Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit issues / bike24.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I ordered off deporvillage on 30th March and tracking has the goods still in Germany. The carrier is GLS (who I have no faith in), anyone else seeing longer lead times around Easter. A few deliveries at the moment seem to be suffering from Suez related delays despite being nowhere near any problem areas, I wouldnt be ordering off deporvillage again based on this experience

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Tredz have temporarily suspended delivering to Ireland, north or south. Had my eye on a cheap Spesh MIPS helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cionn wrote: »
    I ordered off deporvillage on 30th March and tracking has the goods still in Germany. The carrier is GLS (who I have no faith in), anyone else seeing longer lead times around Easter. A few deliveries at the moment seem to be suffering from Suez related delays despite being nowhere near any problem areas, I wouldnt be ordering off deporvillage again based on this experience

Rose told me my RD was held up due to the Suez thing. I ordered in early Feb for delivery in three weeks. Ever Given happened on 23 March

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

whats the craic with ordering helmets from uk retailers post brexit, any extra charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    whats the craic with ordering helmets from uk retailers post brexit, any extra charges?

Not a helmet, but I’ve ordered from Wiggle and CRC post Brexit and have had no issues with customs etc. It’s done at point of sale with them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ratracer wrote: »
    Not a helmet, but I’ve ordered from Wiggle and CRC post Brexit and have had no issues with customs etc. It’s done at point of sale with them anyway.

lovely stuff, retailer isnt either of those though, so we ll see what happens, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭prunudo

I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't that important but anyone else getting fed up with the constant stock and supply issues with sites.
    A huge % of items constantly 6 weeks away from being in stock. Even basic items are becoming hard to come by and you have to order from a number of sites to make up an order. Roll on the return of proper supply chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just another to add to add to the list of ones to avoid - waiting weeks for a Sports Pursuit order. It'll be my last order with them, as I'm now outside the end of the delivery window they gave on ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PringleDemon

prunudo wrote: »
    I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't that important but anyone else getting fed up with the constant stock and supply issues with sites.
    A huge % of items constantly 6 weeks away from being in stock. Even basic items are becoming hard to come by and you have to order from a number of sites to make up an order. Roll on the return of proper supply chains.

Estimated date of 2023 for the likes of Shimano components

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭prunudo

Estimated date of 2023 for the likes of Shimano components

Wow, for them to get back to normal, thats mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

£30 pounds standard rate for delivery from sjcycles. Ridiculous. So using AddressPal and it will still end up costing me €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

http://www.s-tec-sports.de
    Anyone any experience with them recently? I ordered a new frame from them 1 month ago. They've told me a well known courier company has lost a truck load of their deliveries. No-one knows where it is. I've asked for a refund at this stage.
    Distribution and logistics centers must be completely overrun and unable to cope, or what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

prunudo wrote: »

Tell me about it. Dropped my bike into the shop as the chain was dropping off the big ring, replacement not due in stock til the end of next month.

Pain in the arse for window shopping too, any bits and pieces I might be interested in are gone. Even disc rotors are all out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ordered Dura ace rotors through LBS but suspect I’ll never see them due to stock issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Had to order ultegra hydraulic brake calipers off aliexpress as couldn't get them elsewhere, delivered in 4wks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I ordered a few items from Bike24 on March 18th - glasses, tyres, chain and 105 11-28 cassette. All of the items bar the cassette were in stock but they held off dispatching anything until they had everything available - which they said would be mid-May.
    Got an email from them this morning saying that the cassette would become available on 06.05.2021 but they've taken the decision to ship the other stuff to me now.
    I'm getting a bad feeling about my chances of getting the cassette :(

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I dont need a new cassette just yet, I'm quite a ways away from it in fact, but I'm getting more jittery about being able to get one when I do need it, and nearly bought one several times.

I have a chain, several wheel bearings (I've had really bad luck with bearings), a couple of sets of brake disc pads waiting to go.

The price of cassettes has almost doubled since this time last year, I could get one for a little over 60 euro last year, and now they are up to 120 (dependant on where I get it.).

Anyone come across a reasonably priced - Shimano 105 CS-R7000, 11-32T?

My local shop was selling 105 28t and 30t for 60 two weeks ago. Wouldn't dream of paying a cent more. I got a 25t for €44 from Bike Components and they're now €51 two months later, out of stock of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭C3PO

I ended up buying a Sram Force Group set for a new build recently - 6 months before Ultegra would be delivered by Bike 24!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Not Bike24, but Ribble - ordered last week and bike is already ready for dispatch from the UK, despite having been advised that it wouldn't be until 31 May (which I was fine with). Have to say they're very easy to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭C3PO

Paddigol wrote: »
    Not Bike24, but Ribble - ordered last week and bike is already ready for dispatch from the UK, despite having been advised that it wouldn't be until 31 May (which I was fine with). Have to say they're very easy to deal with.

How will that work out for VAT and duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

C3PO wrote: »
    I'm interested to hear the outcome myself, as always a few I like the look of with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

C3PO wrote: »

I'll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JayWalsh

I got a 34-11 105 cassette of cyclesuperstore.ie just this morning. They seem to have a lot of cassettes in stock.

Given my delayed order from bike24, I ordered a 105 11-28 along with two chains from CSS yesterday and will collect them tomorrow am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Pop up on the Ribble front page:

Changes to VAT for EU customers
    If your bike is being delivered to an address within the EU, Ribble will no longer charge you VAT. However, your order will be subject to VAT, any other local tax and 14% import duty when it arrives at your country’s border. You will be responsible for paying these taxes to your local authority in-line with your country’s customs procedures.

+AnPost/Courier charges etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Pop up on the Ribble front page:

Changes to VAT for EU customers
    If your bike is being delivered to an address within the EU, Ribble will no longer charge you VAT. However, your order will be subject to VAT, any other local tax and 14% import duty when it arrives at your country’s border. You will be responsible for paying these taxes to your local authority in-line with your country’s customs procedures.

+AnPost/Courier charges etc

Ouch :eek:

Looking for misc bits across bike24, Bike Components and Mantel and absolutely everything is out of stock. I know cassettes and the like are out but so are the tyres, wheels and just about anything else I could possibly want and prices vary widely too. Anywhere else worth looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Looking for misc bits across bike24, Bike Components and Mantel and absolutely everything is out of stock. I know cassettes and the like are out but so are the tyres, wheels and just about anything else I could possibly want and prices vary widely too. Anywhere else worth looking?
    My order of March 18th is to be delivered today. Set of Vittoria Corsa tyres, chain and Tifosi Podium XC glasses.
    Apparently they still don't have my R7000 cassette which was part of the same order - they will send it on when they can.

In the interim, I ordered some chains and a casette from CSS and collected them a few days ago.

Advertisement