Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Yeah just did a quick search on the 2020 thread. I'd say there were a few lads from here in it early but who knows when they sold. Hopefully they did well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

Ripple XRG up 56% today.

Only in for 20 quid unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

bunnyboxer wrote: »
    Ripple XRG up 56% today.

Only in for 20 quid unfortunately.

Yeah I just cashed out when it was at 39 cent. Made a few euro ha. I guess there will be a renewed interest in crypto and stock investing in general with all this mainstream news attention.

Trading212 aren't letting people sign up now, even to their "demo", when you click it says they are not accepting new people currently due to unprecedented demand.

Looks like there are thousands of people in the same position and headspace as me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

What's yere take on the silver situation. Even with the surge of people investing what does it look likely to rise to? Or will it even rise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

What's yere take on the silver situation. Even with the surge of people investing what does it look likely to rise to? Or will it even rise?

I think it will rise over the course 2021. Demand has be growing since 2016, while supply has been declining. There has been shortages for the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Big Lots - big
    Renewable Energy Group - regi
    Hammerson - hmso
    Intel - intc
    Rocket Companies - rkt
    Mr Cooper - coop
    BWX technologies - bwxt

1/5 of portfolio in btc on the speculative bet that many will give the two fingers to "the establishment" after recent events.

and a tiny bit of bb, nok, amc because I'm young and dumb

Sold out of BOI (98%), shell (40%) and IAG (35%) recently

I can't get my head around tech valuations so I'm missing out on that side. Like I'm completely dumbfounded when I look at the financials of a lot of the tech.
    Are most investing based off momentum and psychology of the market or a genuine belief these companies will be very profitable in years to come?
    Any good resources to make sense of it?
    Any good etf's to capture the growth side of tech?

I surely can't be the only struggling to make sense of it.
    I'm in my mid twenties so investing for the long haul.
    I'll probably start dollar cost averaging into etfs long term or if there is a big correction.

My ETF for the growth side of tech is iShares S&P500 Info tech ETF ticker QDVE
    hasn't been too bad a performer, up 4.5% since October last, currently trading at €13.42, you might consider that

I was looking at IAG, I see you sold out a bit, share price is very low, was thinking of taking a punt all the same as the travel industry will surely rebound later in the second half of the year, and a few national carriers involved, but yeah IAG are being killed by the pandemic at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Does anyone know why Degiro doesnt offer options on GME? Secondly, what platform do others use for US options?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Does anyone know why Degiro doesnt offer options on GME? Secondly, what platform do others use for US options?

You need to upgrade from basic account at least...not sure if they do offer gme options at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I'd be wary of buying physical silver...more inclined to look at miners who would benefit from price increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Degiro has to be linked to a bank account so you will have to use your banks 24 hour banking to fund the account via bank transfer. Also Degiro can be 15 minutes behind live with some stocks so a pain if you want to get in fast on a price which is changing.

Personally i use Trading212 and more recently Degiro. Trading212 is fee free up to a certain level and you can use a credit card to upload funds to the account.

I found Degiro fairly up to date with prices this week when I was fixed to it due to GME volitility.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

I've been holding PACE (SPAC) for a while, trusting in TPG to bring something strong to the combination. They announced during the week that its Nerdy which is an online teaching/tutoring platform.

At first glance I'm a bit disappointed and would seem the market isn't too impressed either. Anyone else holding or know anything about Nerdy?

Of course this is the risk with buying SPACs before a DA has been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

10 working days until they verfie my account on degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Short term you can just use Revolut to buy stocks if waiting for DeGiro or 212 verification (provided you have Revolut of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

daheff wrote: »
    You need to upgrade from basic account at least...not sure if they do offer gme options at that stage?

I've done that but they are only offering warrants which is similar but not the the same. From what I can see they don't offer options on any US equities only EU ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Apparently VGAC is going to be 23andMe the market didn't react well initally, I was personally ok with it but decided to sell when it hit break even. Sadly it was the exact bottom and recovered so wasn't a great choice to sell. Luckily I invested the same money in other things that mostly went up by a similar amount.

But I do think 23 and Me might have some potential. I might end up going back in. Not sure... Would probably only do it if it dips again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

degiro only do EU options. Tastyworks and IB do US options.

Premiums on GME options are ridiculous, you're better off with shares (and it helps the squeeze).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I found Degiro fairly up to date with prices this week when I was fixed to it due to GME volitility.

It was about 50/50 for me. Some Live and some 15 mins behind. Some were still showing open to buy even after trading closed at 9pm. I guess it depends on what stocks you have whether they have live updates or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is Revolut safe to use and receive sold shares from? They had a Brexit warning when I got approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

You can't buy US Options on Nasdaq or NYSE. Only CME and CBOE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Chamath promoting WSB again today and someone went ahead and bought a billboard at Times Square.

Some also got a plane to fly around with a banner against Robinhood and got them to circle around their HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Robson99

What shares would ye recommend for Silver / Mining?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

Is Revolut safe to use and receive sold shares from? They had a Brexit warning when I got approved.

I don't use Revolut for stocks, I was reading their T&Cs of it. And below might shed some light. I don't think we would be protected by EU financial regulation but it's covered by UK regulation. If they decided to close the business I guess you would be forced to sell your holdings.

https://www.finder.com/uk/revolut-trading-review#the_verdict

https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/trading

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

naughto wrote: »
    10 working days until they verfie my account on degiro

I got that too but was approved yesterday after 2 days surprisingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Revolut is safe. If this week has shown anything it has shown that all brokers are safe until they decide they are not.

I have shares worth 60k USD on Revolut if that is any help.

On a related subject, buying crypto on Revolut is frowned upon because you don't own the asset, but a major positive, IMO, is you can buy AND SELL crypto on Revolut INSTANTLY. Very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Next squeeze $CTRM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

AmberGold wrote: »
    Next squeeze $CTRM[/quote

Assuming that goes up aftermarket. On degiro I guess only option is a ljmit order. How do you get visibility of aftermarket trend and price? Am thinking of a small punt , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

H67Bb8K.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Next squeeze $CTRM

Shilling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Next squeeze $CTRM

Maybe but based on short volume it’s getting lots of attention.

Advertisement