Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 months for Carragaline stabbing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Faugheen wrote: »
    I love how the white lads here seem to believe they’re being suppressed.

Its blatantly obvious that anti white racism is becoming a larger issue in Ireland and due to the past issues with anti minority racism, the media, judicial system and immigration services are remiss to admit there is an issue.

We have an issue with minorities either individually or in gangs attacking white people , but the issue is never given any platform. To deny the gangs exist or that the problem exists and is growing is in itself an anti white racist position to hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Well, yes, it is stupid since it's you that's saying it. You're rearranging what I said to match your own narrative

Now you're pulling ****e from the air. I said nothing about BLM. So.. you want to make the association... because... ? Yeah.

I didn't rearrange anything. It wasn't a racist attack. You clearly implied that it was for some reason. I'm trying to understand your bizarre thinking on this. Fair enough I don't think you mentioned BLM, but this thread and others like it are full of references to it.
    Desperate? Hardly. I watched the video, read a variety of articles and came to my own conclusions. Whereas you've just read my posts and came to your own conclusions. :rolleyes: Well done there.

Maybe link the material that made you come to the conclusion that it was a racist attack. There is no racism towards the victim in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jesus Christ that video is very disturbing. And those idiots filming it. It's another world out there altogether these days. The victim is lifeless and unable to fight back and that psycho keeps stabbing him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

FTA69 wrote: »
    It was carried out with white accomplices.
    FTA69 wrote: »
    The thug being accompanied by his white friends in doing so.
    You've seen something the rest of us haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

You've seen something the rest of us haven't.

There are pictures of the so called gang online. A mixture of black and white youths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Don't know about the chap doing the stabbing with the broken vodka bottle, after having smashed him across the head with said bottle, while robbing him, but I imagine here isn't a captain of industry role ahead. Not his first rodeo it seems.
    The victim seems like he's from decent stock.

His girl friend saved his life.
    The little prick trying to push the girl off him so he could zoom in on his face is as bad

The victim is 100 percent of decent stock end of, normal kid, GAA player with ballygarvan, but to make it worse his 2 pals watched and didn't do anything,(2 strapping carrigaline GAA players, if they were mine I'd be ashamed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

She was his girlfriend. What else was she going to do?

His teenage girlfriend, who put herself between him and the animal trying to catastrophically maim him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Two questions:

1. Has anyone who claims it was a racist attack provided any evidence that it was?

2. Has anyone who claims it wasn't a racist attack as white people were involved in the incident provided any evidence of this?

All I'm getting from the thread is oh yes it was racist on one side and oh no it wasn't racist on the other.

I suppose it is the Christmas panto season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Two questions:

1. Has anyone who claims it was a racist attack provided any evidence that it was?

2. Has anyone who claims it wasn't a racist attack as white people were involved in the incident provided any evidence of this?

All I'm getting from the thread is oh yes it was racist on one side and oh no it wasn't racist on the other.

Regardless 18 months is scandalous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Two questions:

Facts are irrelevant in 2020. Was there any facts that George Floyds murder was racial?? No? Doesn’t matter.

Regardless 18 months is scandalous

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I'd love it if these people could be consistent for once in their lives. The very same types are big BLM supporters, who blame race every time a black person gets shot by police in America, often without any evidence.

Youre bang on the money there.The world is fooked. .001% of the worlds population clog up 90% of the NEWS with ****.. Most of the SJW have so little of interest in there own lives they have to interfere in others lives to give themselves a sense of purpose. SJW 's , millennial snowflakes, anti vaxxers, radicals and racists are the problem the other 99.999% of the worlds population have to listen to their **** non stop on "SOCIAL ****ING MEDIA" while getting on with life and keeping the world running.
    Give us a fooking break.

Two questions:

As I said there are pictures of the so called gang that the perpetrator is in online. It is a mixture of black and white and mixed race youths.

As I said there are pictures of the so called gang that the perpetrator is in online. It is a mixture of black and white and mixed race youths.

I'm asking in regards to the video itself as oppossed to an unrelated photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

So what you are saying is individual members of multicultural gangs cant be commit racist acts!

So what you are saying is individual members of multicultural gangs cant be commit racist acts!

Well in the context of this particular video where there is nothing racial said I think it's relevant. If your best mates are white then you're less likely to be racist. You see it in schools today where the kids are all multiculturally mixed and best of friends. It's way less likely that they will turn out racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Well in the context of this particular video where there is nothing racial said I think it's relevant. If your best mates are white then you're less likely to be racist. You see it in schools today where the kids are all multiculturally mixed and best of friends. It's way less likely that they will turn out racist.

Astounding logic (illogic).
    And the smell of deflection is nauseating.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Astounding logic (illogic).
    And the smell of deflection is nauseating.

and mixed race guy attacks white guy with nothing racist said in the attack = automatically a racist attack is astounding logic in your eyes im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

You got to love the disgusting deflection by some on here. There had been a few attacks around the country before this by black teenagers due to that criminal Floyd's death in the US. I saw another video were a lad was badly beaten by a black thug for simply not making his background black on instagram and that was enough to get a kicking. In this case these guys thought they could do anything and get away with it due to the colour of their skin, no wonder this disgusting dog turd of a human thought him and his pals could get away with attempted murder of a kid just for two euros. 18 months is a joke of a sentence, DPP should appeal it and he should get 10 years at least and jail sentences should be handed down to other members of the gang! Hopefully someone will out some manners on him in prison!

• Advertisement

So you wouldn’t consider 70s/80s English football hooligans racist? Since most firms from big cities had a few black lads in them.

So you wouldn’t consider 70s/80s English football hooligans racist? Since most firms from big cities had a few black lads in them.

I would say they were. My point was that the attack hasn't been proven to be racist. The perp has white friends in his gang and judging from his leaked social media accounts that were hacked by the alt right crew he has no shortage of white girls. This attack seems to have been a case of a complete thug asking a random guy for 2 euro, being told that by the guy that he didn't have it, then attacking the guy like a scumbag.

I would say they were. My point was that the attack hasn't been proven to be racist. The perp has white friends in his gang and judging from his leaked social media accounts that were hacked by the alt right crew he has no shortage of white girls. This attack seems to have been a case of a complete thug asking a random guy for 2 euro, being told that by the guy that he didn't have it, then attacking the guy like a scumbag.

Football hooligan gangs had black members, you are contradicting yourself. Some had black leaders, like Cass Pennant for West Ham’s ICF. You’ve chosen a position and are scrambling to defend it. How many white gang members in the video??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Facts are irrelevant in 2020. Was there any facts that George Floyds murder was racial?? No? Doesn’t matter.

There is no evidence it was even a murder.

Football hooligan gangs had black members, you are contradicting yourself. Some had black leaders, like Cass Pennant for West Ham’s ICF. You’ve chosen a position and are scrambling to defend it. How many white gang members in the video??

Football hooligans are basically scumbags who set out to cause hassle. I'm not an expert on it but from what I know of it it seems they set out to cause hassle with hooligans at games. I never heard of that Cass Pennant. The only real instance of football hooliganism I've seen is the Ireland vs England match in 95. If there's huge amounts of racism in it in the english game or not then provide evidence.

Dealing with this actual attack, we have a gang of black/white/mixed lads who seem like they have grown up together and are pretty tight. If this was a racist attack then it's very simple to just provide the proof. Since you clearly have to accept that there is no mention of anything racial in the attack, that puts you on the backfoot. Why not just accept that the guy who committed the attack did a really scummy thing and should be jailed for the protection of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Football hooligans are basically scumbags who set out to cause hassle. I'm not an expert on it but from what I know of it it seems they set out to cause hassle with hooligans at games. I never heard of that Cass Pennant. The only real instance of football hooliganism I've seen is the Ireland vs England match in 95. If there's huge amounts of racism in it in the english game or not then provide evidence.

Dealing with this actual attack, we have a gang of black/white/mixed lads who seem like they have grown up together and are pretty tight. If this was a racist attack then it's very simple to just provide the proof. Since you clearly have to accept that there is no mention of anything racial in the attack, that puts you on the backfoot. Why not just accept that the guy who committed the attack did a really scummy thing and should be jailed for the protection of society.

You do know that there is other clips of him hopping the head off of lads online, go look them up, all the lads he bate the s*it out of had one thing in common there all white not one attack I've seen has been on a black/mix raced lad, yes there was white lads hanging around him but what is known around ballincollig was they were all scared to stand up to him, I wouldn't say they where to tight as they all ran for the hills once the law came knocking, quiet a few people are very happy he won't be returning to ballincollig.

Hahahahaha, your first paragraph is hilarious. Football hooligans are scum who go looking for trouble, and what? The lads from Ballincollig are salt of the earth who just happened to attack and stab a white guy??

Where are you getting the whole “grew up together and are pretty tight” angle from?? I didn’t hear one Cork accent from the attackers, and are “blud, fam, shanked etc.” colloquialisms down that way??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hahahahaha, your first paragraph is hilarious. Football hooligans are scum who go looking for trouble, and what? The lads from Ballincollig are salt of the earth who just happened to attack and stab a white guy??

Where are you getting the whole “grew up together and are pretty tight” angle from?? I didn’t hear one Cork accent from the attackers, and are “blud, fam, shanked etc.” colloquialisms down that way??

It is all aping of their true cultural inheritance - the postcode gangs of the UK which originated from a similar source.

Sand wrote: »
    It is all aping of their true cultural inheritance - the postcode gangs of the UK which originated from a similar source.

Oh I know that. I’m querying fantas fairytale of them having a Benetton ad childhood, and some of them turning bad now.

• Advertisement

You need to do research and see the pictures of the white irish cork lads in his gang. I would hazzard a guess that you've seen it and are being deliberately obtuse.

Also, I'm saying they are scum, anyone who commits or is party to an attack like that is scum. I never said they were salt of the earth. I'm not sure where you got that from. I was just saying they hung around with each other in what you could call a diversely raced gang for lack of a better term. My understanding was that this guy would be hanging around with a gang of white/mixed and black lads. All in the one gang. The lad himself is clearly mixed race and probably half irish.

Advertisement