Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 months for Carragaline stabbing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

DVDM93 wrote: »

That's the funniest cork accent I've ever heard. It's gas the way all the refugee lovers love all this multicultural rubbish . The only culture a lot of these african youths is have in USA/ London streetgang thug culture . Future doctors and engineers lol... Import the 3rd world ......

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 25,481 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We know this was an attempt to stir up racist hate in this country and they were absolutely caught red handed with it. Sorry.

Racism don’t really enter into it... the main concern are for citizens of this country, health and wellbeing..a child in this case being forcefully and violently attacked with a broken bottle, which has the capacity to kill, yet the kid who committed said attack gets a slap on the wrist... the victim probably will need to live with the impact for a long time to come... whatever about physically certainly psychologically....

I was a little older but I certainly felt the repercussions of a much lesser ordeal in town.

I think it's fairly shocking that you can rob someone , stab them and potentially kill them and end up doing about a year in prison . He'll send that time playing video games . It's hardly punishment. A notorious Dublin gangsters son , stabbed someone to death a few years ago . Although he was only 14 when he done it, he got sentenced to 4 and a half years for killing someone. Hes probably out now enjoying the rest of his teens . There's too much kids gloves with scum here .

The law is zero deterrent now.... the judges don’t seem to care, coupled with the lack of prison spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That's attempted murder all day long. Shame on the judgement.

Lets hope that he gets put into the big boys prison.

He might find it more difficult to get away with that when he hasn't got his "fam" around him and his potential victims aren't quiet young fellas minding their own business.

Scumbag cunt. I'd forgotten exactly how bad it was

Kivaro wrote: »
    What's really astounding and telling about that poster is that of all his posts on this thread, there was not one mention by him of sorrow or empathy for the pain that the victim endured as a result of this gang attack.
    But we do get a whole lot of his right wing racist stuff (deflection).
    Speaks volumes .....

If a person who in this country, commits a crime, having been accepted here, helped here, facilitated here.. we have a right to discuss it, call it out... call for deportation following criminal penalty.

That’s not racism, that’s just discussing how we may enable the safety and security of those living in the state and visitors here..

When we are of the ability to help, we do. If certain people want to reward that generosity with behaving in a manner that’s criminal, assaulting / attempted murder, whatever.... we prosecute, convict, sentence, jail, and on release it’s straight to the airport and good luck...and don’t return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Strumms wrote: »
    If a person who in this country, commits a crime, having been accepted here, helped here, facilitated here.. we have a right to discuss it, call it out... call for deportation following criminal penalty.

That’s not racism, that’s just discussing how we may enable the safety and security of those living in the state and visitors here..

When we are of the ability to help, we do. If certain people want to reward that generosity with behaving in a manner that’s criminal, assaulting / attempted murder, whatever.... we prosecute, convict, sentence, jail, and on release it’s straight to the airport and good luck...and don’t return.

You do realise that the person who committed this crime is Irish born and bred. He’s mixed race. His mother is white Irish. Apparently one or two lads in his gang are white Irish lads. Why are people bringing a race element into it. I would just class him as an evil psycho and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

How could anyone accept a plea of remorse or sorrow for having attacked someone else?
    It is surely false and without any genuine meaning.
    Otherwise they would have not carried out the attack in the first place imo.

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Hope the DPP appeal this, that’s no deterrent for a scumbag attack, and I agree if it was a white gang attacking a single black male, you’d see a totally different narrative and sentence being dished out. Equality for all is what we’re about here, but this is bull****, and the blinkers need to come off, no special treatment because of the colour of your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Akesh wrote: »
    If it was the other way around it would have been all over the media.

We are an embarrassment of a country.

Me and some co-workers are going to put an end to this carry on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Disgusted appalled at the sentence jokeshop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

You do realise that the person who committed this crime is Irish born and bred. He’s mixed race. His mother is white Irish. Apparently one or two lads in his gang are white Irish lads. Why are people bringing a race element into it. I would just class him as an evil psycho and leave it at that.

His mother is lithuanian and his father african, nigerian I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Kivaro wrote: »
    What's odd is when the poster says "Why are people bringing a race element into it."; the criminal's solicitor brought race into the trial as a form of mitigating circumstance, seeking pity from the judge for the defendant.
    Well, he got it, because that sentence is appalling. I do hope it is appealed by the DPP but I doubt it mainly because of the racial aspect of this case.

I'd love it if these people could be consistent for once in their lives. The very same types are big BLM supporters, who blame race every time a black person gets shot by police in America, often without any evidence.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Ludicrous that he nearly kills someone and gets such a sentence. Three/four times the duration would not be excessive.
    Apologies should not be taken into account for sentencing, they’re meaningless if the accused knows it’ll help their case to have made one.
    Should be working for the rest of his life to pay compensation or more likely having his social welfare confiscated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

A sentence of this level for such a violent unprovoked crime is absolutely crazy. I cannot see how this can be justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Me and some co-workers are going to put an end to this carry on.

:confused: really ? How ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

These judges passing sentence need locking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I don’t care what he looks like or where is from from originally.

This sentence is shocking. Full stop.

Slap on the wrist stuff. Again the system fails a victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Has he commited more assaults in Limerick?
    If so, have any charges been brought against him?

Sentence is pathetic and that goes for any dirtball that does something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

That gang are dangerously mentally unwell and should all be sectioned, until their thought processes and warped view of the world are understood and changed. And IF they cannot be changed quickly they should stay in an institution until such time OR an appropriate sentence is served. (Not as light as was given🀔)
    The only political group making noise about this and lots of things that don't normally affect the middle class are SF.
    In a small country town I know there's a fella about 19 and he has beaten up 3/4 people in the last year , he's still walking around.....makes no sense....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Has he commited more assaults in Limerick?
    If so, have any charges been brought against him?

Sentence is pathetic and that goes for any dirtball that does something like that.

But don't worry, if he is convicted of further attacks his sentence will be "concurrent". Another example of how the justice system in Ireland favours the convict and not the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The sentence seems to be in line with the charge of a section 3 assault. Biggest concern is that based on the information that is available that a more serious charge wasn't prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Kivaro wrote:
    The fact that this guy gets 1 1/2 years for such an attack is appalling and it is indeed an indictment of the justice system in Ireland. It is stacked against victims in this country.

I seen the video of this incident, its absolutely disgusting behaviour. The guy is lying on the ground, face covered in blood, completely defenseless and the attacker(s) repeatedly stab him in the back. They could've killed him easily or paralyzed him.

18 months for this disgraceful act is an insult to the victim.
    Kivaro wrote:
    It is curious that there was no mention of the racial aspect of this case i.e. black gang setting upon a single white male with his girlfriend, and the racial abuse that the victim endured during the attack and stabbing, which was recorded by the gang.

Of course not, why would the media report on the racial aspect? To do so would be to buck the trend and face the wrath of the BLM brigade. Total lack of courage and back bone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

The assault wasnt racist. The racists got caught rapid trying to jump on it with their scumbag racist agenda. The family of the victim disowned them. Not my fault you dont like those facts.

Well that's a relief.

Thank god they only filmed themselves stabbing and almost killing another kid while gloating about it and then posting the video online. Imagine if they had used language to suggest there was also a racial element!?

He'll be out of prison in a year and a half and then probably availing of social benefits for the rest of his life.

Good to know that those evil far right racists were foiled though.

I think we'll all sleep easy tonight knowing that, although our kids can be beaten and stabbed in public with the videos posted online for the entertainment of like minded individuals and the perpetrator will do less than 2 years in prison, those scumbag racists got "caught rapid".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

It say's a lot that this is the first time im reading about this story. I'm in no doubt if the roles are reversed we are hearing about this as the lead story on main stream irish media outlets and being lectured by people the ilk of Ivana Bacik about how racist we are as a society.

The sentence itself is pathetic and par for the course in Ireland. If he'd stabbed an ATM he'd of got longer.

joeguevara wrote: »
    The sentence seems to be in line with the charge of a section 3 assault. Biggest concern is that based on the information that is available that a more serious charge wasn't prosecuted.

I know two lads that battered a fella outside a chipper one night , they left him with brain damage and he hasn't been right since . One got a year and a half in jail and the other got 4 years. They spent their time in prison playing football , video games and smoking weed. My brother in law got a pint glass shoved into his face by a traveller he'd to get 30 stitches on his face . He went to the Garda and they advised him not to go court as he'd only get 6 months in jail and as the travellers family were well known scumbags the Gardai reckoned it would come back on him or his family when he got out prison

eurokev wrote: »

Multiculturalism at its finest . I wonder was his father to busy being a doctor to rear his son properly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

When black people commit crimes or act like scumbags people are defending them saying " what has race got to do it " . But then they're quick to say things are racist if something happens to a black person. . If the roles were reversed and three white Irish lads had stabbed and robbed a black teen , I guarantee you everyone who's saying race had nothing to do with the original attack, would be non stop shouting that's a racist attack .

It wouldn't even need the roles to be reversed.

People in Ireland went into full outrage mode earlier in the year when police killed a guy on the other side of the world. Nothing to do with any of us yet we still had protests during a pandemic "lockdown". Based entirely on the race of the cop and the victim.

No doubt that racists exist in this country.
    No doubt that racially motivated attacks happen.

It's disturbing though that people are willing to ignore it in a case like this because they fear that being outraged over this aligns them with "the far right".

I don't know what can be done about that though.
    Of course seeing a gang of non-white lads stabbing a white lad will be pounced upon by legitimate racists as it basically confirms their worldview.
    So you'll then have another group who need to go into full deflection mode.

It really then just becomes about identity for a lot of people and the identity of the parties involved will dictate their response.

Imagine if the victim in this case was trans but the attackers never mentioned that at all in the video footage. Does anyone think this wouldn't be framed by some, who are suspiciously quick and aggressive in their denial of the racist angle here, as a transphobic attack?

Remember the Pulse nightclub shooting in the US? (Again, an incident on the other side of the world.) I'm sure certain people were not jumping on the "it's a homophobic attack" without waiting for evidence just to be 100% absolutely sure that nobody mistakenly thought this was an attack on LGBTQ+ people specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

eurokev wrote: »

extremely rare for eastern europeans to marry someone who isnt white , are you sure about that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I know two lads that battered a fella outside a chipper one night , they left him with brain damage and he hasn't been right since . One got a year and a half in jail and the other got 4 years. They spent their time in prison playing football , video games and smoking weed. My brother in law got a pint glass shoved into his face by a traveller he'd to get 30 stitches on his face . He went to the Garda and they advised him not to go court as he'd only get 6 months in jail and as the travellers family were well known scumbags the Gardai reckoned it would come back on him or his family when he got out prison

Horrible

We can never really eradicate this scum from society, but I tell you one thing, we really need to be trying to at least make these crimes get what they deserve....serious jail time...

The sentences passed down for some of theses despicable acts that really hurt and destroy peoples lives is disgusting.

Advertisement