Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Etoro are shady for doing this kind of thing, i went onto it earlier and there was similar posts of people getting stopped out and sold out of positions. Its been happening for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Xaniaj wrote: »
    I think he's asking why his position has closed as opposed to why it appreciated 50%!

To the question, no idea, you didn't buy it on margin did you?

I contacted customer service, she said I set Take Profit option at 50% (I'd never set TP), I guess I just have to be careful next time. This morning silver price is another $1 more than my closed price.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

I wouldn't touch Silver

Renault 5 wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch Silver

Werewolf?

USD 'rocketing'. Probably will reverse, but currently making my gains today look decent. Is this silver buying related?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

bish76 wrote: »
    Buying stocks impacted by Covid and planning to hold for at least two years. So far in my list are Carnival and IAG. Other suggestions please.

Gevo, the future is bright

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

SMT - I know it was mentioned here before. I bought some this morning with ii (not on Degiro). Over the next few months I think it's going to be my majority holding. It's a long term hold for me (10+ years) and may decide to buy some each month (DCA). Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I might get in on Fubo today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Thinking of going in a bit more on PSTH or CCIV today. PSTH is a bit below its mid Jan heights but it's still a significant premium based on Ackmans name rather than a very concrete target coming into the picture.

Lucid & CCIV seems to be very close to being announced which will allow a bit more certainty at least in terms of what you are buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

treatyman wrote: »
    SMT - I know it was mentioned here before. I bought some this morning with ii (not on Degiro). Over the next few months I think it's going to be my majority holding. It's a long term hold for me (10+ years) and may decide to buy some each month (DCA). Any thoughts?

Its a fantastic performer though has large Tesla exposure which may or may not influence your opinion. It's a quarter of my AVC PRSA currently though I am planning on adding other trusts and etfs in there too. Another similar one would be ATT though it doesn't have the same number of shares traded daily so slightly less liquid.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Is anyone looking at Huge Fruit Inc

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I might get in on Fubo today.

Fubo has done very well the last two weeks and it’s well up in pre market today. I regret not getting in a few weeks ago when I was initially looking at it. I may get in later in the week if it goes down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rossdarragh1

Supercell wrote: »
    Its a fantastic performer though has large Tesla exposure which may or may not influence your opinion. It's a quarter of my AVC PRSA currently though I am planning on adding other trusts and etfs in there too. Another similar one would be ATT though it doesn't have the same number of shares traded daily so slightly less liquid.

Bit off topic but who have you got the PRSA pension with? I'm looking to convert my existing pension to a PRSA in order to have more control over it. Also have money in a company I own that I'm looking to take money out of through my pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Supercell wrote: »

I have my AVC maxed out so am buying these after tax unfortunately. Does it still make sense doing it this way? If I have spare few hundred each month I was hoping it would be better than leaving it sit in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

GME on the slide pre-market

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

6 wrote: »
    GME on the slide pre-market

Tiny volume of shares traded, does that even matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Wombatman wrote: »
    So how much silver are we buying lads? Got my eye on grandma's spoons?
    Be fearful when others are greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    Tiny volume of shares traded, does that even matter?

Of course it does, because its a confidence game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

One to watch, Sega Sammy Holdings, the parent company of Sega (yes the Sonic Sega). They've divided up the company into separate entities which suggests a possible takeover of one of these divisions. It could also be a case of cutting their pachinko and other arcade based coin machines off as they've had a massive dip due to Covid.

One thing to note is the sheer amount of IP that Sega holds and are doing very little with. I have fond memories of the Mega Drive and the Sega owned properties is a very, very long list.

I won't be taking a dip just yet but I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Phoebas wrote: »

But this trading is only hedge funds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Is pre market up on NAKD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

<GME>

And it did take a dip in Frankfurt today also -
    But this is the pattern we See every day big gains for first 20-40 Mins then dips for the day.

I am Predicting it opens on the NYSE in the green anyway.

I think I am cashing out today - this has taken over my afternoons Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Renault 5 wrote: »
    Is pre market up on NAKD?

A little, $1.75 at the moment

JeffKenna wrote: »
    But this trading is only hedge funds.

There are a whole pile of people who are sitting on big (unrealised) gains and more that are bought in at prices there they risk big losses if this pops quickly.

There's a big risk that despite all the rhetoric of diamond hands and holding the line, if the sentiment in this group goes negative because they see the stock dropping, they'll get out too and we'll in in a downward spiral; anything that can go up a thousand percent in a few days can go down even faster.
    And its not like these investors are relying on any fundamentals to value the stock - it's all about confidence in the strength of the herd.

There are a whole pile of people who are sitting on big (unrealised) gains and more that are bought in at prices there they risk big losses if this pops quickly.

There's a big risk that despite all the rhetoric of diamond hands and holding the line, if the sentiment in this group goes negative because they see the stock dropping, they'll get out too and we'll in in a downward spiral; anything that can go up a thousand percent in a few days can go down even faster.
    And its not like these investors are relying on any fundamentals to value the stock - it's all about confidence in the strength of the herd.

But they've been trying this manipulation in different forms since the stock rocketed and it hasn't worked yet so I'm not sure it will now. I reckon it'll end up green anyway.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    But they've been trying this manipulation in different forms since the stock rocketed and it hasn't worked yet so I'm not sure it will now. I reckon it'll end up green anyway.

It may well do (I hope it does - it's fascinating).
    Just sayin'- there are a lot of people who spent their weekend spending their gains in their head. They'll have gone into this thing thinking 'ok I've put a grand into this, hate to lose that but I can deal with it'. If that grand has turned into 10 grand over the last week, that thought process might be a fair bit different now.

Edit: Planet Money did a podcast on this over the weekend. Interviewed a guy that put his 200k savings into this (said it was for a house deposit) and cashed in his 401k - another 100k. He got out with something around 3m. The pressure to sell must have been enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Some amount of news around silver being the next target, yet on WSB they've discovered that Citadel have massive holdings in silver and are most likely pushing the media narrative to cover losses elsewhere.

So. Much. Drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For anyone invested in GME, the first 15 minutes of Pennies: Going in raw podcast is worth a listen. These guys are invested in it, but warn about how it will likely end.

It may well do (I hope it does - it's fascinating).
    Just sayin'- there are a lot of people who spent their weekend spending their gains in their head. They'll have gone into this thing thinking 'ok I've put a grand into this, hate to lose that but I can deal with it'. If that grand has turned into 10 grand over the last week, that thought process might be a fair bit different now.

Edit: Planet Money did a podcast on this over the weekend. Interviewed a guy that put his 200k savings into this (said it was for a house deposit) and cashed in his 401k - another 100k. He got out with something around 3m. The pressure to sell must have been enormous.

Well sur that's the beauty of the stock market, we'll see today if you're right or wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

we all know how GME will end once the squeeze is over. the stock price will fall apart.

Its just a case of when and who ends up holding the stock when its down at rock bottom again.

calling the bottom of this could be just as important for some as calling the top.

most stocks over sell/over buy, so when the prices falls it'll go really low. could be another buying opportunity for some. buying some cheap out of the money puts now could be a trade

Advertisement