of this. It's really broken the monotony of lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

circadian wrote: »
    Like taking out shorts, waiting for the spike to pass and then everything to collapse?

Maybe, not sure how viable a move that is. Especially with a lot of people more than likely to sell 50% of their shares near the peak and hold the rest, the shorts would be absolutely annhialated if they couldn't get the shares down to an absurdly low price after hanging on.

Yea that's what I was thinking of, the end result of course could be the share price spiralling out of control even more, not sure that the SEC would be overly enthusiastic about that. Eventually though the share price has to collapse (I presume)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Has anyone looked into FRSX?

Had a big jump recently but their autonomous car approach seems promising with long term potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭slo007

DutchYurt wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on AMD

Bought at 56 and sold at 85. I think it's overpriced now with all the free money in the market (kids back with parents with no expenses). Would wait for things to settle down a bit.

Bought Intel at 46. Trying to decide if it's worth going long on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

When wall street get themselves into a pickle they (I guarantee) will somehow get the rules changed to work in their favour..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭slo007

My top winners in 2020

+200%

TTM (260% last week, still off 2019's high)
    MS
    IVZ

+150%

BBOX.L
    DELL
    BG
    BHP
    HBI
    HPQ
    GT
    BBD
    CHS
    GM
    ABBV
    HAL

I confess I was extremely lucky with some shares, buying at the bottom of the V c. March 2020.

As the U.S. hits the 500,000 mark in February and vaccines get delayed over and over in run up to the summer, we may see another wobble in the markets. The $1,400 ($2,000?) Uncle Sam giveaway may prop the market a little, but not sure how long it will last.

Trying to decide if all the "world is coming to an end" articles in the FT and NYT have any basis in reality, or if fund managers are just looking for a cheap way back in.

Currently have about 60 stocks invested. Clearly too many, but glad I diversified as some went poof (i.e. CHL, LLOY.L "don't ask").

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Timmaay wrote: »
    I was only looking at their chart early for a possible swingtrade, not the worst of setups, alot of support with both horizontal price support (so from all the activity around the 87$ last few months), and then also hitting the 100day ma, but I would be looking for a strong bounce off this mark before I'd enter, if it break both these important supports it could sink quickly to 80 as investors get spooked. That's all purely from a technical point of view. I went with tsm for a swingtrade instead, much simple setup, clear uptrend on all 3 of the 20 50 and 100day moving average, and touch off the 20day today.

I bought some TSM about 2 weeks ago at about $124...felt the story was compelling etc. and that it was about to take off...... but the SP performance has been poor . Its down to about $121 now. What do you put this down to? is all the good news baked into the SP already or have goings on in other parts of the market distracted attention away from what should in theory at least be an absolute banger of a stock.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

why isn't revolut and a lot of other brokers not putting limits??

This was a problem specific to Robinhoods relationship with their clearing house, won't affect all brokers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Not sure they'll be shorting after this week, but I can see a lot buying puts

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This was a problem specific to Robinhoods relationship with their clearing house, won't affect all brokers

It literally affected basically all retail brokers on Thursday and any who it didn't affect Thursday like Freetrade it affected Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I bought some TSM about 2 weeks ago at about $124...felt the story was compelling etc. and that it was about to take off...... but the SP performance has been poor . Its down to about $121 now. What do you put this down to? is all the good news baked into the SP already or have goings on in other parts of the market distracted attention away from what should in theory at least be an absolute banger of a stock.?

You prob didn't check across the last 2wks lol? It did take off, hit 136 at it peak! The drop since is pure down to it went up "too much too soon", in 1st 3wks of jan it went from 110 to 136, that's in no way sustainable even for a high growth company. I would go as far as saying that at 124 2wks ago, it had already gone up "too much too soon", and was too far extended above its 20day moving average line (the green line), your purely buying a breakout play then, and need that hype and fomo to continue, which it did all the way to 136, until all the GameStop stuff kicked off. I bought it yesterday at 122 because it's now had a chance to cool off, and pulled back to its 20day ma, reasonable amount of support around the 122 mark from all the action around that mark 2wks ago. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe it will crash back to like 110 (which would only be giving back 1month of gains), but the hope is that it will resume on upwards from this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

What's the end game for deepfu1cking value the lad that started this ?
    I presume he will have to cash out at some stage to get his money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

naughto wrote: »
    What's the end game for deepfu1cking value the lad that started this ?
    I presume he will have to cash out at some stage to get his money

He'll get Epsteined lol.

Ya been thinking about that but presume he'll be in high demand for everything now.

That video was fun to watch... It was like 30 minutes of "I can't figure GME out but there's something about it and I can't put my finger on it". It's like when you see a killer move in chess before you know what it is.

More importantly... What's his next one?

Treppen wrote: »

More importantly... What's his next one?

That's the key question. For at least a few months after this, whatever stock he endorses people will jump on. There's a return to be made from getting in early and flipping before eod I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

I have bought one share of GME at $340. I will hold it for my grandchildren.
    I WILL NEVER SELL !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Dartkerry wrote: »
    Vaxart, Inc. (VXRT) make flu vaccines in pill form. Will have a press conference next week with their CEO and Dr. Fauchi regarding a Covid vaccine pill. Which the WHO has said is needed to vaccinate the whole world. Seems interesting, though it has blown up 30% today. I am in @ 11.32.

Took a small punt earlier. Read about it in Motley Fool -" 3 COVID-19 Vaccine Stocks That Could Be the Biggest Winners in a Post-Pandemic World"

• Advertisement

Thelonious wrote: »
    I have bought one share of GME at $340. I will hold it for my grandchildren.
    I WILL NEVER SELL !!!

AMC, the company, did very good business out of this. Quite likely the saving of the company.

Not sure GME did similar and will eventually go out of business.

AMC, the company, did very good business out of this. Quite likely the saving of the company.

Not sure GME did similar and will eventually go out of business.

I thought gme recently attracted investment, they also signed a distribution deal with Microsoft which was apparently huge news for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

sold AMC yesterday for a profit of ten quid

bought the day before and watched it drop 35% before recovering , sold at the open yesterday

i had no interest in it and the cinema chain looks to be in much worse shape than GME , what with covid and all

bought more Amazon yesterday when it dipped below $3200

earnings on Tuesday

I thought gme recently attracted investment, they also signed a distribution deal with Microsoft which was apparently huge news for them.

Possibly, but hugely hugely over valued based on intrinsic value.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    sold AMC yesterday for a profit of ten quid

bought the day before and watched it drop 35% before recovering , sold at the open yesterday

i had no interest in it and the cinema chain looks to be in much worse shape than GME , what with covid and all

People have made life changing monies on this, but not only shorts ( no tears there) will lose big money.

Tempting, but I've stayed away. While most of us like to think investing isn't gambling, that there's a DD intelligence around it I'd give someone making money on this the same kudos as picking the winner in a football match.

People have made life changing monies on this, but not only shorts ( no tears there) will lose big money.

Tempting, but I've stayed away. While most of us like to think investing isn't gambling, that there's a DD intelligence around it I'd give someone making money on this the same kudos as picking the winner in a football match.

im well aware that going near AMC or GME is pure gambling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

The original redditor was not gambling to be fair. Well no more than normal, stock market at its core is gambling but done right its more like poker than sports betting IMHO.

He's a long term investor and he did a lot of research on it. The rest of the sub jumped on after ridiculing his original posts from months ago. Which has now turned his originally well researched well thought out punt into pure dot.com level bubble. Its made him a fcking multi millionaire tho which is pretty cool.

The original redditor was not gambling to be fair. Well no more than normal, stock market at its core is gambling but done right its more like poker than sports betting IMHO.

He's a long term investor and he did a lot of research on it. The rest of the sub jumped on after ridiculing his original posts from months ago. Which has now turned his originally well researched well thought out punt into pure dot.com level bubble. Its made him a fcking multi millionaire tho which is pretty cool.

Absolutely. It's the reddit pump that's fascinating, but ultimately too risky for me. His next publicised play will also make him lots of money regardless of the fundamentals. Imagine if he jumped into a penny stock or something like wirecard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    im well aware that going near AMC or GME is pure gambling

I got on AMC around $10 after the initial spike and drop, thankfully revolute took a while to activate my trading account. I think its prob worth around half that without the reddit pumps, so I'm happy to hold it and hope for some crazy level reddit wins.

I think anyone buying gme now are taking a crazy risk. It could go to a thousand but if its proper value is around 20$ when the drop comes some people are going to lose a lot of money with no possibility of ever recouping it.

Advertisement