Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving testers RSA 2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Nala112

I thought the rest of us outside the top 40 might hear tomorrow or Monday at the latest but its a bank holiday weekend so not looking promising,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Manic2020

Nala112 wrote: »
    I thought the rest of us outside the top 40 might hear tomorrow or Monday at the latest but its a bank holiday weekend so not looking promising,

No not looking promising. It’s like a lottery you could be low down the panel but be lucky enough to be close to a center nobody else above you wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonesaw

Manic2020 wrote: »
    No not looking promising. It’s like a lottery you could be low down the panel but be lucky enough to be close to a center nobody else above you wants.

I was reading an article last night saying the rsa had given the transport department proposals on the backlog. Nearly all of them included recruiting 80 testers on contract.

The only issue with that is there is less chance of being made permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FoxDub

I still haven't heard anything since the driving test. I'm guessing at this stage I'm out.

have you checked your junk mail? i'd imagine you are in the top 40 so and they are still working down the list.

• Advertisement

FoxDub wrote: »
    I still haven't heard anything since the driving test. I'm guessing at this stage I'm out.

You must be in the top 40 but they haven’t rang you yet.

Nala112 wrote: »
    have you checked your junk mail? i'd imagine you are in the top 40 so and they are still working down the list.

Yeah keeping an eye on the junk folder. Nothing there. Hopefully its a case of them slowly working through the list and not just a case of not getting a reply from them...

Here is the article so it looks like you will get a call if you are in the top 80 but as bonesaw says it will be more difficult to get a permanent position and the contract could be shorter. https://twitter.com/irishtimes/status/1377575605684723716?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Driver 2018

Found out some information. 130 people passed the driving test and the panel has 130 on it.. Also zero chance of being kept on after the 22 months. Like last time. All surge testers will be let go. But slight chance of getting called back in 6 months or a year if the waiting list gets bad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jim75

Such a waste of time really, I'm on the panel too but reading the posts why would you take a position unless you are close to your location or desperate!! Money is average at best these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 thewizardof oz

I got a call yesterday with a start date. 8.weeks training. I am pleased with where I was.offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonesaw

I got a call yesterday with a start date. 8.weeks training. I am pleased with where I was.offered.

Well done. When does training start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jim75

If you don't mind me asking what number did you get on the panel? How far from test center are you based for the job

bonesaw wrote: »
    Well done. When does training start?

2 dates 12th April and something of May

Jim75 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking what number did you get on the panel? How far from test center are you based for the job

I wasn't ever given a panel number just a job offer. Im 15km from the centre

Well done, was there many locations to pick from? Also do you mind saying we're you lower end of the list 30-40?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 camki

I got offered too, starting 12th of April. I don't know what my order of merit but I am placed near home, less that 25 minutes away.

camki wrote: »
    I got offered too, starting 12th of April. I don't know what my order of merit but I am placed near home, less that 25 minutes away.

Hey just wondering when they were in touch with you?

Got a phone call today with and offer. Starting in may

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HighFlyR

Has anyone got their feedback having failed the driving test yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jayhaych

HighFlyR wrote: »
    Has anyone got their feedback having failed the driving test yet?

Hi! I only spotted this thread last week but I failed the driving test part too. What a long difficult process it was! 😂
    Just got an email yesterday about a call next week for feedback. Looking forward to it tbh as I felt it went well.
    Congrats to all that were offered a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BinxFace

FoxDub wrote: »
    Got a phone call today with and offer. Starting in may

Congratulations. Do you mind me asking were you in the initial top 40 candidates for this May start? I see some people were called re: starting in April. Does the start date just depend on which centre you are based at?

BinxFace wrote: »
    Congratulations. Do you mind me asking were you in the initial top 40 candidates for this May start? I see some people were called re: starting in April. Does the start date just depend on which centre you are based at?

Yes I was in initial 40. I was offered a few choice nearly all in dublin so maybe the later start date is for people based in dublin or surrounding areas as she said they were still trying to finalize a training base in dublin or naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Golf GTD

Has anyone outside the Top 40 received a Job offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Golf GTD wrote: »

Not me, but I was far enough outside of the top 40 that I wouldn't have expected to benefit from any fallout. I would say my only chance would be if they secure the approval they were seeking for a further 40 roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cr2118

Golf GTD wrote: »

Yes, I was offered a job 2 weeks ago in my county ( outside Dublin ) . Due to start training on May 17th. I was between 41-50

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jayo94

cr2118 wrote: »
    Yes, I was offered a job 2 weeks ago in my county ( outside Dublin ) . Due to start training on May 17th. I was between 41-50

Congrats, there's some hope for us all yet then. The waiting around is killing me. I'd rather they were just straight and said its unlikely you'll get a call or its dependant on needing additional testers. This was a long process, some closure is needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Driver 2018

Couple of bits of information.

My contact in the rsa told me The 40 extra positions were approved or look like they are getting approved.

They were surprised how much of the panel it took to fill the first 40 positions. They went into the 60-69

Main reason for refusal is the 2 year contract and no hope of being kept on. Even with retirements,the 2017 recruitment is more than double the amount of people due to retire in the next two years.

If the numbers match the first 40,
    60/70 to fill 40 positions. It will take 120/140 to fill 80 positions. Or if the refusal percentage gets higher as they go up the panel. They might not fill all 80 positions.

To anyone still waiting for a call. It Sounds like good news, except my last bit of information was it could be September/November for the last lot to start training.

There is also some union activity going on that could possibly delay things. The vote to block the surge testers was very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cr2118

Thanks for the information, However i find it hard to believe, given the long drawn out recruitment process that it took 60/70 people to try fill 40 positions. The handbook was clear in black and white what the job entailed with the salary offered. In a pandemic with the loss of many jobs, you would imagine people would take a two year contract to keep there heads above water rather than 350 a week which will stop soon.
    Dont be giving people false sense of hope...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I understand your point CR2118, however I would not find it beyond the realms of possibility that it took 60/70 people to fill 40 positions. I would imagine that there was a pretty high percentage of people who went through the process and were always in two minds about whether to accept the position if they were offered. The last campaign did not instill confidence from a lot of perspectives, and although it might be argued that people should pull out rather than take up a panel position, you can't blame people for keeping their options open either.

I would also imagine that there were candidates in the top 40 who were interviewing for other roles, and given the length of this campaign may well have been successful elsewhere.

Advertisement