Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Shilling?

Not sure how well the pump will work with RH stopping buys...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

Hi folks. Thinking of buying about 2000 euro worth of gme on monday via revolut as I haven't bought shares/stocks before and know nothing about it. I could spend more but that's really all I would be willing to lose. At what point should I be looking to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

clonesbabe wrote: »
    Hi folks. Thinking of buying about 2000 euro worth of gme on monday via revolut as I haven't bought shares/stocks before and know nothing about it. I could spend more but that's really all I would be willing to lose. At what point should I be looking to sell.

I'm.just curious, what platform will you be using to purchase GME? Is it possible with Revolut I don't know much about stocks also...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

At what point should I be looking to sell.
    Neverrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Kilboor wrote: »
    You can't buy options on US stocks using Degiro.
    what is that about exactly?
    541562.png

• Advertisement

I'm.just curious, what platform will you be using to purchase GME? Is it possible with Revolut I don't know much about stocks also...

You can purchase GME with Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Would you walk into a bookies with 2k in your hand?

You can purchase GME with Revolut.

Some people were blocked from purchasing GME couple of days ago...hope it works out.

Some people were blocked from purchasing GME couple of days ago...hope it works out.

I know that happened on Robin Hood, 212, etc. I don't think Revolut blocked trades. I don't recall seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Anyone new dropping 2k into GME next week should be prepared to lose it all.. on the other hand.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

XVII wrote: »
    what is that about exactly?
    541562.png

Genuinely didn't know this. For years it was not allowed, thanks

Edit: apparently can only buy options on CBOE and CME exchanges for US. This was actually always the case nevermind..

AmberGold wrote: »
    Anyone new dropping 2k into GME next week should be prepared to lose it all.. on the other hand.....

Anyone getting into this should only invest what they're willing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

Anyone getting into this should only invest what they're willing to lose.

2000 is all I'm willing to lose

I know that happened on Robin Hood, 212, etc. I don't think Revolut blocked trades. I don't recall seeing that.

It may not be Revolut themselves but possibly their broker in the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    There was a regular poster in the 2020 thread who bought GME around May/June last year. He did it purely based on his research that the stock rose very well every time a major new games console was released

In this case, he was banking on great returns based on the Playstation 5 release in November/December

I can't remember that poster's name, but I really hope that guy held till last week and fair fcuks to him

tenor.gif

This was indeed myself. I've said it enough already but sold at 35.50 from 8.80.

Ah sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,628 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

AmberGold wrote: »
    Next squeeze $CTRM

Hopefully, I bought in a couple of weeks ago, up 85% at the moment, a recommendation on Pennystocks.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭M3CS

This won't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

If you're looking to yolo 2k on something and are prepared to risk losing it all for the sake of a potential big upside then just buy bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

2000 is all I'm willing to lose

On that, can he end up loosing more than 2000

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

If you're looking to yolo 2k on something and are prepared to risk losing it all for the sake of a potential big upside then just buy bitcoin.

This silver squeeze sounds interesting. Not sure if it's executable given how big the market is but at the current price level I'd have thought it worth a shot, will take a lot longer to play out obviously and the boys who could organize it on WSB may not have the motivation or want to get in the political crosshairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭istabrac77

M3CS wrote: »
    This won't end well.

Perhaps recommend selling around 30x p/e? I think that's what it's roughly trading for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Not blocked. Some apps, or most apps, were crashing at open on Thursday. Revolut had issues with buying AND selling because of the volumes being traded. 212, Robinhood and others stopped buys, Revolut didn't, at least not purposely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

On that, can he end up loosing more than 2000

No. Buy $2000 worth of GME shares and at worst you'll lose $2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No issues with De Giro trades last week afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I did some reading into the GME situation. The more I look at it, GME really was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and unlikely to be repeated however strong WSB's pushes a stock.

It was started by a lad called Keith Gill, a 34 year old from Boston, he wrote what would happen last year, which you should read: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ip6jnv/the_real_greatest_short_burn_of_the_century/

Striking thing about it was that it was setup for him, he (or WSB's) didn't make this happen as some would make you believe. He was just the one that was clever enough to spot the opportunity ahead of all the Wall Street guys.

He spotted that GMW was heavily shorted, then got in a new CEO. The shorts had their bets on before the CEO came in, that changed the game. It's like betting heavily on Man City to win the league, but then United sign Ronaldo, Messi and a few others on deadline day. The bet that the shorts placed probably was right at the time, but somethign material changed and he was the first to spot it.

He then placed his bets, and told others about it, but really he told people about it to share the windfall, he didn't need to do that. This would have skyrocketed anyway. If this was spotted and executed by a WS guy, we wouldn't be talking about it, they'd just have a massive bonus.

There's gonna be a great movie about it.

Also interesting that he predicted last year that the price would get to $400, and stay there. I can't understand his logic for it staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If you go in for anything on this especially this late then you need to be of the mind that the money is already lost, ie not just be willing to lose it but literally consider it lost, as there is zero certainty about what will happen over the next week or maybe even weeks.

For many this is now just a rollercoaster and the money put into it is the cost to ride, if they come out with anything close to what they put in its a bonus. Thats the attitude you need to have especially if you go in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It was started by a lad called Keith Gill, a 34 year old from Boston, he wrote what would happen last year, which you should read: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ip6jnv/the_real_greatest_short_burn_of_the_century/

Striking thing about it was that it was setup for him, he (or WSB's) didn't make this happen as some would make you believe. He was just the one that was clever enough to spot the opportunity ahead of all the Wall Street guys.

Thanks for posting this, a brilliant read and the guys analysis is simply breath taking. He deserves kuduos for spotting and understanding the fundamentals so well. I too would question the end valuation of 24bn, I don't see anything that justifies anything close to this at this present time. The same momentum that sky rocketed it to here WILL swing back the other way but calling the top is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

VinLieger wrote: »

For many this is now just a rollercoaster and the money put into it is the cost to ride, if they come out with anything close to what they put in its a bonus. Thats the attitude you need to have especially if you go in now.

Agreed 100%

Anything you out in do so on the expectation you lose it all. Anything else is a bonus.

At this point most people joining the fray are in it to be part of a movement....and hopefully to stick it to the hedgies.

There's a possibility this still explodes...but I'm not so sure how far it will be let go before SEC or exchange stops trading to 'protect' everybody.

Full disclosure im long 3 @ 305. Prepared to lose it all, but would like a return too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You're basically playing roulette at this stage, there's equal chance you double your money or lose 90% this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

I ended up buying one at 341, I'll be getting rid d of it fairly soon though. Risk versus reward at this stage is a bit too high. I do fear for people firing their life savings into this thing though. Some people are bound to get him. I have a few amc and bb shares got though, I'll leave them be for a while.

Advertisement