Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USD v EURO prediction?

• 22-12-2020 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

I have a sum of money online in USD, currently 100 USD equates to 82.26 in euro.

Does anyone think the dollar will rise up again in 2021 and I should wait a while or do you think I should cash out now.

Here's what the graph looks like, you can see coronavirus had a major impact on how close they were trending.

y8naL16.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I have a sum of money online in USD, currently 100 USD equates to 82.26 in euro.

Does anyone think the dollar will rise up again in 2021 and I should wait a while or do you think I should cash out now.

Here's what the graph looks like, you can see coronavirus had a major impact on how close they were trending.

y8naL16.png

Retire now buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

My view is that the USD will be influenced by its own stock market moreso than foreign trades.
    Whenever the stock market hype rubber meets the road, there will be a rush to the dollar as a safe haven. Which will be temporary as the money will attempt to move on into gold / silver/bitcoin but, as tiny markets, the inn is full so its bleak for the dollar. Or the yoyo fir that matter.

What approximate sum are you discussing? The way it's written, it could appear as $100 but of course that's not what you meant. Just first read etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

An Ri rua wrote: »
    My view is that the USD will be influenced by its own stock market moreso than foreign trades.
    Whenever the stock market hype rubber meets the road, there will be a rush to the dollar as a safe haven. Which will be temporary as the money will attempt to move on into gold / silver/bitcoin but, as tiny markets, the inn is full so its bleak for the dollar. Or the yoyo fir that matter.

What approximate sum are you discussing? The way it's written, it could appear as $100 but of course that's not what you meant. Just first read etc.

Thanks for the reply, it's not a huge amount, 5k.

From the little research I've done online it seems this moment is the weakest the dollar has been against the euro for 2.5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

should see a range of between 1.15 and 1.25 for 2021 with it above $1.20 most of the time , the euro is clearly in a bullish pattern against the dollar right now

Advertisement